Sign in to follow this  
Guest PK88NW

Best Airlines in the World

Skytrax, the London based consultancy company has released results of its survey over thousands of passengers on the best airlines in the world. You can read CNN's report of it here: http://www.cnn.com/money/2005/06/02/pf/goo...dex.htm?cnn=yesIn the article there is a link to the results. I have flown in many of those airlines in my business travels, and I can attest to the quality of Cathay Pacific, ANA, Malaysia Air, Singapore Air, Quantas and Emirates. Edited to remove brain dead statement.

Best Low-Cost.....WorldwideJetBlue, United StatesAir Berlin, GermanyVirgin Blue, AustraliaNorth AmericaJetBlue, United StatesWestJet, CanadaFrontier, United StatesEuropeAir Berlin, GermanyVueling, Spaineasyjet, United KingdomJetBlue wins it here. Also like the article mentions its tough with the Hub & Spoke cattle system we have here in the states. Service on short flights amounts to sit down, and we're there. :-)aopa.gif" border="0" alt="Grab My FREEWARE Voice recognition Profiles here:[a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004misc&DLID=58334]Cessna 172 Voice Profile[/a][a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004misc&DLID=60740]FSD Avanti Voice Profile[/a].You will need the main FREEWARE Flight Assistant program to use it, get it here:[a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=genutils&DLID=39661]Flight Assistant 2.2[/a]

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

Guest Paul Heaney

Don't forget that Air Canada, won best By Region for North America, pushing JetBlue into Second. :)

Which is why I confined my comment to Best in LOW COST Category. ;-)aopa.gif" border="0" alt="Grab My FREEWARE Voice recognition Profiles here:[a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004misc&DLID=58334]Cessna 172 Voice Profile[/a][a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004misc&DLID=60740]FSD Avanti Voice Profile[/a].You will need the main FREEWARE Flight Assistant program to use it, get it here:[a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=genutils&DLID=39661]Flight Assistant 2.2[/a]

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

G'day Tom,Please; Queensland And Northern Territory Aerial Service ( QANTAS )If you trace back to the roots of many of the top ten airlines you can find many common factors. I have worked for two or three of them (in engineering) and can attest that the basic underlying maintenance philosophies are much the same.Thai Airways #7 : you must be a psychic :-lolJust as a matter of interest I was reading an article in a magazine that was extolling the fact that America has just passed three years without a fatal airline crash.In Australia we have recently had our first fatal RPT aircraft crash for 36 years when a Metro crashed into a hillside up at Cairns killing all 15 onboard. Initial reports have it as pilot error as he was alledgedly flying 1000 ft below minimums.Yet Australia's GA safety record is abysmal. !! Figure that one out.Cheers,Roger

I've flown WestJet last summer to Puerto Vallarta, on a special (charter?) flight and was very satisfied except for the lack of a hot meal. We just got a cold deli sandwich, small desert and cheese and crackers. Not terribly impressive for a 5h15m flight. But the staff was very friendly and the 737-700 was a pleasure to ride, especially since it was my first 737 ever that I was on!John

I don't know about Singapore. When we moved from Cairo, they said my mom could bring her Siamese cat in the upper deck. When we got to the airport they said she would have to go in a cage down below. It was another typical Cairo day of 100* F heat. We prayed the plane would depart without any delay so the cool atmosphere could keep her cool.However, if I recall correctly, they did let my mom deplane to visit the cat and give her water in Bombay.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

Guest jahamilton

Interesting.As the article states a lot of this has to do with culture.The top airlines come from cultures where service and attentionis of predominant importance, particularily concerning the malespecies.Even on short-hauls; JAL for example from Narita to Osaka in aB747, provide superb service.Surprised to see BA up there as I find their service is very crewdependent. It's your lucky day or it isn't.I would have thought that Lufthansa or Air France would be up there.As far as the USA is concerned. Prior to deregulation it was apleasure to fly a US carrier. Innovative marketing such as Mimosabreakfasts and so on. Thereafter; well we know the story.........Regards, JAH - Los Angeles.

I have flown both Lufthansa and AF multiple times since the first of the year, and I can attest to the fact that neither belong on the list. The only feature of Lufthansa that would keep me coming back is their WIFI access to the Internet. Otherwise, I would not bother.

>Yet Australia's GA safety record is abysmal. !! Figure that>one out.>>Survival of the fittest?

I can attest to CX, SQ and EK as they all provide excellent service in economy and business class. However, all airlines tend to vary on the type of aircraft they are flying. For eg. the TG B777s are newer and have a nice interior, while their A333s are older and very ordinary from the inside (don't even mention their A306s, very disappointing interiors). That is why I am prefer to travel CX or SQ in the Asian region. Saying that service is service and in Asis as someone mentioned above the culture plays a big role in ensuring it is not crew dependent.BTW, where was VS? I thought they were considered one of the best.RegardsShez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

I haven't flown Qantas recently, but I'd agree with the other top four.

Guest Sunny9850

Well I have flown Lufthansa around the world more times than I care to remember and if for nothing else their maintenance and crew training I would always make them one of my personal top 10.I have also had quite a few flights on Quantas and Cathay...and would agree that they have their right to be up on the list.The last time I had to endure the services of Delta on a long flight hopping the pond i was torn between being scared of their antique of an airplane or being mad about the dismal service by the very unusually rude crew. And of course they had managed to "misplace" my luggage as usual.This is just to show that two people can have totally opposed opinions and I believe neither one of is "wrong"

Hi Sunny,Interesting what you say about Delta for overseas service. I have flown Delta only for local flights to the USA from my home in Canada and have been happy. Haven't encountered rude crews yet - in fact - they have been very polite.But I wouldn't even think about flying Delta for flights to Europe or Pacific. It's good to know that they lose luggage in overseas flights so I definitely won't take them after reading your post. I have flown only KLM and Sabena (in the 80's and 90's) for Europe flights so my experience is limited.John