Sign in to follow this  
dal330200

Oddball Issues with VNAV and Approaches

Howdy folks,

I upgraded to 4.3 without a hitch, but I'm noticing some unusual behavior in my MFD.  There's now a delay with calculating the descent after I pass waypoints while flying VNAV- All approaches are like this now.  Sometimes it will show more than a thousand feet high or low before settling down to normal, and sometimes these delays can last for 5 seconds or so.  Also, most of the approaches that I've been flying have been leading me to the wrong end of the airport.  I'm inputting the data and transitions properly, but this has happened quite a few times and it's leaving me scratching my head.  For example, when I was on one of the KDEN stars into 35L, everything in the FMC looks good, but the MFD displays waypoints and tracks for the opposite runway instead.  Odd, but it's happened a couple of times at a couple of different airports.  I'm wondering if this is a PMDG bug or a Navigraph one maybe?

Has anyone else experienced these little glitches?

Thanks,

John

Edited by dal330200

John, please be more specific.  KDEN has arrivals in pairs, one of each pair for South arrival and the other for North.  It is normal to see path calculations take 5 sec. and other times almost instant.

Dan Downs KCRP

I'm confused by a lot of these posts about changes in functionality. We haven't released an update, so the code being run in 4.2 is the same as being run in 4.3. The only change is the sim, but that wouldn't affect the plane, so...the only thing left is the pilot.

Kyle Rodgers