Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Ground textures gets more blurry the further I fly

anything new on this issue? I am having same problem, i7 8700k 5.0Ghz, Nvidia 1080, 64GB mem.....have blurries after long flights and time compression....doesnt matter much which bird am flying....man I have had this nagging problem since FSX

Few ideas...

Any luck with reducing terrain settings, mesh and texture res and so on? Be sure it's not overloaded - might look OK to start up but in the end the background process can begin to stall delivering those textures.

Tried HT disabled?

Any luck with an AM with 01 on the first core if HT is enabled?

Any exe addon app, try moving them to later cores use a BAT if they don't support an AM.

6 core+HT (12t) try a P3D AM of 340. HT disabled 6 core try an AM=30.

Edited by SteveW

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

9 hours ago, imrj said:

...have blurries after long flights and time compression....

Of course you have them because no PC at the moment will load the textures so fast to keep up with the time compression.

After acitvating normal time speed press Pause and wait until the sim catches up with loading the ground textures.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

22 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

Of course you have them because no PC at the moment will load the textures so fast to keep up with the time compression.

After acitvating normal time speed press Pause and wait until the sim catches up with loading the ground textures.

...or try reload the scenery (you can setup a key press for this )

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Still annoyed by this problem, too. I usually fly in Germany where I have enabled ORBX GermanyNorth (GEN) and South (GES). No matter if jet or prop, after several minutes I got those blurries as well.

BUT:

When I disable these ORBX addons, just fly with FTXGlobal Europe, almost no blurries at all. To my opinion, there is a lot or weird things between addons that cause these blurry issues. It doesn't matter what PC you have (look at Imri's features...), there are too many sensible relations between too many coexisting addons and too many running programmes.

Sorry for bump this up after 3 years, and not sure if it's already not relevant with P3Dv5...But I just had the very issue with P3Dv4.5 and I find the actually solution by reading though this topic.

The ONLY factor at least I tested with my system if the Ground texture would load is the FPS

HIGHER THE FPS, SLOWER THE LOAD.

Normally I fly with PMDG or FSL or CS birds with like 30~ FPS,so this never have been a issue for me.

I just started to fly the MJ Q400, which is astonishlly FPS friendly, with 80+ in VC and 100+ outside. I noticed after my 2 hour slow(compare to jets) flight into destination, there is almost no scenery.

I made few test with both MJQ400 and default F22, also the old aerosoft CRJ, I found it just doesn't load, I thought maybe something in my system was broken after my recent perfect flight.

But going though this topic, and with few trial and error, I noticed what I have written: HIGHER THE FPS, SLOWER THE LOAD.

I kinda think maybe LM's code is like :"OK, you want full FPS, so I'll just drop those textures, so you can get it."

But It's No matter how the FPS was lowered, I accidently find when I fly fast and blurry. and then closed to a heavy scenery airport, the ground start to catch up. then I tried the FPS limiter, it works, I used to run it unlimited, but by limit it to 90, the ground texture would load, by limit it to 50, it can catch up flight up to 300kt, and by limit it to 30, F22 on 1000kts is OK for me.

Without limiter, even a external software burst that lagged the whole system for a second would cause the fully blurred ground to catch up.  or as I normally fly the PMDG/FSL birds which is heavy on FPS to start with, as long as the FPS keeps low, the ground catches up.

In my old FSX days, the FPS limiter always half my FPS even if I can't reach the limit (like I'd get 40 when unlimited, but only 20 even when limited to 60),  so I always left it off, but with few test, it seems it's not what P3Dv4 would do, so I ended up just limit it to 45 and seems all OK to me.

Do you use a frame limiter like the one found in the NVIDIA control panel, or just the one in P3d?

Greg Clark

On 8/18/2021 at 4:44 AM, greg100o said:

Do you use a frame limiter like the one found in the NVIDIA control panel, or just the one in P3d?

Just one in P3D

The NVIDIA one have a bug for me, if I undock a window (like a FMC or a PFD), it will limit the totall sum of all windows' FPS, so if I limit it in 45 and have a PFD, an ATC window and a FMC window undocked, I'ld get only 11 FPS at most..