Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Ground textures gets more blurry the further I fly

1 hour ago, Chris Bell said:

show of hands how many here are using win10 and how many none Win10 having this issue?

I'm not having any issues and I'm running latest Win10.  As I posted earlier, I use ChasePlane, Orbx (everything, Vector, HD Trees, OpenLC, Regions, etc.), PILOTs Mesh, FSFXPackages, UTLive, RAAS Pro, TOGA Envtex/Envshade, F1 GTN 750/650, Very high graphics settings and even TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=10, Turbulent Trees, Orbx Trees, FSDT everything, FB, FT, etc. etc. etc.  For this PC (my main FS PC).  I ran the client installer and the content installer, uninstalled all my Orbx FTX Global, Regions, OpenLC, then reinstalled them again along with running FSDT updates externally, made sure all my other products were updated to support V4.3 and installed/updated.

I see a lot of people just stabbing in the dark and finger pointing ... that's not going to get problem resolution.  I'm assuming those having this problem have enabled Scenery and Content error logging and have gone thru those logs and resolved any errors in them?

I hate to say this, but for those of you having this problem and haven't come up with a solution yet, it "might" be faster to identify the source or resolve the issue with a full wipe (be sure to delete the six P3D folders after uninstalling all your products and P3D) and then start a clean 4.3 installation process and test after EACH and every add-on you install to make sure all is good.  As I demonstrated in my video (not using a top tier PC), a base P3D V4.3 install doesn't get blurry over time even when slewing 2X and 4X in an aircraft traveling at 300+ Kts.

The more add-ons one has, that increases your exposure to potential problems ... it's always been this way for better or worse (on any platform that has updates I might add) ... the double edge sword of flexibility, bug fixes, and a robust and complex SDK.  The more manual edits one makes to their .cfg files (especially the prepar3d.cfg) the more issues, there really is NO need to manually edit the prepar3d.cfg, stick to UI only and let it do the changes. 

I do get the frustration, you just want to install/uninstall and be done with it (me too, who wouldn't want that) ... AND, in majority cases that does indeed work, but there are always exceptions.  If you are one of those exceptions, then some of your options are to try to identify the problem, OR start over fresh.  Problem identification can be very time consuming even with just a few add-ons.

These are some of things I know that can cause "blurries" (which is a result of overloading texture processing):

1.  Manual modifications to prepar3d.cfg in search of higher FPS
2.  Corrupted scenery.cfg or terrain.cfg (usually caused by wrong formatting or a CTD during a key running process) 
3.  Attempts to install products with NO native P3D V4 support
4.  Just asking too much of one's hardware with very high graphics settings (8XSSAA, DL, Max DR, Autogen max and distances max)
5.  Shader modifications
6.  Changing cloud sizes/scale and high cloud resolutions (512-1024 is plenty for a good cloud representation)
7.  Camera config changes
8.  Restoring backed up P3D V4.2 files via add-on's restore process AFTER updating P3D V4.3 client/content leaving a mix/match of files
9.  Problematic Graphics drivers (try a DDU to wipe and reinstall)
10.  ITBM drivers/bios settings
11.  Anti-Virus products (keeping in mind Windows defender is still active even if you install another AV product ... disable BOTH when flying and be aware Win Defender will come back to life next reboot)
12.  Considerable Photoreal scenery (all active)

I know this sounds frustrating for many and it's clear several are obviously having a real problem, but there IS a solution if you want to invest your time wisely.  Those many users without this problem should actually be a positive sign for those of you with this problem ... it means there is a solution.

Cheers, Rob.

Why is it on every new P3D release there is some big issue that makes us wait until the next update.. then theres another issue and another and another...

It's annoying!!

@Rob Ainscough
but... you're not having any issues to begin with :unsure:

another point worth noting, most of us are in mid summer atm,
Feb-May cool ambient temps have also changed ooh so slightly,

as Rob indicated what the majority here are describing is some form of hardware fatigue!

1 minute ago, Mitch24 said:

Why is it on every new P3D release...

explained here

as Rob indicated what the majority here are describing is some form of hardware fatigue!

NO, that's not what I said at all.

but... you're not having any issues to begin with

I've had blurry issues before, my resolution was found in items 1-12 in my list above.

Cheers, Rob.

@Rob Ainscough

sorry about that; i should have worded it different, 
that was in reference to your earlier "shooting in the dark" comment,

13 minutes ago, Marina Kosherova said:

Xplane is my friend, till we find the sollution.

Please, stay on topic with P3D solutions, objective here is to help people not start yet another platform X vs. Y ... anyone that uses ANY platform with a degree of complexity will run into issue, XP11 is no exception.  Lets just try and help people shall we?

Cheers, Rob.

1 hour ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Please, stay on topic with P3D solutions, objective here is to help people not start yet another platform X vs. Y ... anyone that uses ANY platform with a degree of complexity will run into issue, XP11 is no exception.  Lets just try and help people shall we?

Here,, here !!   +1

I'm a long-time FS user (all sorts of sims) and have probably tried every known FSX or P3D tweak at some stage. I have a fairly old/mid-range system fully maxed out visuals-wise in order to enjoy/show off my PTA profiles twiddles - so I do get the odd performance issue.

All I can say is that Rob's [long] explanation/post is 100% on the button. Well done, Rob - and thanks for taking the time to write it all up.

Adam.

Edited by Adamski_NZ

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

Acutally I have tested a lot of different Settings and I some working for me. But I've got issue with blurry textures and autogen reloading when I use ORBX FTX Germany North and South. If I only use FTX Europe I don't get issues.

3 minutes ago, mobiel said:

Actually I have tested a lot of different Settings and I some working for me. But I've got issue with blurry textures and autogen reloading when I use ORBX FTX Germany North and South. If I only use FTX Europe I don't get issues.

I helped beta-test ORBX Germany. It's probably the densest region ORBX have ever produced. There are more villages/objects per square km than any other. I'm not surprised you have autogen problems in that area. I find FTX ENG also quite problematic - as well as FTX SCA. It's simply unavoidable, if you expect full detail IMHO - it's always going to be a trade-off.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

Disable cloudshadows and Cloud distance to 50 nm

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

As I mentioned, I had this problem. The first time I saw this was in 4.2 just after I upgraded from 4.0 (late May). I was flying from IAH (FSDT) to MIA. Things got blurry somewhere near NOLA. After that, I noticed it on most of my flights - many times flying over open land or water. I also continued to see this in 4.3.

I was running a GTX 980 and a 27" 2k monitor. AA was high enough to get rid of jaggies, but I can't remember the settings. I recently upgraded to a 1080ti and a 32" 4k monitor. When installing, I also update video drivers to the latest ones. AA is lower now, because the higher resolution takes care of things. This was one of the best upgrade I have every one in my 20 years of simming.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Guys, I want to repeat. This problem appeared in may 2018. Earlier everything was ok. So, some programs began to conflict. But, where to find this conflict, nobody knows.