Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Ground textures gets more blurry the further I fly

34 minutes ago, captain420 said:

So this is not a result of the CPU being maxed out. It also happens to OMGEDSON as well.

Yea definitely not, tried all the applicable affinity's tonight, same outcome.

17 hours ago, captain420 said:

But why would my CPU be pegged that high when my settings are'nt high?

In your case Aaron your CPU cores (all of them) being pegged is definitely the cause of the blurries.  What happens to the CPU activity when you pause the sim? 

What I would recommend is you disable all your add-ons (bring up scenery library to do this) and do NOT run anything else in the background like FSTramp and do NOT run anything on your second monitor, in fact, disconnect the 1080p monitor entirely (just for testing purposes).  Close anything that migth be running in task manager, disable Antivirus etc. Show you CPU core activity before starting P3D.

What is that V contrail in your pictures?  Never seen anything like that before?

14 hours ago, OMGEDSON said:

Another test flight, sliders left, first tiles starting to show issue....

Have you tested the I/O performance of the drive(s) that your scenery is located on?  If so,what are the results?

Like I suggested with Aaron, I would disable every add-on except the single specific PR area you want to test.  BTW, who is the PR vendor and area?

Cheers, Rob.

Rob, in scenery library I can't uncheck the addon to disable them, the box are gray. I installed the, using the add-on.xml method. So do I unable them by. moving them out of my Documents/Prepar3D v4 folder?

The photoreal scenery is: https://hawaii-photoreal.com/downloads-fsx-p3d/

I have it enabled, but in my time of testing I am not flying in that area. Should I run the FFTF = 0.10 in my Prepar3D.cfg when having fps locked to 20-30? I also heard that if you want to run with locked frames, then its better to do so in the NVIDIA Inspector and have your sim fps set to unlimited instead. This was old information that I read last year, not sure if it is valid with the latest P3D v4.3 anymore. So much information that I get confused on whether or not I should use it.

The contrail you see is from AI planes, I've also never seen that V-shape before. I'm assuming it's caused because of the lag or stutter I'm facing while flying. Sometimes the sim will pause for 5-15 seconds. I assume this is because of the auto time compression mode I have on while in the PMDG 777. I have it set up to 4x.

I will do further testing like you said and report back. Thanks for everyones help.

Edited by captain420

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

18 hours ago, OMGEDSON said:

i7 7700K at 5.3ghz + HT, 5.4 on days when i'm feeling crazy and flying something heavy out of the san francisco bay area!

Turn off HT, most get better results without affinity mask.  If I used an AM with my old 7700K I would always get exactly the blurries you show us.  I don't use HT or AM with my 8700K either and I'm quite happy with it.  My pFPS tested in a PMDG 77W departing FSDT KLAX with Orbx FTX SCA and LatinVFR KSNA overflying water, city and desert was 32.8 average of a dozen low FPS readings after throwing out the long frames.  I've changed from unlimited to VSync with 30 Hz 4K display and their is an improvement in clarity.  I'm borderline triple buffering, can't decide if it helps or now so I'm leaving it off.

Edited by downscc

Dan Downs KCRP

52 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Rob, in scenery library I can't uncheck the addon to disable them, the box are gray. I installed the, using the add-on.xml method. So do I unable them by. moving them out of my Documents/Prepar3D v4 folder?

Just disable them in the Addons menu option in P3D - no need to move or delete them.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

1 hour ago, Adrian123 said:

Are we confusing Addon Scenery with addon Modules?

An addon that is added with the recommended method of using an add-on.xml, either in the addon documents folder or elsewhere if registered in the add-on.cfg file can be turned on/off as Vic indicated.  It doesn't matter if it is scenery or an airplane.

Dan Downs KCRP

11 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

In your case Aaron your CPU cores (all of them) being pegged is definitely the cause of the blurries.  What happens to the CPU activity when you pause the sim? 

What I would recommend is you disable all your add-ons (bring up scenery library to do this) and do NOT run anything else in the background like FSTramp and do NOT run anything on your second monitor, in fact, disconnect the 1080p monitor entirely (just for testing purposes).  Close anything that migth be running in task manager, disable Antivirus etc. Show you CPU core activity before starting P3D.

What is that V contrail in your pictures?  Never seen anything like that before?

Have you tested the I/O performance of the drive(s) that your scenery is located on?  If so,what are the results?

Like I suggested with Aaron, I would disable every add-on except the single specific PR area you want to test.  BTW, who is the PR vendor and area?

Cheers, Rob.

The flight is from Louisville, KY to Washington DC, so basically FTX Central only, no OpenLC.  Current disk RAID test is as follows:

SYSTEM

sDR3Kgj.png

FLIGHT SIM DRIVE

ZldEACd.png

F2LhkPe.png

Edited by OMGEDSON

45 minutes ago, OMGEDSON said:

You have a funky memory configuration ...have you tried just one of the matching pair in the A or B memory channels?

shut down process lasso completely and test, you will be amazed what it does to the blurry issue.

This is getting really ridiculous. 40 mins of flight and  I am flying over nothing...This sim is becoming completely useless. I am getting really tired of all these never ending tweaking. 

29316971978_556838e33e_b.jpg

28319262547_60e7612b70_b.jpg

• Upvote 1

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

2 minutes ago, kurtb said:

shut down process lasso completely and test, you will be amazed what it does to the blurry issue.

Did that, I am not amazed at all. Sorry. 

• Upvote 1

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

well it sorted my issue, have the same as you, with no tweaks

12 hours ago, vgbaron said:

Just disable them in the Addons menu option in P3D - no need to move or delete them.

Vic

Hi Vic

Do you know if this new option from the control menu inside P3D makes it possible not to restart the sim disabling stuff from the scenery and add-ons ?

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

2 hours ago, FunknNasty said:

You have a funky memory configuration ...have you tried just one of the matching pair in the A or B memory channels?

Funny you mention that, I just pulled 2 and noticed I wasnt set at 3200 in the bios...this whole damn time. It's now set, all 4 @ 3200.

2 sticks

inRoJ2W.png

4 sticks

kI0CiDV.png