Sign in to follow this  
Guest PK88NW

Best Airlines in the World

HI Tom,Just curious what makes you say you don't like Lufthansa, compared to, say Qantas or Singapore or Cathay. Is it their service, food, luggage lost ??? I was considering maybe taking Lufthansa for a direct flight to Germany in the future and wanted to know if I should be weary of them for any particular reason.John

I have flown Lufthansa 7 or 8 times in the last 12 months. Frankfurt and return from Cairo, Istanbul, Washington D.C., Tunis, and a variety of internal German flights, etc. My biggest complaint with Lufthansa is the equipment. I fly almost all legs in Business Class, and Lufthansa's BC has been pretty bad. Having said that, my recent trip to Istanbul included the new BC seats by Ricaro (sp?) and they were pretty good. The only thing going for Lufthansa at the moment, in terms of attracting me to fly them, is WIFI internet access. I would put up with a lot to have that on long haul flights, and will select Lufthansa when I can now, because of it.

John, take it from someone who travels professionally, 99% of which is international. ALL airlines loose baggage. The degree to which a particular airline will be afflicted with this is dependent upon your karmetic state, the phase of the moon, the weather, and many variables they have no control over. I once took a flight from Boston to Houston direct. No connections, nada. The bags weren't late; they were lost, gone, disappeared. Never to be found again. TWA at the time paid me some $1,500 for the content of that bag. Delta is no better or worse than UAL, JAL, ANA, NWA, whoever.

Hi Tom,I never said all airlines don't lose baggage. I'm more concerned with the frequency with which certain airlines lose baggage. If some lose baggage much more often than others, than as a travelers, this should be considered. I don't know if Delta falls into the lose baggage often category but it would be good to know if there are statistics on how often airlines lose or delay baggage.John

Guest PK88NW

I am shocked :-hmmm about Northwest/KLM's NEW World Business Class did not make the best business class product. The business class seats even have lumbar support and much privacy. I still dont see how BA and SAA's BC product beat the NW/KLM prouct. :-madCongrats to Continental for at least giving one point to the North America Sky Team