Sign in to follow this  
adman2722

P3D V4 Launches at Startup

Hey guys, 

Just installed p3d v4 and it launches every time I startup the computer. msconfig doesn't show it as a startup item. Any Ideas?

Thanks,

Adam

37 minutes ago, adman2722 said:

Hey guys, 

Just installed p3d v4 and it launches every time I startup the computer. msconfig doesn't show it as a startup item. Any Ideas?

Thanks,

Adam

same here... I happens since the installation of the FSL 320... 

Welcome to the club guys! If someone can explain the reason why, my ears are full open🤣

Cheers

Pat

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

If you are on Windows 10 that is "normal". Windows 10 will automatically launch apps which were running / not fully closed at the time of the last shut down. The P3D process needs some time to fully close after you exit the sim (you can witness this in the W10 Task Manager - Processes). To make sure the P3D process is fully closed you have to wait ~20 seconds after exiting the sim and then you can shut down Windows.

9 minutes ago, hschuit said:

If you are on Windows 10 that is "normal". Windows 10 will automatically launch apps which were running / not fully closed at the time of the last shut down. The P3D process needs some time to fully close after you exit the sim (you can witness this in the W10 Task Manager - Processes). To make sure the P3D process is fully closed you have to wait ~20 seconds after exiting the sim and then you can shut down Windows.

Awful feature. Can be turned off under power options, "Choose what the power buttons do" and then "change settings that are currently unavailable", then untick "Turn on fast start-up".

Edited by Sethos1988
  • Like 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Because - most likely - when you close P3D you do not wait until it is totally closed before you shut down your PC. Whenever P3D is closed, it takes more than what you actually see on the screen (vanishing from the screen) to totally shut down, you have to wait one minute or so to stop your PC. To illustrate that, try to click on the P3D icon after P3D has gone off from sight, it will tell you that another instance of the software already runs. 

The next time you boot your PC, P3D won't start without you making that command.

In addition to the above good advise also make sure add ons like weather programs like Active sky and others that are running behind P3D are completely closed. Another case of MS helping too much.

Edit chase plane and ASCA can also be slow to finish.

Edited by shivers9

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/