Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Ground textures gets more blurry the further I fly

5 minutes ago, Marina Kosherova said:

Guys, I want to repeat. This problem appeared in may 2018. Earlier everything was ok. So, some programs began to conflict. But, where to find this conflict, nobody knows.

It's with P3D 4.3. That's exactly when it appeared. 

2 hours ago, Mitch24 said:

It's with P3D 4.3. That's exactly when it appeared. 

I cannot dispute that, it is certainly what it seems to be.  I do not disagree with any of Rob's statements on this, but I'm still isolating the problem trying to define how or when it happens.  As for the how, I can fly over N/S America all day without an issue but it will always occur when I fly from US to Europe when I'm over Southern England or Northern Europe.  I can fly from Dubai to Shenzhen and not see either.  For me, it also seems to require several hours into a session for it to appear when it does.  It's not something that I can trigger by simply being in Europe.  When the blurries are present, I cannot see any change in CPU/GPU loading or memory allocation.  Only terrain textures are blurred, vector or scenery objects are normal. Saving exiting and restrarting then reloading cures the problem for the next several hours.  Using Scenery Texture Reset  fixes the problem very short term, maybe 15 min.  It is taking time to isolate because of the time required to trigger it.

Dan Downs KCRP

This picture illustrates the exact problem for me. The sim has trouble loading autogen and textures in the distance. When I fly towards it it can't seem to catch up. Also the lined shadows are annoying but that's another issue maybe. 

Capture.jpg

13 hours ago, downscc said:

When the blurries are present, I cannot see any change in CPU/GPU loading or memory allocation.  Only terrain textures are blurred, vector or scenery objects are normal. Saving exiting and restrarting then reloading cures the problem for the next several hours. 

This somehow supports my theory I thought about with the autogen loading late and in patches issue. To me as a non-expert, it seems as P3Dv4.x has some kind of an issue with unloading the "unwanted" componentes such as textures, autogen and obviously also ground tiles. To me, it seems as P3Dv4.x uses some kind of buffer pools that are not properly maintained while the software is running and after a certain time, when the pool is full, resulting in slow autogen loading, blurries and missing textures and only a restart cures it (means: cleans and empties the buffer pools).

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

5 hours ago, Marina Kosherova said:

Every time I see blurries cpu load is 100 percent.  Cpu 4790 k.

That means your processor is bottlenecking P3D. Here is a spreadsheet from Intel showing what processors bottleneck: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fowvwdbyc633ym7/Bottlenecking Chart Rev 2.0 Intel.xlsx?dl=0 (sorry I can't see how to do attachments directly here).

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

Guys, can you open up task manager and go to Details and right click on Prepar3d's Affinity and then hit okay.  I noticed that on my system i7-5820K, one of the cores is not so active.  Just by doing that the low action core gets very active - heck it reduced stutters on my end.  I mean the core is active, just the bar graph showing its usuage is low or something.  Same problem was addressed in previous Prepar3d builds. 

I think it is a windows 10 issue or not.  Happening since v3 (I posted about that a while back). 

I am also using SLI on 4K so things are maybe different on a SLI system vs non-sli system

Edited by Skywolf

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

I had blurries back in 4.2, so I don't think it is a 4.3 issue per se.

I'm not sure the exact run of events I used to fix the blurries but I do remember that I deleted the FTX-AA ORBX lib.txt file in C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ORBX\User Documents\Versions folder and let FTX central reinstall libraries.

I also forced a migration of the lclookup via the settings menu of FTX central.

I also followed advice about rebuilding scenery cfg and terrain cfg, too.

Though I don't suffer from blurries anymore, I do suffer from slow loading autogen, especially with the fslabs a320. (Not surprised, as all 4 cores are at 98-100%)

To remedy that, I find that adding an FFTF of 0.15 to the p3d.cfg and locking my frame rate to 30 internally overcomes slow autogen loading. The sacrifice is low 20'sFPS at busy addon airports but reducing FFTF to lower values improves FPS but re introduces slow autogen loading.

I hope this has been at least a partly useful post.

Regards

Stu

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

1 hour ago, Marina Kosherova said:

As I understand , now Prepar3d is unusable, and we need to wait fix, or next update.

For you with your settings: yes.

For 99,8% of P3D users with their settings: no.

• Like 2

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

This may not be the problem but the CPU running at MAX the temps are ok but what about your VRM, go on YouTube search VRM TEMPS see the ROG X299 disaster der8uer video, manufactures said nothing then at this years Comicon released updated motherboards sporting VRMs with new cooling HEATPIPES and some with fans to cool them, in the testing it was found a CPU running 4,5 was ok but the higher the clock the performance dropped at 4.9 it throttled down near 3.9.  

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

I have noticed, that before GPU 99 percent, CPU 100 percent. And was no blurries. Now GPU 35 percent, CPU 100 percent. So this is the problem.

Ummm ! 11399 views !! I think many peoples are struggling with this problem...

Mike

1 hour ago, Mikelab6 said:

Ummm ! 11399 views !! I think many peoples are struggling with this problem...

Mike

It simply is one of the biggest problem of the P3D engine. And it will stay a problem until LM changes the engine. The way scenery works in P3D is one of the reasons I am flying in another sim now.