Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Ground textures gets more blurry the further I fly

Heat is not my issue : I have a 2” thick EKBW radiator with push/pull fan system outside my case. 

With max load the heat can go up to 58 degrees Celcius..

The GPU had a max load of 40-90% and max temp of below 70 degrees Celcius.

Since last weekend I now have SLI and the load/temps are lower now.

• Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

8 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Heat is not my issue : I have a 2” thick EKBW radiator with push/pull fan system outside my case. 

With max load the heat can go up to 58 degrees Celcius..

The GPU had a max load of 40-90% and max temp of below 70 degrees Celcius.

Since last weekend I now have SLI and the load/temps are lower now.

There you go and restarting the flight from a saved point flushes the system out and it performs normally again. If it is a component of the stock sim that causes the problem it might only become apparent on a truly stock system. That means stock Windows too.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

7 hours ago, Marina Kosherova said:

I remind 1000 times. From may 2018 , I had blluries, and it doesnt matter with, or without addons. I reistalled windows 2 times, severall times Prepare3d, I set lowest settings, NO RESULTS.

I suspect windows 1803, because I started to observe it with Prepare3d 4.2 in may.

This is an interesting situation. I had enquiries in the same vein about FSX:SE - later they dried up - no changes to SE. Ensure the GPU drivers are factory reset (Restore/Apply all profiles) and the sim views are defaulted to a single view and no undocked panels or GPSs not just a stock sim and stock Windows.

same problems in my asus rog  after a win 1803 update in June, starts in p3d 4.2 and the upgrade to

4.3 not solved these.Now observe high cpu temps ,power plan-fan issues,many high cpu use services

with no reason etc...

Sure is windows issue...🤔

Recent problems can be down to the fact that WIn10 might restart apps left running. A remnant of P3D not closed might restart with the next boot and cause uncertain conditions within the sim. A similar recent issue reported was for example a very slow starting sim after reboot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SteveW said:

Recent problems can be down to the fact that WIn10 might restart apps left running. A remnant of P3D not closed might restart with the next boot and cause uncertain conditions within the sim. A similar recent issue reported was for example a very slow starting sim after reboot.

That might be a reason for some...

In my case I suffer from the dropping framerate over time since V4.3. Just a clean P3Dv4.3 install + FlyTampa Schiphol V4 comp. + True Earth NL V4 comp. + ASP4/ASCA both V4 compatible.

Never had it with V4.2...

Had it with a specific V3 but an update fixed this ( causing P3D to let scenery/objects go from the memory )

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I did find an issue flying from LFLI to EGLL ... as soon as I crossover to England the AG stop loading/rendering (see 27:34 min mark in video).  HOWEVER, I need to replicate the same flight with NO Add-Ons and see if I have the problem in a base P3D V4.3 install.  If I can't replicate in a default P3D V4.3, then it's very likely a vendor problem and not an LM problem.

Here is the test video I made, description includes add-ons.  Graphics settings 12:04 min mark, Autogen problem starts at 27:34 min mark.  I did NOT use Time Compression, however post production I did speed up the video 1200% in some areas to reduce the length and make it YouTube friendly.  It is in 4K.

As you can see, no issues at all with "Blurries" and very smooth flight experience for the most part.  I selected France to England because I noticed many users with the blurries problem were flying in that area.

Around the 27:42 min mark when I simply bring up the Scenery Library, make NO changes and hit OK, the AG returns.  I have reported to LM but I need to replicate the issue in a default P3D V4.3 environment with NOTHING added.  So no "conclusions" and finger pointing just yet, but there does appear to be an issue.

Cheers, Rob.

I see what you mean Rob.

Do you own FTX Germany , True Eart NL , AS Frankfurt Pro and FT Schiphol ?  And perhaps an AI Traffic program ( I use Nico’s Life Traffic )

Take off 18 at EDDF and landing at 18C.  

At approach the scenery gets more detailed with Schiphol in front and Amsterdam and its harbour left. That is when my framerate starts to drop and can only be recovered by saving the flight and after restart of P3D loading the saved flight. This is with 3 views ...

But like I wrote before : no issues with V4.2.

It would be a pity if multiple V4.2 addons now would case blurries and or franerate drops...

2 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

I selected France to England because I noticed many users with the blurries problem were flying in that area.

I don't see this often, but I have seen it most recently flying from Anchorage PANC to Lexington KSDF about a six hour session.  I didn't notice until on final approach below 3000 AGL where all autogen was missing.  I had saved the session before TOD and when arriving the second time all was normal.  I have not see that happen since even on longer flights.

Dan Downs KCRP

3 hours ago, GSalden said:

Do you own FTX Germany , True Eart NL , AS Frankfurt Pro and FT Schiphol ?  And perhaps an AI Traffic program ( I use Nico’s Life Traffic )

Of course I do 😉 ... for AI I'm using UTLive with moderate traffic settings 25% Com and 45% GA.  But I would expect very low FPS in that area with so many high density/quality add-ons all being loaded at the same time ... but have you monitored GPU VRAM usage at the time your FPS drops?  Assume you had the issue with or without SLI?

1 hour ago, downscc said:

I don't see this often, but I have seen it most recently flying from Anchorage PANC to Lexington KSDF about a six hour session.

Good to know, so it's not an issue restricted to England.

I'll try to replicate the problem with a default (no add-on) P3D V4.3 installation using the same graphics settings and flight paths and see what happens.

Cheers, Rob.

EDIT: FT EHAM has a patch or 20, not sure I'd use this airport until it's been fully sorted

@Rob Ainscough
note you are crossing LC region right at that spot from 0601 to 0501!

crossover.jpg

blue is your flight path

England.jpg

Edited by Chris Bell

Yeah I know it's the Prime Meridian (0,0,0) ... but I don't think that would stop all AG from loading.  The Prime Meridian certainly introduces some calculation complexities as one approaches zero and pass thru the virtual event horizon, but I don't think that's the source of this issue.

Cheers, Rob.

i think the shift in regions folder on top could be encouraging this in that particular spot,

it seems that sim doesn't consider beyond meridian 0 line as the next tile unless you cross over,
as i mentioned on LM forums regarding this issue; we encountered this when rendering NE UK,
we had to cut our textures on meridian line and render the complete area backward so it stitched back correctly!

in other words you cannot create a regular polygon that starts on one side and circles through that area as drawn above freehand,
you would technically have to go around the other side of the globe if that makes any sense,
this has noting to do with blurries though,

Edited by Chris Bell

11 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Here is the test video I made, description includes add-ons.  Graphics settings 12:04 min mark, Autogen problem starts at 27:34 min mark. 

[...]

Around the 27:42 min mark when I simply bring up the Scenery Library, make NO changes and hit OK, the AG returns.  I have reported to LM but I need to replicate the issue in a default P3D V4.3 environment with NOTHING added. 

Actually this is exactly what we finally agreed to in the now closed thread over at the official LM Forums. Without being disrespectful about the moment the AG loading was hampered on your end: did you really check while flying above 20'000ft? In my case, with autogen draw distance set to "medium", I do not see any autogen while cruising above 25'000ft, means I can also not judge if autogen loading is delayed or not. As soon as I descend under a certain altitude where I SHOULD see the AG, I also instantly realize that the loading is delayed. However, with my current setup (fixed FPS to 36 inside P3D, no nVidia Profile Inspector tweaks anymore, AF to mimick HT off and FFTF forced to the default 0.33) usind autogen draw distance medium, my rig can Keep up and I always have the autogen at my destination.

Remains the issue GSalden was describing elsewhere: the reduced FPS at destination compared to the departure...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Finally did a 40 min flight at 0700 as the heat is too much during the day/evening.

SLI : never had it so smooth .Locked at 25 with 4X SSAA

• Upvote 1