Sign in to follow this  
ZKOKQ

Electronic Flight Bag v2 Released

Totally agree with most here. EFB v2 is amazing. It feels like a whole new app to me compared to v1. The UI looks much sleeker, more modern and much cleaner. Just the entire appearance of the app is very well laid out making things much nicer to look at. I like it so much that I don't think I will go back to using real life charts again, this is looking very attractive now.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Doing my first flight with EFB V2.  All I can say is "Fantastic"  Going to cancel my Navigraph chart subscription. 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

2 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

What does this product do?  I am 95% GA flyer.  Is this for airliner people?

I use it quite a bit for GA if flying in or out of large airports just due to the airport maps.

Matt Wilson

Double post

Edited by mpw8679

Matt Wilson

13 hours ago, Wise87 said:

As a user who loves version 1.x I've looked over the manual for 2.0 and I'm probably going to stay with v1.x. It's probably just me but the simplicity is no longer there in 2.0 from what I can make out in the documentations. Granted the new version has some nice new features and interface but what was lacking in v1.x was maybe a weather overlay and updated Vatsim ARTCC boundaries. I hope someone put together a video or maybe I'll try out the demo but I'm not itching to move over yet. 

One day you will upgrade to v2 and think to yourself dam why didn't I do this sooner.  As a long time v1 user this version is a must for any serious flight simmer.

• Like 1

Glen

39 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Doing my first flight with EFB V2.  All I can say is "Fantastic"  Going to cancel my Navigraph chart subscription. 

Yes but if you have the Navigraph data subscription I don’t think Charts is a lot more?

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

No need for navigraphs chart subscription when you have EFB v2.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

12 minutes ago, Dean33 said:

Yes but if you have the Navigraph data subscription I don’t think Charts is a lot more?

I probably won't use the charts anymore and the Navi Charts use a total of about 9% CPU cycles, EFB uses about 1-2 % CPU.  Moving map and all the things that EFB does, makes the charts obsolete for me. 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

32 minutes ago, GAJ52 said:

One day you will upgrade to v2 and think to yourself dam why didn't I do this sooner.  As a long time v1 user this version is a must for any serious flight simmer.

When I get back into town I will take a look at the Demo. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

26 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

When I get back into town I will take a look at the Demo. 

Do one or two flights with the demo , and I bet you will buy it. 

I found the purchase page for EFB v2 but I did not find the link to download the 30 day trial?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Thanks, have a good day.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

One key difference I noticed from Ver1 to 2 is that in ver1 you could load pre-made flight plans from from the standard documents folder.  Ver2 is missing this option...?

spacer.png

I'm a long time VFR sim pilot, a few decades ago (imagine that) I spent time delving into instrument flying (via sim) and was quite excited to be able to fly S. California coast to N. California coast using instruments. Since then I just do VFR flights. After just watching a few youtube vids that highlighted EFB v2, I think I will jump back into IFR again.

This was second video that I watched, involving default P3D GPS unit and Active Sky. 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's