Sign in to follow this  
RKillins

New User - Saitek PTT Button Using Linda

I am new to Linda, and using what resources I can find to self teach myself the intricacies of this application. Right now, I am at a point of simply assigning FSX default aircraft commands to my Saitek Yoke and Throttle controls (using the MS FSX Default aircrafts module that came with LINDA).

I am trying to find how to assign a PTT button. On press it would be to initiate broadcast, and on release that same button would disconnect.

Is anyone able to provide me some direction?

RM Killins

Welcome to LINDA. Normally the PTT for use with VATSIM is set within the Comms app (eg. vPilot) and not LINDA. 

To use LINDA to reproduce a PTT-type response you need to write a function that performs the PTT action. This function is assigned then this to the OnPress and OnRepeat operations. This will keep the PTT pressed as long as the assigned button is held depressed. When the button is released the function will no longer be called. Should you require something to happen when the button is released you will need another function to preform this action and assign it to the OnRelease operation for that button.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Hello Rkillins,

I'm using this app for many years, and it's very easy to use: joytokey recommended

I hope it helps you.

Regards.

Pablo Chiabrera