Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Ground textures gets more blurry the further I fly

On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 5:01 PM, Rob Ainscough said:

There seems to be some confusion.  My advice, if you can run your Monitor at 30Hz, then use Unlimited with Vsync ON.  If you can NOT run your monitor at 30Hz and 60Hz is the ONLY option, then use Framerate limit = 30 (Vsync On/Off shouldn't matter but I like to always keep Vsync On).

Cheers, Rob.

Solved. But should i use FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION? 0.33 Or 0.66?

I followed some of the collective advice here and no longer get the “ progressive “ blurries. 

1. I internally limited my frames to 30 (also set FFTF to 0.15 to compensate for frame loss).

2. Turned off hi-res ground textures. I don’t see much difference with airliner ops (note I have Texture_size_exp set to 9 which helps for visuals). 

8 minutes ago, deetee said:

2. Turned off hi-res ground textures. I don’t see much difference with airliner ops (note I have Texture_size_exp set to 9 which helps for visuals). 

If you untick "hi-res ground textures" but put texture_size_exp=9 into your config, you basically have the same as ticking "hi-res ground textures" and not adding texture_size_exp=9 into your config. Just that you are aware of this...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

This whole issue is simply a flaw in the outdated engine and in texture loading.

I also get this, the worst when I apply "time x 4". When all textures are "gone" and I press pause, it takes about 2-4 minutes till everything is loaded again and the ground looks good again.

All the tweaks I've ever seen and tried, inculding Process Lasso, AF, FFTF etc. do not help. The only thing that helps is lowering the settings for autogen, LOD etc.

But this is only my experience. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, swiesma said:

I also get this, the worst when I apply "time x 4". When all textures are "gone" and I press pause, it takes about 2-4 minutes till everything is loaded again and the ground looks good again.

Todays computers still struggle (when the settings are to high...) with 1x time compression, so why should it be surprising that you get blurries with 4x time compression?

Anyway, instead of waiting 2-4 minutes, simply go to options, change the time one second and back and let the sim reload everything. Should waste far less than 2-4 minutes. Or simply assign a button to the function "reload scenery" as others mentioned already elsewhere.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

3 hours ago, skysurfer said:

I am getting really tired of all these never ending tweaking.

Then get Aerofly FS 2. 😎 Sorry, couldn't resist. But seriously: the thing is that there will always be tweaks and/or compromises when it comes to performance in P3D. And I'm not only talking about performance as in fps but also about slow loading of textures and so on. Its just how it is. Imho P3D is one big compromise. So get used to it, accept that it isn't perfect and enjoy your flights as much as possible or consider looking elsewhere! It all depends on what is important to you! Just know that there isn't a perfect sim, at least not in ALL regards. I am using Aerofly FS 2 right now because performance and good looks are important to me right now and I only like (and have time) to do flights from runway to runway (no cold and dark at this moment) so AFS2 fits the bill PERFECTLY, but whenever I want to dive into the Q400 FMS again, I'll be back to P3D. It's good and great to have options: use them! 😉

Edited by Guest

what is worrying this never happened in 4.2, same pc same specs same settings, fresh install, but why in 4.3??????

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AnkH said:

Todays computers still struggle (when the settings are to high...) with 1x time compression, so why should it be surprising that you get blurries with 4x time compression?

Anyway, instead of waiting 2-4 minutes, simply go to options, change the time one second and back and let the sim reload everything. Should waste far less than 2-4 minutes. Or simply assign a button to the function "reload scenery" as others mentioned already elsewhere.

I know all these tricks 😉

And I never said I was surprised. But you can see the effect the best when activating time compression. Like I said, it's simply a flaw in the old "FSX" engine.

Edited by swiesma

5 hours ago, AnkH said:

rofl

Unlike Rob's video, I'm not flying a box van full of rubber chickens from Tijuana to Chico.

And no stupid crap, like:

30 hz

v sync

triple buffer

fps lock

smart: phones, toasters, thermostats and refrigerators

Alexia's

USB keyboards and mouses

Nope. just Lockheed's P3D at the speed of sound x4. ....I damn near put her through hanger two at Google Federal Airport.

32 minutes ago, FunknNasty said:

rofl

Unlike Rob's video,I'm not flying a box van full of rubber chickens from Tijuana to Chico.

And no stupid crap, like:

30 hz

v sync

triple buffer

fps lock

smart: phones, toasters, thermostats and refrigerators

Alexia's

USB keyboards and mouses

Nope. just Lockheed's P3D at the speed of sound x4. ....I damn near put her through hanger two at Google Federal Airport.

Could you be a bit more precise on what you try telling us?

You're flying around the same area in circles in 4x.... Impressive 😉

Does it prove anything regarding autogen loading / texture blurries? Nope.

Edited by swiesma
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, swiesma said:

Could you be a bit more precise on what you try telling us?

😉

Sorry man ...I don't do precision landings. :-)

8 hours ago, mobiel said:

But should i use FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION? 0.33 Or 0.66?

Default is 0.33 ... if you move to 0.66 that reduces your FPS but will spend more CPU time loading terrain tiles.  If it's working well for you now (no blurries) and acceptable FPS, leave them alone.

8 hours ago, deetee said:

Turned off hi-res ground textures. I don’t see much difference with airliner ops (note I have Texture_size_exp set to 9 which helps for visuals). 

If you unchecked "Hi-Res ground textures" then you do NOT want to use TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=9 (or 10).  Only use TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP if you have "Hi Res ground textures" checked.  Keep in mind that TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP is not officially supported and will not be found in any of LM's documentation.

Cheers, Rob.

12 hours ago, OMGEDSON said:

Current disk RAID test is as follows:

Based on your test results of your FS drive, I think your problem is the 3.2MB/s 4K read/write scores.  I would recommend NOT using a RAID setup and go with straight SSD to SATA or M.2 if available.  I'd start there.

Cheers, Rob

EDIT: Are you setting disk cluster sizes to default value (usually 4K) ... looks like you might have changed the cluster size?

7 hours ago, AnkH said:

Or simply assign a button to the function "reload scenery" as others mentioned already elsewhere.

I did that and it does not help me. And I do not use time compression. 

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

7 hours ago, J van E said:

Then get Aerofly FS 2. 😎 Sorry, couldn't resist. 

I was actually thinking about. As far as I know they do not cover the whole world, only same part of it. I am need to do some research. 

I know there will always be some tweaking but this one is hard to deal with. I understand low fps but when you fly over washed out textures is killing all desire to fly. Thanks 

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”