Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Ground textures gets more blurry the further I fly

Although I don't suffer from this, I'm totally fascinated by it:

Assuming your hardware is operating as intended -it looks as if the sim has lost track of you guys. What happens if you guys fly back to the point of origin?

Do ya'll have custom cameras or something that might be telling the sim you're some place you're not???

Not tried to fly back to good scenery. I do use chaseplane for custom cameras and that has control of cameras.cfg - Maybe it's a chaseplane thing, can anyone confirm same fault without Chaseplane installed / active in cameras.cfg?

2 hours ago, 9GTurn said:

Not tried to fly back to good scenery. I do use chaseplane for custom cameras and that has control of cameras.cfg - Maybe it's a chaseplane thing, can anyone confirm same fault without Chaseplane installed / active in cameras.cfg?

I'm curious what your default "top down" camera view looks like ...is it straight down and as you zoom out does the aircraft remain in the cross hair?

Edited by FunknNasty
added "zoom out"

simple if you think it's chaseplane, then uninstall and test without

6 hours ago, 9GTurn said:

Last time I tried aircraft was in the crosshair

My 100 mile view ( <-----sorry, couldn't resist), is that this is a camera issue. So what kurtb said.

But, it may be a little more involved that just a uninstall/reinstall. You may have to look into what hooks Chaseplane to P3D. Stuff like .cfg files and possibly an OS registry entry ...or two.

Edited by FunknNasty
added quote

Wish I could be more help for those having this issue but I've listed everything I know that could cause this.  Perhaps those of you having this problem could make a video of your flight include your graphics settings and how you "normally" fly along with showing your DLL.XML (files both of them) and EXE.XML (files, both of them) -- Please do NOT copy paste those files into an AVSIM thread as that consumes to much thread space and isn't helpful.  A video would be the best option and that will present how you fly (view changes, etc.) and what you do while flying.  Also, if you have any tools that can run performance metrics perhaps record that output also ... specifically Memory and HD/SDD.  There are just so many potential items that can cause this type of problem from pirated software to graphics settings to hardware problems to BIOS settings ... it really is that wide open on what it could be. 

Alternatively you could just tell LM to "fix it", but that's probably not going to get any solution and is really just venting for the sake of venting.  In order for LM to investigate any issue, they have to be able to replicate the issue, if they can't replicate the issue, they can't "fix it".  In order for LM to replicate they'll most likely need to know everything about your system and what is install etc. etc. ... videos can help this process.  

I tested some more in the last couple of days with long flights, high graphics settings with Orbx FTX Global, Orbx Vector, Orbx OpenLC NA, OpenLC Europe, OpenLC SA, Orbx/Turbulent Trees, PILOT's FS Global 2018 NG, HiFi AS4 (clear to nasty weather with RealLight and TrueGlass active), ENVTEX/ENVSHADE, FSUIPC, Turbulent KIDA, to FB KDEN and FSDT KDFW and Turbulent KMBS,  ChasePlane, FSFX Packages (aircraft effects), RAAS Pro, fsAerodata, NaviGraph 1807 and 1808 cycle, TFDi 717 with WX radar, 2-4 hour flights (2X slew for some of the flight) cruising at FL320 @ 500 Kts GS, 280-290 indicated, etc. etc. 

Cheers, Rob.

Rob,

I think this "blurry ground textures after version 4.x" issue is an issue similar to the "disappearing cloud shadows" issue. I know that both issues are real because I've had both happen to me. But unlike some of the other users, they happen to me very infrequently and for no apparent reason.   

The former issue seems to be something related to the sim gradually getting further and further behind in placing scenery tiles and autogen. Initially, the problems are so far in the distance that the user is unaware that anything is amiss. Eventually, the issue gets closer and closer to the viewpoint. If one flies at high elevation (and is there is a semi-solid to solid cloud deck)  the issue may only  become apparent until on finally approach. I can't prove this, but I believe that FFTF Dynamic may be the reason that it doesn't happen to me that often.  I have the app use an FPS range of 20 to 32 and a maximum FFTF=0.50 at altitude, so maybe it never falls behind. I chalk this "bug" up to hardware not being able to keep up with IQ settings, but unless LM can reproduce it, we'll never know for sure.

The disappearing cloud shadow issue is even more bizarre. The only thing that I've noticed is that the issue is more prevalent at low sun angles, in hilly terrain and when using ASCA clouds. To be honest, I can't say I've ever seen the issue with the REX Skyforce clouds. That could be a coincidence or maybe I just haven't waited long enough.:wink:

Jay

I just carried out a very short test. Continuing my enroute flight where the problem has displayed itself. Flying off the coast of Wales towards southern Ireland, as I approached Ireland the textures would be all messed up.

Strangely today I did not get this problem. Nothing changed in P3D 4.3 but chaseplane running which I think carried out an update. Not sure if this has made the difference.

Can confirm that the aircraft is in the crosshairs from top down but can't test what happens if I turn back.

Scenery file did a reindex on start-up and haven't made any other changes.

3 hours ago, 9GTurn said:

Flying off the coast of Wales towards southern Ireland, as I approached Ireland the textures would be all messed up.

I've noticed I can fly for hours over N or S America without an issue but as soon as I hit the Irish or British Isles and over Europe the blurries appear after a shot time.  I do not have a clue yet.  Playing with it.

Dan Downs KCRP

Before may 2018 everything was ok, but now blurries kill me. For those who tell to show settings and config files, I can tell only one. l uninstalled prepare 3d 10 times, I clean hard drive and installed new windows. The problem exist without all addons. But I didnt check chaseplane. I cant do it now. Please, check it. And if somebody find the solution, Scream about it everywhere.

did you apply win10 creators update?
if so try removing it!

I cannot imagine that chaseplane creates such issues

Edit: I have tested P3D without Chaseplane in a short flight and what do I have to say the issue is not resolved BUT I mentioned that autogen reloads faster than before while pausing the sim

Edited by mobiel

EDIT: I made another testflight without Chaseplane and it seems that autogen reloads faster than before. I'm not sure whether my opionion is impartial so can someone check this out, too?!