Sign in to follow this  
HeLord

UTL and ORBX problem

Hi! 

I just purchased Ultimate Traffic Live and got it up and running easily.

I have one problem. All UTL AI planes are few feet below terrain. My own plane is on normal elevation.

All default airports are working fine with UTL.

I asked for help from both companies support forums, but did not get solution yet.

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks!

Edited by HeLord
typo

7700K, RTX 2070S, 16 GB RAM, WQHD monitor

Do you have ORBX FTX Global Vector installed?

If so, you might run your control panel and run the airport elevation corretions tool. Might fix your problem. Fingers crossed...

103ek5s.jpg

Good luck!

Bruce L.

Bruce Leehan

Thanks for the reply!

I tried it, but unfortunately it didn't solve the problem.

UTL has nothing to do with elevation. That is controlled by the sim/other add-ons. I don't use ORBX and don't have any elevation problems. Planes display as they should. It will be interesting to see what ORBX says. You might want to do a search in this forum, if I remember correctly, some others with ORBX have this issue also.

Best of luck!

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

4 hours ago, Bruce Leehan said:

Do you have ORBX FTX Global Vector installed?

If so, you might run your control panel and run the airport elevation corretions tool. Might fix your problem. Fingers crossed...

103ek5s.jpg

Good luck!

Bruce L.

With V4, this method only works for addons that use the scenery.cfg.  It does not scan airports using the addon.xml method.  Which airports are you seeing this issue?

• Like 1

Alan

8 hours ago, pgde said:

UTL has nothing to do with elevation. That is controlled by the sim/other add-ons. I don't use ORBX and don't have any elevation problems. Planes display as they should. It will be interesting to see what ORBX says. You might want to do a search in this forum, if I remember correctly, some others with ORBX have this issue also.

Best of luck!

ORBX Support said to look for conflicting files, but UTL is not adding any files. And my own aircraft is on normal elevation, only AI aircraft is affected.

8 hours ago, exeodus said:

With V4, this method only works for addons that use the scenery.cfg.  It does not scan airports using the addon.xml method.  Which airports are you seeing this issue?

ORBX ESSA for example. 

8 hours ago, Bills511 said:

Mesh? ORBX recommends 5m.

Mesh is set to 5m.

Hi,

I suggest you try looking under the ‘AEC IS DISABLED FOR:” column in the VECTOR configuration tool. If you find ESSA then you should be able to Enable the corrections manually. Just remember to Apply before exiting the tool. I experienced this issue some time ago with their Monument Valley scenery (static a/c were suspended in the air) and that did the trick. Doesn’t work for everything, however - I have persistent lights high above the runway at KABQ which was sunk in a deep trench before the elevation corrections were applied.

Mike

Edit: Have you installed PILOT’S FS Global Ultimate - NG mesh? If so, then it might be worth trying their ‘AM2’ elevation correction tool which is available free to owners of their product.

9 hours ago, Cruachan said:

Hi,

I suggest you try looking under the ‘AEC IS DISABLED FOR:” column in the VECTOR configuration tool. If you find ESSA then you should be able to Enable the corrections manually. Just remember to Apply before exiting the tool. I experienced this issue some time ago with their Monument Valley scenery (static a/c were suspended in the air) and that did the trick. Doesn’t work for everything, however - I have persistent lights high above the runway at KABQ which was sunk in a deep trench before the elevation corrections were applied.

Mike

Edit: Have you installed PILOT’S FS Global Ultimate - NG mesh? If so, then it might be worth trying their ‘AM2’ elevation correction tool which is available free to owners of their product.

I could not find ESSA in the VECTOR configurator tool.

I don't have Global Ultimate.

Thanks for help! 

I have no idea what try next and Flight1's support wasn't too keen to help so I'll ask for refund.

OK, got it working. I verified the ORBX Vector files and after that it was fine. 

12 hours ago, HeLord said:

OK, got it working. I verified the ORBX Vector files and after that it was fine. 

Glad you found a solution. However, I’m not clear what you mean exactly by ‘verified the ORBX Vector files’. Could you clarify this for us, please, as it might prove to be useful knowledge in the future.

Edit: I know opening FTX Central for 10 - 15 seconds somehow checks and verifies the Orbx files. How it does this in such a short space of time remains a mystery to me. Perhaps it validates checksums, but then this wouldn’t fix anything, just throw up errors/mismatches if such exist.

Regards,

Mike

On 7/2/2018 at 10:42 AM, Cruachan said:

Glad you found a solution. However, I’m not clear what you mean exactly by ‘verified the ORBX Vector files’. Could you clarify this for us, please, as it might prove to be useful knowledge in the future.

Edit: I know opening FTX Central for 10 - 15 seconds somehow checks and verifies the Orbx files. How it does this in such a short space of time remains a mystery to me. Perhaps it validates checksums, but then this wouldn’t fix anything, just throw up errors/mismatches if such exist.

Regards,

Mike

When you select Vector from FTX Central, there is an option "Verify files". It will check file integrity. I let it run and after that it was fine.

Hi HeLord,

Ah, now it’s becoming clearer. I believe you must have joined the Fastlane over at ORBX and update to FTX Central 3. I see it has a ‘Verify Files’ function. I’m still on FTX Central 2.

However, perhaps you should note the following quote from a post made by Doug Sawatzky (Moderator) on the FTX Central 3. Support forum a few days ago:

”.....unfortunately there is a problem with FTXC3 that it causing this and the "Verify Files" function is broken....so the best way to verify files at this time is to go to your ORBX\User Documents\Versions folder and delete the corresponding .txt file and reinstall it from FTXC3, at which point it will only download and install any missing or damaged files.”

The method he describes is the one I have used on occasions and, indeed, employed yesterday to resolve some OpenLC texture issues.

An update to FTX Central 3 is to be made available soon.

Regards,

Mike

Thanks for pointing this out, Mike!

I will use this method just in case.

Actually I'm on FTX Central 3 (don't know why I thought it was 2), but all the above still applies.

Mike