Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Ground textures gets more blurry the further I fly

Same with me. After 4.3 , it is not longer possible to fly, because of blurries. I tried everything, but nothing. Guys, I am thinking about windows 1803. But I am not sure.

All old methods doesnt work. We need some new method.

• Upvote 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qSLCP92NoY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3HpK-rW2qc&t=2307s

These 2 videos from Rob help me reduce my blurry sim. Its not perfect but I had several enjoyable flights around Europe today in the turbine duke. Running 4.3 vsync and triple buf on Target Frame Rate at 33 on 4k set at 30 hz reduce blurries a lot. Am just learning all I can to solve this problem on my pc.

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

On 7/7/2018 at 1:06 PM, OMGEDSON said:

Full reinstall of ORBX onto SSD and with completely default .CFG

Confused, your test results are from HD?  When did the SSD enter the equation?

Perhaps you can list what you've tried so far to resolve?

What I use as a good process for detecting the source of "mysterious" issue assuming the hardware is all good:

1.  In P3D disable every 3rd party scenery and in Add-on products (exit P3D afterwards)

2.  Disable all entries in both versions of EXE.XML and DLL.XML (you might have two versions of each in different folders)

3.  Delete Shaders folder (cache folder C:\Users\[YourUserName]\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders)

4.  Check your ShadersHLSL folder (under P3D Root) and see if any files have been modified and the originals backed up, restore the originals

5.  Delete you Prepar3d.cfg and Terrain.cfg

6.  Delete your scenery indexes folders (they will get regenerated - facilities/scenery indexes)

7.  If you have any custom sky, water, grass, runway textures, return them to default P3D V4.3

8.  If you have any add-ons that actually swap out core files with their own (fsAerodata and others) then try to restore the originals

Be sure to backup files before changes or deletes.

Now use a default aircraft and fly a long route and see what happens. 

a. If all good then start increasing the graphics settings and test again, repeat until you reach your FPS goals

b. Enable your 3rd party scenery/add-ons ONE AT TIME and test, if all good repeat process adding one 3rd party add-on/scenery at a time

This process should expose the problem or resolve the problem.  If the problem still persists the next step is uninstall P3D, delete all 5 folders P3D uses and reinstall P3D and test again with a base P3D no add-ons installed ... if you have the same problem with a base install then it's either hardware issue (something else) or an LM issue with your specific hardware/OS combination.

The above is obviously some amount of work, but if you skip steps then you invalidate the process ... all to often users are convinced it's XYZ and just refuse to accept it could be something else ... this holds back the resolution process.  It may also be easier to uninstall and wipe P3D (all 5 dirs) and re-install from scratch and test a base install, then do the process of adding back scenery/add-ons on at a time and test after each.  Over the years I've had to do this a few times with XP and P3D, but the good news is that in all cases I was able to identify the problem (be it LM, LR, hardware, or 3rd party).

Cheers, Rob.

EDIT: I'm operating Win 10 1803 without issue (well no issues specific to 1803 and any of my flight sims)

Nothing helps. I go crazy. With 1709, everything was good. When begins to land , ground textures dont want to load at all.With addons, without addons, doesnt matter.

@Marina Kosherova

can you post your current active Prepar3d.cfg, terrain.cfg and scenery.cfg please?

Edited by Chris Bell

This problem still happens even with Google Chrome closed. I have been busy lately and don't have time to do further troubleshooting to see the cause of this problem. Just wanted to touch base with you guys here so that you guys know that the problem still exists for me. In case some of you thought that it has been fixed since I haven't responded, which isn't the case.

Once I have some more time I'll do some more testing.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

As long as LM doesn't fix the engine this problem won't be solved 😉

Cut back sliders, limit FPS, that's what it makes it better for me, but not fixing it completely. As long as Core 0 is under full load it seems to me that this will happen.

5 hours ago, swiesma said:

As long as LM doesn't fix the engine this problem won't be solved 😉

Cut back sliders, limit FPS, that's what it makes it better for me, but not fixing it completely. As long as Core 0 is under full load it seems to me that this will happen.

Rest assured, Stefan, that this is not a issue with core 0 loading.  This is a pretty common misconception so I understand your pointing to it when you cannot find anything else.  But look elsewhere.

Dan Downs KCRP

29 minutes ago, downscc said:

Rest assured, Stefan, that this is not a issue with core 0 loading.  This is a pretty common misconception so I understand your pointing to it when you cannot find anything else.  But look elsewhere.

I would tend to agree with Dan. My 6700K core 0 runs at 100% virtually from the time I launch P3Dv4.3 until I exit the program. Only time I get blurry scenery is if I'm using the in-sim time compression for extended periods of time, and then a simple scenery refresh command straightens it right out. I can assure you, if the problem were core 0 saturation, I would always have blurry scenery.

Kind Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

„Look elsewhere“. Aha. 

Like whereelse? The engine is outdated and causes this. Pretty simply. Core 0 is completely done. Autogen and texture loading gets faster when pausing the sim. Why? Because you take load off core 0. 

but yeah. You all know it better without telling it to anyone. That’s why you gotta love this forum. 

And no. You would not have blurry scenery always. It simply depends on what you do. When you compress time you simply put even more load on the engine and especially core 0. look at all other cores. Most of them are far away from 100%. Ssd is also far from Heavy load. So is Memory usage and load. 

So whatelse should it be? A stoneold engine that‘s not optimized for texture loading and a overloaded core 0. pretty simple. 

Edited by swiesma
  • Upvote 1

Yes you hit the nail on the head; that’s the solution... blame LM and P3D!

which one of you is up to date with the latest build?
If you are having this odd issue have you considered opening a support ticket with LM?

Or you’re happy with the solution you currently have?

None of the above is true regardless of it happening on your systems, that is not the norm!

On 7/2/2018 at 6:27 PM, OMGEDSON said:

Unfortunately the topic has turned into a standard "blurries" thread. I assure you what the Op reported and what I'm reporting in 4.3 is not your standard "blurries" issue.  @Rob Ainscough did your 4.3 install get blurrier over time? 

I have examples...This is a flight from KSDF to KBWI that I've flown over a dozen times in 4.3 with the exact same outcome, not once able to land.

Starts off super sharp without issue, and over the next 30-40mins each time this happens:

wBYPxnt.png

1zFr7DV.png

12QIkXU.png

8PfvHem.png

uQ1HcWU.png

HalppA7.png

FJrqDqp.png

Q3GDL5X.png

it is not isolated to ORBX, as it includes custom airports scenery as well.

I have this exact problem. It's not a standard blurries problem it's something to do with P3D v4.3 and/or orbx

anyone seen this thread: