Sign in to follow this  
Brian_A_Neuman

4.3 Scenery Update

Good afternoon,

I did the content, client and scenery update for 4.3. Does anyone know if I have to reinstall ORBX Global, Vector or OpenLC? My airports seem to be good..just curious to know if anything got overridden.

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

28 minutes ago, Brian_A_Neuman said:

Good afternoon,

I did the content, client and scenery update for 4.3. Does anyone know if I have to reinstall ORBX Global, Vector or OpenLC? My airports seem to be good..just curious to know if anything got overridden.

Check for Orbx entries in the terrain.cfg Brian. You may get land where water should be.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

What am I looking for? Or am I just seeing if it’s there.

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

Initially I booted into Prepar3D after the install of just the V4.3 client and didn't see any of my ORBX stuff.   Was bummed out so I downloaded the entire Prepr3D update, and installed that.   Booted into Prepar3D V4.3, still no ORBX stuff.

Heart sank at the thought of reinstalling all of the ORBX stuff.

Went into FTX Central 3, and poked around a bit to see if it showed my purchased as installed or not.  It seemed to think it was all installed, so.... 

Went back into Prepar3D V4 and boom!  All the ORBX stuff was there.   I guess it had to re-register all my stuff.

Good luck - I was very close to reinstalling everything but it turns out it was not necessary.

Even my chaseplane settings were still there.  Some of the uncertainty and hassle with these updates are why I skipped P3D V.4.2 and went straight from 4.1 to 4.3.   Even so, from my "use case", 99% of what was in 4.1 still applies, not seeing anything major here w/ 4.3, but appreciate the stability and minor performance improvements just the same.

Mark

52 minutes ago, Brian_A_Neuman said:

What am I looking for? Or am I just seeing if it’s there.

Just seeing if it’s there.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Ok. Thanks. They are there.

Brian A. Neuman

I think some ORBX airport's installatons also place files in scenery\world\scenery so i guess some files may get lost when updating P3D scenery or doing the full update. At least me i got strange behaviors in the past when simply updating everything whithout doing careful backups, file comparisons and whatever. That's the way i do it now if updating more than the client.  

47 minutes ago, mtrainer said:

Initially I booted into Prepar3D after the install of just the V4.3 client and didn't see any of my ORBX stuff.   Was bummed out so I downloaded the entire Prepr3D update, and installed that.   Booted into Prepar3D V4.3, still no ORBX stuff.

Heart sank at the thought of reinstalling all of the ORBX stuff.

Went into FTX Central 3, and poked around a bit to see if it showed my purchased as installed or not.  It seemed to think it was all installed, so.... 

Went back into Prepar3D V4 and boom!  All the ORBX stuff was there.   I guess it had to re-register all my stuff.

Good luck - I was very close to reinstalling everything but it turns out it was not necessary.

Even my chaseplane settings were still there.  Some of the uncertainty and hassle with these updates are why I skipped P3D V.4.2 and went straight from 4.1 to 4.3.   Even so, from my "use case", 99% of what was in 4.1 still applies, not seeing anything major here w/ 4.3, but appreciate the stability and minor performance improvements just the same.

Mark

If you install Content, FTX Central needs to update the autogen files in the P3D autogen folder. Make a backup of the default.xml first as it stores also entries from 3rd party addon sceneries.

If you install Scenery, FTX central needs to update the texture files of FTX Global and terrain.cfg. 

Always good to make a backup and compare the files that have changed.

Usually a Client and Content update is enough...

• Like 1

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

I've updated sceneries once and all I had to do is run FTXCentral.  If you have any problems or missing regions, simply erase the text file in \ORBX\User Documents\Versions related to the missing items and FTXCentral will be forced into a fresh install of that item.

Dan Downs KCRP

Previous experiences tell me that Global, Vector, Trees and Landclasses must be reinstalled. As to the Regions I think they're safe.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

Nothing needs to be reinstalled UNLESS you actually uninstalled the specific Orbx scenery. All you need to do is run FTX Central and let it update.  That's it.

Vic

• Upvote 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Always FORCE A MIGRATION in ORBX after you upgrade P3d.  That solves all the weird scenery patterns that you initially see.

Stan

Edited by spilok

Read the above post in the link Avidean posted. That has every step you need to take.

You do need to install Global and HD Trees again. Even when I did I still had some files missing when running the troubleshooter. Took a couple of tries to get it all right.

I think I slowly got it. It’s been an interesting challenge as I rarely do the scenery updates until I do a full install. All the airports stayed right where they belong, just had to fix some global and vector stuff. It seems to be running well now.

Brian A. Neuman