Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Ground textures gets more blurry the further I fly

I just did a test flight from KIAH to KMEM, after departing from KIAH everything was sharp and crisp, but the further I got along my route, the ground textures starting getting more and more blurrier. Does anyone know what the cause of this is? I am using ORBX Global, Vector and openLC. Never seen this problem before. I have recently installed a new copy of P3D v4.3 along with most of my addons.

I'm not sure if it has to do with the Library Scenery Insertion Point order in FTX Central. I checked it and mine is set to:

FTX entries should be inserted below: Prepar3D Scenery

openLC entries should be inserted below: FTX

Is this correct? I know FTX entries should be below any 3rd on scenery, but when I look at the list, I don't see any of my 3rd party addon sceneries in there. But they show up in P3D under Scenery Library. I'm not sure what's going on.

Edited by captain420
  • Upvote 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Can we safely eliminate heat buildup in your computer case?  Cooling fans working, no dust build up inside the case, no books or paperwork stuffed alongside the case's cooling vents?  I like to start with the simple stuff.🔥

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

6 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Try to set it below your first addon airport. 

I did a clean install of P3D 4.3 and i decided to install everything using XML metod only. Only Orbx is installed in traditional way. So, my option is the "on the top of scenery library", since i don't have any other addon scenery installed direct to P3D - all sceneries using XML metod are going to be above this

18 minutes ago, lodestar said:

Try to set it below your first addon airport. 

I did a clean install of P3D 4.3 and i decided to install everything using XML metod only. Only Orbx is installed in traditional way. So, my option is the "on the top of scenery library", since i don't have any other addon scenery installed direct to P3D - all sceneries using XML metod are going to be above this

Yes my computer doesn't have excess dust or heat issues. I think its perhaps I have too many apps open in the background. I tried closing one app and everything seems to be okay now. Strange.

I did installed all my addons via add-on.xml method also. So I guess that's normal that I don't see my addons under FTX insertion point drop down list. So should I change FTX entries should be inserted below from Prepar3D Scenery to (at the top of the scenery library)?

ftx.jpggif uploader

Edited by captain420

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

5 minutes ago, captain420 said:

So should I change FTX entries should be inserted below from Prepar3D Scenery to (at the top of the scenery library)?

Yes, it should be at the top. I also have Global, Vector and OpenLC. I noticed this was set by default to "below P3D scenery", have no a idea why. It should be between default scenery and addon scenery. In this case, if you are using XML metod only, it should be at the top

Thanks, I will change the FTX insertion point to the top then and see if it does anything.

+1 here. I have the same issue. I thought I was the only one. All my sceneries were installed in traditional way. I did not make any changes, it just stared happening a week ago. 

Can you guys clarify what is  install  using XML method? Is it really needed? I have mo clue what it is and how it works and why people do this. 

Thx 

Edited by skysurfer

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

It's to keep all your addons outside of the main P3D install folder. So if you should ever need to reinstall, you won't have to reinstall your addons all over again. This is the proper way to install addons. Unfortunately not all developers abide to this, so you're going to have to do it manually. This way you don't have to worry about what addons overwriting files and such, because each addon will have its own folder outside of your main P3D install location.

So do I just have to create sort of Addon Scenery folder outside P3D and install sceneries into it? Does it have to be on the same drive or it does not matter?

"not all developers abide to this, so you're going to have to do it manually."

I understand that is the hardest part. How do I manually install or move the scenery then?  Is there a good place to read about it?

Thx 

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

The best place is the Prepar3D Learning Center, on LM website. Also, you can read about it here, for example this topic

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, captain420 said:

I just did a test flight from KIAH to KMEM, after departing from KIAH everything was sharp and crisp, but the further I got along my route, the ground textures starting getting more and more blurrier. Does anyone know what the cause of this is? I am using ORBX Global, Vector and openLC. Never seen this problem before. I have recently installed a new copy of P3D v4.3 along with most of my addons.

I'm not sure if it has to do with the Library Scenery Insertion Point order in FTX Central. I checked it and mine is set to:

openLC entries should be inserted below: FTX

Is this correct? I know FTX entries should be below any 3rd on scenery, but when I look at the list, I don't see any of my 3rd party addon sceneries in there. But they show up in P3D under Scenery Library. I'm not sure what's going on.

Are you using AffinityMask in the config file?  That's a known cause of progressively blurry textures as you fly from point to point.

Thanks,

Rich 

• Like 1

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS

18 hours ago, captain420 said:

everything was sharp and crisp, but the further I got along my route, the ground textures starting getting more and more blurrier. Does anyone know what the cause of this is?

Without any more context, this sounds like what happens when you demand more of your computer than it can deliver. Try adjusting some of your settings to more conservative levels. The frame rate setting would be a good experiment for starters. Set it quite low (like 15 or something) and see if the problem goes away or reduces. Another good test is to hit Pause and see if the textures catch up.

• Upvote 2

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

I tried hitting pause but its still the same. But thanks for pointing that out, I will keep an eye out on this to see what's causing this.

18 minutes ago, captain420 said:

I tried hitting pause but its still the same. But thanks for pointing that out, I will keep an eye out on this to see what's causing this.

I'm not sure the pause is a workaround... I assigned a key to the Refresh Texture (or Scenery) key command and use that on the occasions when I'm using increased simulation rates and I beat the rendering engine into submission.

Dan Downs KCRP