Hi Everyone,

It's been a while, in fact a long while, since I visited Avsim. Nice to find that my old login was still there!

I haven't done much at all with simulators for a number of years as I just don't have the hardware nowadays to run them. I will try my old copy of Fly!2 though on this little desktop; it is probably as powerful as the one I used to run Fly! on all those years ago.

How many are still here, apart from Randall, Ken and Flyfisher?

Colin

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hey Colin - Not many active, (or actively responding) apparently.  I've loaded up the dark side (FSX) and am slowly configuring it and adding to it and learning its idiosyncrasies (Also still fly the Space Shuttle and Falcon 4.0).

I still run Fly!II every week.  As pretty as the environment and aircraft of FSX have become, Fly! still hold a place in my heart and I still fly it more than the others, with aircraft handling and systems still more realistic, in some cases, than their more modern counterparts.  It's just fallen behind modern graphics and, of course, the modern glass cockpits.

I've slowly updated airports and nav points around the world as I flew and now have hundreds of updates in my files. I still plan to upload then sometime - don't know if anyone will use them, but I'll make them available.

I've enjoyed some of your LinkedIn posts BTW.