Sign in to follow this  
Bandeirante

p3d v4 content install error

Hello all

I recently installed just the 4.3 client and things went smooth.  I flew around a bit with the new client installed and it ran great.  A day or so later, I decided to download the 4.3 content file mainly to check out the C 130.  I downloaded the three files (cont1, cont2, and the content installer) with a download manager and all seemed well.  The three files are located in the same folder.  I uninstalled the previous content file.  Shortly after running the new content installer, I got a message "Source file not found. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it".  I initially went to the LM forums to see if anyone else had the same problem.  I found a topic but their issue was when they were downloading and not installing.  The solution for them was to re download with a download manager.  I went ahead and tried this anyway 3 different times and each time I do not have any problems downloading but only when i run the installer.  I made sure that I didn't have my firewall or antivirus running during the download or installation.  Any advice is appreciated

Thanks

Paul

I learned the "hard way" too.   However, here's what I do and I believe it's correct:

When you downloaded 4.3, you get a zipped file like WinZip or something else.  You unzip that and then move the contents to a SEPARATE folder (I create a new folder on my desktop called P3d 4.3).  In those contents you have 3 executable icons.  All you have to do is click on the Client icon for the new Client, then click on the Content icon for the new Content, and the Scenery icon for the new Scenery.  

Of course you should do each one separately after uninstalling each in Control Panel.  

The secret is to only click on the exe Icon in each category AFTER putting the unzipped program in a separate folder.

If someone does it differently, then I would look forward to hearing from them.

This works great for me.

Stan

Edited by spilok