Sign in to follow this  
ideoplastic

Feedback from networked users

Since upgrading to P3dv4.3 I have not been able to use any software that resides on the remote PC, such as ActiveSkyP3D4 (updated to v4.3), etc. The error message is that the sim on client cannot be found. Sems to me that Simconnect is not working on remote in this new version, but wanted to check with networked users if they have had similar issues before I post on the P3D forums. Feedback appreciated.

Other issues encountered have been:

P3D hangs during start up and on various ocassions and having to use Delete Generated Files.

Extremely slow loading of sceneries sometimes taking up to 4 minutes.

regards

35 minutes ago, ideoplastic said:

Since upgrading to P3dv4.3 I have not been able to use any software that resides on the remote PC, such as ActiveSkyP3D4 (updated to v4.3), etc. The error message is that the sim on client cannot be found. Sems to me that Simconnect is not working on remote in this new version, but wanted to check with networked users if they have had similar issues before I post on the P3D forums. Feedback appreciated.

Other issues encountered have been:

P3D hangs during start up and on various ocassions and having to use Delete Generated Files.

Extremely slow loading of sceneries sometimes taking up to 4 minutes.

regards

Your network problem may be causing the other two problems. Ity may be using too many resources trying over and over to connect. Also have a look at your permissions and make sure something did not change them. I had to try a couple of times to get the AS simconnect to update after loading V4.3 of the sim.

Note: not networked but advise still holds. Computer still complained about the AS simconnect utility not updating.

Edited by shivers9

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Working fine here, but upgrading the latest release version of windows 10 seems to reset my network permissions.

Are you sure your network is all setup, ie you can navigate through to each client PC

Work fine, i run AS P3Dv4 simbrief PFPX navigraph shortcut to p3d folder on remote win10 Pc and 2 anderoid Tabs, remote cdu and navigraph maps.

Edited by westman

Both ASP4 and WideClient work fine here across the LAN with P3D v4.3 without any changes to the configurations of either host or remote machines.

Make sure you install the new SDK that accompanies P3D v4.3, and you should also re-run the ASConnect_P3Dv4_Install.exe program on your host machine after installing the new P3D client and updating ASP4 to version 6753 or later.  For FSUIPC/WideClient configs, you'll also need to make sure you're on FSUIPC 5.132 or later.

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Omg what is with win 10 and what they doing to networked systems.  Every update I am losing more functionality in network it seems.  First home group is gone..   Spent hours last update to reestablish connections. had to get in car drive to lake to get away from it.

will it ever end

rant over 

steve

It appears that the problem was caused by the removal of my simconnect.xml when upgrading to P3Dv4.3 - All restored and simconnect now works on networked set-up.

best to all.

Joaquin,

Where  the simconnect.xml should reside in P3D4, I mean in which folder?

Thanks 

Edmundo Azevedo

if your having network problems after 1803 windows 10 update which gorfed my connections  disable ivp6 protocol on your network adapter   after looking at a lot of webpages that's what fixed it for me and editing my hosts file