Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Ground textures gets more blurry the further I fly

5 hours ago, d.tsakiris said:

Settings too high, especially unlimited FPS, leads to blurries, because the engine won't have enough time for loading the scenery, as it is emphazing rendering the scenery. Try limiting (if not already) FPS internally, then reducing settings. Oh, using time compression or a very fast plane will of course multiply those problems.

My settings are very fair I would say, but I am running unlimited frames. I will try to lower that and see how it goes. Thanks for the suggestions.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

19 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

Thanks but how do you do it? 

Open the Control UI, scroll down to Refresh Scenery (or Textures... I'm not sure exactly what term they use) and assign a key to it.  I don't under stand your question, you assign the key command like any other key command.

• Like 1

Dan Downs KCRP

4 hours ago, captain420 said:

but I am running unlimited frames

Are operating your monitor at 30HZ with Vsync enabled?  That’s the only scenario I’d recommend for “Unlimited”.

time compression will stress the terrain tile loading system... if the terrain system gets too far behind it will not recover unless you stop and trigger a scenery reload.  In addition the faster the aircraft the more load on terrain loading.

photoreal (PR) will also add considerably more load to the terrain system where there simply isn’t enough time to load GB worth of PR data in 16ms (60hz) or 33ms (30HZ).

if this is how you like to use P3D, then I’d recommend using frame rate limiter 30 or 20 FPS, and increase your FF set from 0.33 to 0.66 (0.66) will reduce FPS, but if you have it limited to 20-30 you may not notice it.

start with low graphics setting and increase slowly making sure you don’t drop below your FPS cap and your terrain remains sharp.

since you have an 8GB 1080 I’d recommend using TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=9 and the max on scenery complexity and the play with other graphics setting until you find the balance with your time compression setting.

Cheers, Rob

9 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Are operating your monitor at 30HZ with Vsync enabled?  That’s the only scenario I’d recommend for “Unlimited”.

I have a Sony 4K TV running at 60Hz, thats what it shows in NVIDIA Control Panel. And these are my P3D Settings:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

23 hours ago, Shomron said:

I found that un-ticking use high resolution ground textures in the display settings cured this for me. I am guessing my GTX 970 could not handle the load. I would experiment with this option off however unfortunately it comes with the price of lower resolution textures far off into the distance....

Thank you Sir for this tip, that has made my sim butter smooth, I have been getting blurry textures (incomplete rendering) on approach and will properly test  next flight I do, but already there's much less popping of textures and so smooooth lol.

3 hours ago, downscc said:

Open the Control UI, scroll down to Refresh Scenery (or Textures... I'm not sure exactly what term they use) and assign a key to it.  I don't under stand your question, you assign the key command like any other key command.

I can confirm that. I just assigned a key button and it works.

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 3:48 PM, Shomron said:

I found that un-ticking use high resolution ground textures in the display settings cured this for me.

Hello

Are you talking about P3D settings - Graphics - Display? I don't see "high resolution ground textures" box that I can un-tick.

Thanks  

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

2 hours ago, captain420 said:

I have a Sony 4K TV running at 60Hz

I'm uploading a quick video with graphics settings that I hope might help you out with "the blurries".  Unfortunately there are many other factors that can cause "the blurries" but I'll tackle the "known".  The red flags I saw in your graphics settings is 60Hz, Unlimited, Vsync OFF ... that is a very bad combination as it will overload your CPU and hence the terrain loading system will get bogged down (aka the blurries).  Since you operate your monitor at 60Hz, then set frame rate to 30, Vsync On.  Your GPU (1080 with 8GB) should be able to handle Scenery Complexity = Max, Use High Resolution Terrain = Checked, Prepar3D.cfg TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=9.  Drop 8XMSAA down to 4XMSAA, especially for your 4K resolution.

See my video below as it demonstrates no blurries even with time compression 2X and 4X on a 8700K mild overclock and 1080Ti GPU. My video settings are at the 9:15 min mark (see video description and click on 9:15 and it will take you direct to graphics settings).

Cheers, Rob.

Rob, thank you for posting that video, very useful information. I will try your suggestions. 🙂

I can confirm also seeing the same after updating to 4.3.  Pretty much 30-40m into a flight things start getting blurry to the point where one would have a hard time even making out a huge lake. 5.3ghz / 1080ti. No issue in 4.2 and very modest settings. Plane is sharp, frames are high, but the ground is absolute mush. 

I tried @Rob Ainscough's suggestion of moving slider to Extremely Dense, didn't solve it, tried kicking down texture_exp to 8, no dice. I've chased this for 2 days now and it's driving me crazy!

Tried terrain.cfg fresh, prepar3d.cfg fresh, cleared shaders, etc

Edited by OMGEDSON

Actually the most important part of my suggestion for those running 60Hz monitor refresh is to set frame limit = 30 not unlimited.

cheers Rob

I had a very similar experience since installing p3v 4.3 on fresh windows 10 fresh p3d installation. I cleaned everything and start from zero.

My system i7 6700k @4.6hz (overclocked with HT OFF) GTX970 running on a 4k LG TV. 

I had followed Rob advice and turn down the TV refresh rate from 60hz to 30hz (via Nvidia Control Panel) and set P3D to Vsync ON Triple buffering On and set FPS limited to 33 (not exactly 30 but 33) still my FPS are locked at 30 because the vsync and tv refresh rates is matched at 30.

This has been the best experience for me, smooth and also my GPU load around 40% with clear sky and 100% with overcast. Important also to mention that I run on 2XMSAA.

BUUUUUT, after reinstalling everything again and doing my first flight without any add-ons on the F22 I was having blurries on distance, I spend like 4 days unistalling and installing again, trying to understand what was wrong.

Last night I change the UseGlobalTerrainView from false to TRUE and finally everything went back to normal.

I don't have any other tweak in my system and it runs perfectly fine again.

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

1 hour ago, ttbq1 said:

BUUUUUT, after reinstalling everything again and doing my first flight without any add-ons on the F22 I was having blurries on distance, I spend like 4 days unistalling and installing again, trying to understand what was wrong.

Last night I change the UseGlobalTerrainView from false to TRUE and finally everything went back to normal.

Do you still run your monitor @ 30Hz with NV CP Triple Buffering

1 hour ago, ttbq1 said:

Last night I change the UseGlobalTerrainView from false to TRUE

What does this do?  

3 hours ago, ErichB said:

Do you still run your monitor @ 30Hz with NV CP Triple Buffering

What does this do?  

Yes, I have keep it like that, it gives me the best smoothness I have ever experienced in flight sim.

I have a questions: I also have a 1080p monitor but it is 60hz refresh rate and nvidia doesn't give me the option to run it at 30hz. Does anybody know how to do it? 

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU