Sign in to follow this  
Cruachan

How to Uninstall MyTraffic Pro 6a?

Hi,

I'm toying with the idea of giving UTL a shot. First, I need to work out how best to uninstall MyTraffic Pro 6.0a.

MyTraffic Pro 6a was installed using Poppet's meticulous instructions employing the add-on.xml method. Should I just work back through her detailed guide after running the uninstaller from Windows 7 'Programs and Features'?

Perhaps there's an easier/quicker way, although I suspect not.

Regards,

Mike

No need to uninstall it, just move the folder from the Prepar3D V4 Addons folder.  That will keep it from loading when you start the sim, and if you decide to go back to it you simply but the folder back in the directory.  I created a folder in the addons folder called Disabled, and I moved anything to there that I want to keep from loading into the sim without having to uninstall it.

Edited by exeodus
  • Upvote 1

Alan

1 hour ago, exeodus said:

No need to uninstall it, just move the folder from the Prepar3D V4 Addons folder.  That will keep it from loading when you start the sim, and if you decide to go back to it you simply but the folder back in the directory.  I created a folder in the addons folder called Disabled, and I moved anything to there that I want to keep from loading into the sim without having to uninstall it.

Hi Alan,

Good idea, thanks!

However, I keep reading favourable reviews about UTL so it’s seems very likely I will be deciding to purchase. That being so it would be helpful to have the correct uninstall procedure confirmed for MTPro 6.0a in the event I move to use the other product.

Regards,

Mike

Delete the MyTrafficX folder.

Delete the addon.xml related to MyTrafficX if there is one in the MyDocuments\P3DV4 Addons.  If not, delete the entry in the scenery.cfg.

Delete the MyTraffic entry in C:\Program Data\Lockheed Martin\simobjects.cfg.

Install UTLive.

• Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks Jim, I appreciate your help with this.

Regards,

Mike

56 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

Delete the MyTrafficX folder.

Delete the addon.xml related to MyTrafficX if there is one in the MyDocuments\P3DV4 Addons.  If not, delete the entry in the scenery.cfg.

Delete the MyTraffic entry in C:\Program Data\Lockheed Martin\simobjects.cfg.

Install UTLive.

Hi Jim,

Sorry to trouble you again, but I’ve just noticed your instructions are referring to ‘MyTraffic X’. Does the same advice apply to MyTraffic Pro 6.0a?

Regards,

Mike

Hi,

do you want to disable or to remove it?

To get it out of your sim, just disable it in the Options->Add-Ons dialog of P3D.

To uninstall it, delete the add-on.xml, then uninstall the product with Windows control panel.

Best regards

• Upvote 2

LORBY-SI

Hi Oliver,

Thank you, that should cater nicely for my needs. I see now, somewhat belatedly, that I may have been creating a mountain out of a molehill and should have worked this out for myself. It’s not really that difficult after all. I just wanted to be sure that there would be no conflicts and that all residual remnants of the product were removed should I decide to go down the uninstall route. However, I do see the attraction of simply disabling it in the first instance while trying out UTL.

Many thanks everyone for your helpful contributions. It’s much appreciated.

Cheers!

Mike

9 hours ago, Cruachan said:

Does the same advice apply to MyTraffic Pro 6.0a?

They are the same.  My directory shows: 

C:\MyTraffic Professional

MyTraffic

Here is what it states on page 16 of the MyTrafficX manual: 

"Uninstalling"

"Unistalling [sic] complex addons to FSX is tricky.  Please stick to the following instructions for a safe way to uninstall MyTraffic and all of its components."

"a) Start all flight simulators that you have installed, and remove MyTraffic as scenery, this is very important you do so at this step."

"b) Remove the MyTraffic entry from the config files.  This is not mandatory, but recommended unless you plan to install MyTraffic shortly afterwards."

"b) [sic] Now you can delete the MyTraffic folder, and delete the start menu entries."

"If some files and folders remain after this process, this is normal and it is safe to delete the complete MyTraffic folder manually."

When I installed MyTraffic Professional 6.0a, it was for FSX and I did not get an entry in the Add/Remove Program (or it went away after reinstalling FSX after upgrading to Windows 10).  So my explanation earlier follows this guidance.  Of course, if you have an entry in the Add/Remove Programs, then by all means use that to uninstall the product.  It would be a nice sunny day if things were as simple as going into the Add/Remove Programs and uninstalling the product there where it would also remove all of the manual entries you had to make to make the product work!! 

When I installed P3Dv1 thru v3, I simply followed the manual installation instructions on the developer's website because they said it was compatible with these versions (but not V4).  There were some major installation changes because of a change in the SDK for P3D.  Instead of placing an entry in the p3d.cfg under the Main section such as was the case for FSX and P3Dv1 thru V3:

SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes
SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats
SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals
SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc
SimObjectPaths.6=C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft

you placed the entry in your P3Dv4 simobjects.cfg which is located in the same folder as your scenery.cfg.  This is why I suggested you open up this folder and remove this entry.  It probably won't hurt anything to allow it to remain in this folder but no reason to have it in there anymore.

MyTraffic developer did not know anything about addon.xml's for P3DV4 (well, he might have as you could have used addon.xml's in earlier versions of P3D too but no one knew about that).  After P3Dv3, the addon.xml would have been created by Oliver's excellent Addon Organizer if you had moved MyTrafficX from your P3D scenery.cfg to his organizer.  Otherwise, it would have remained in the P3D scenery.cfg.

I hope this helps clarify the uninstalling of MyTrafficX 6a.

Best regards,

Jim

Uninstalling
g compl

Uninstalling
Unistalli

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Phew! Once again, my thanks Jim for taking the trouble to post the above. That’s certainly a huge help!

Suddenly I feel better. Looks like I wasn’t making such heavy weather out of this procedure after all..lol!

....and I do use Oliver’s excellent Addon Organizer - makes life so much easier. Wouldn’t be without it!

Best regards,

Mike

• Like 1