Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Ground textures gets more blurry the further I fly

3 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

7700K HT ON

8700K HT ON

7900X HT OFF

The graphics settings used are the same from each test with the only variants being TFR, Vsync, Triple Buffer, TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP, FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION.   The other graphics settings are in the video and set via UI.  TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=10 and TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=9 were used (be sure High Res Textures is check per my video that shows the settings) in testing.  When TFR=30 or 31, I tested FFTF = 0.1, 0.2, 0.33 (default), 0.66, 0.99. 

On all 3 of my PC's when using TFR=30 or 31 (and any variant of Vsync and Triple Buffer), a FFTF value below 0.33 would eventually end with Autogen not rendering (base P3D V4.2, base P3D V4.3, and a fully loaded P3D V4.3 with add-ons).

Cheers, Rob.

Rob,

I was hoping you could test FTX Southern California, Los Angeles area. I still see lots of pauses and loading patches. For example at GEN (Berlin) I don't see any pauses or delayed AG.

I concluded that at least on my system FTX SCal (LA) area is the worst performer, but it's a beautiful region. I just try to stay away from LA.

I'm wondering if a better cpu/gpu helps in that area.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

@DJJose
you just need to balance your resources vs what you are loading,
a full hour low n slow over the LA grid, TnG KVNY to KLAX on a laptop! (office grade, specs in the description!)

Edited by Chris Bell

On 8/13/2018 at 5:58 PM, Adamski_NZ said:

How/where are you setting 30Hz (genuine question)?

Adam.

Samsung TV set to 30 HZ refresh in NVCP.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

On 8/13/2018 at 4:35 PM, AnkH said:

Short answer: because "we" obviously do not understand the difference between FPS and monitor refresh rate (Hz) :laugh:

Sorry I don't get the joke.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

20 minutes ago, gboz said:

Sorry I don't get the joke.

gb.

There is no joke to get anymore, as it was actually me reading Rob's statement the wrong way around. Apologies from my side.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

1 hour ago, gboz said:

Samsung TV set to 30 HZ refresh in NVCP.

Thanks! I have an LCD, so don't get that refresh rate. I just wondered if I was missing some black magic!

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

7 minutes ago, Adamski_NZ said:

Thanks! I have an LCD, so don't get that refresh rate. I just wondered if I was missing some black magic!

I have an LCD screen, too, and I can set 30, 50, or 60 via Nvidia Control Panel. It's just some models allow this and others don't.

Kinds regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

2 minutes ago, pmb said:

I have an LCD screen, too, and I can set 30, 50, or 60 via Nvidia Control Panel. It's just some models allow this and others don't.

Thanks, Michael! I've learned something today 🙂

So there's no computer cpu/gpu combination available today that can run ORBX Southern California (LA Area) @30fps smoothly without pauses or tile loading in the distance?

With my 2600K/970 combo, I can run at 20-25fps with FSDT KLAX v2 enabled, some AI & cars, and very dense AG, but I see the annoying loading in the distance and occasional pauses.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 hour ago, Adamski_NZ said:

Thanks, Michael! I've learned something today 🙂

With many monitors, if they don't have a setting on the menu they can be sent a lower sync rate from the GPU setup and act like a 30 Hz monitor if you want (slows down your mouse movement). Check out your Nvidia Control Panel for custom monitor profiles. Be careful when using it as you can lose the picture with an incompatible setting, the original setting returns after a few seconds if not confirmed.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Well blow me down!!! Yes - I could set up all sorts of wacky parameters (but I had to disable DSR first). Needless to say, my monitor didn't like anything but its default. All very interesting all the same!

Instead of using DSR to increase resolution try in-sim AA settings, much better with more recent P3D versions.

I can set 30 hz on my BenQ BL3200PT but the mouse movement gets laggy. Its noticeable so I don't use the 30hz rate.

46 minutes ago, SteveW said:

Instead of using DSR to increase resolution try in-sim AA settings, much better with more recent P3D versions.

I don't use it for general flying. I only use it (at 4x) for taking screenshots - giving me a nice large image that scales down well in Photoshop, as its interpolation routines are good.

So ... I get good performance while stooging around, but can still capture great looking shots (in pause mode) then use Chaseplane to compose.

• Like 1

Cool. Scaling down extra large screenshots provides the best AA for those pictures.