Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Ground textures gets more blurry the further I fly

5 hours ago, DJJose said:

So there's no computer cpu/gpu combination available today that can run ORBX Southern California (LA Area) @30fps smoothly without pauses or tile loading in the distance?

With my 2600K/970 combo, I can run at 20-25fps with FSDT KLAX v2 enabled, some AI & cars, and very dense AG, but I see the annoying loading in the distance and occasional pauses.

LAX take off

https://vimeo.com/284974094

LAX approach

https://vimeo.com/284975313

Edited by FunknNasty
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, DJJose said:

So there's no computer cpu/gpu combination available today that can run ORBX Southern California (LA Area) @30fps smoothly without pauses or tile loading in the distance?

Sure there are, but it depends on your graphic settings ... if you max everything out (and I do mean everything) then no computer today can ... especially if you takeoff or land from runway 6 or 7 (which is probably pretty rare real world) when you face the city/hills and not the empty ocean. 🙂  Heck, just adding 100% Road Traffic will bring FPS down considerably for LA area.

Cheers, Rob.

15 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Sure there are, but it depends on your graphic settings ... if you max everything out (and I do mean everything) then no computer today can ... especially if you takeoff or land from runway 6 or 7 (which is probably pretty rare real world) when you face the city/hills and not the empty ocean. 🙂  Heck, just adding 100% Road Traffic will bring FPS down considerably for LA area.

Cheers, Rob.

Yeah. LAX  is like ordering for that company dinner or dinner for that wedding reception; you can choose 1 of 3 entrees  ( chicken, fish, or beef), choose 2 of 5 side dish offerings (corn, potato, rice, fruit, or other), and a drink ....anything more and you pay.

Edited by FunknNasty
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Adamski_NZ said:

Thanks! I have an LCD, so don't get that refresh rate. I just wondered if I was missing some black magic!

One of the advantages of a TV I guess.

My model has 23, 24, 25, 29, 30, 50, 59 and 60 HZ options.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

On 8/14/2018 at 9:15 PM, FunknNasty said:

Now this gives me the motivation for a GPU upgrade 😀

Can you post your settings?

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

Same symptoms for me COMPLETELY SOLVED by deleting the [JOBSCHEDULER] and AffinityMask settings in my .cfg file.

On 8/13/2018 at 8:34 PM, 0Artur0 said:

I have no idea why I get the "dizzy effect" that I get with locking frames. The thing is that the exact same thing was going on on my previous machine and the one before that. So, different hardware, different sim (P3D v2, P3Dv3 and now P3D v4), same result with locking frames and TrackIR movement.

So, you're getting the same (or very similar without any negative effects) head movement picture fluidity with frames set to unlimited opposed to frames locked at 20FPS (or locked in general at whatever number)? Maybe we just have different opinion what's smooth and what's not. Could it be my monitor (it's some cheap Samsung LED LCD @ 60Hz)?

Is anyone using fast sync tweak in NVI to help with the TrackIR stutters? I find it actually helps with the head movement stutters

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

On 8/14/2018 at 4:43 PM, Rob Ainscough said:

Cheers, Rob.

I'm well aware that settings play a role on fps, but I'd like to know about tile loading in the distance. Is it possible with today's best cpu/gpu combo and the right settings?

If it is, a video in the FTX LA area would be the best way to show that it is possible. So far the videos of that area I've seen all show pauses and loading tiles in the distance.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

17 minutes ago, Shomron said:

Is anyone using fast sync tweak in NVI to help with the TrackIR stutters? I find it actually helps with the head movement stutters

Never knew about that setting. I'll try it.

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

Your specs are I5 8600K @ 5.0 - GSkill 3200 c14 @ 4133 c17 - EVGA 1080Ti.

P2d v4 settings?

You didn't give my monitor any love ...that's kinda like the GoldenState Warriors playing without Stephen Curry.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DJJose said:

Your specs are I5 8600K @ 5.0 - GSkill 3200 c14 @ 4133 c17 - EVGA 1080Ti.

P2d v4 settings?

1 hour ago, FunknNasty said:

You didn't give my monitor any love ...that's kinda like the GoldenState Warriors playing without Stephen Curry.

Oh geez ...the motherboard cleared it's throat when we didn't mention it by name... :-)