Sign in to follow this  
Egbert Drenth

Aivlasoft EFB v2 - Released

Ah - thanx Manny!

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Just trying the demo. Seems quite feature rich. But unless I am missing something, the PROC procedures charts are rather simplified with information missing relative to Navigraph charts. I saw some STARS missing ALT restrictions on the EFB whereas the Ncharts have them. 

This would certainly be cheaper though compared to the Navigraph ultimate pkg subscription. Would then just need the FMS Data. 

The airport layout is really nice and clear for taxiway info and what not. 

• Upvote 1

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Do the ground charts show terminals and gate numbers? Looking hard at this product mainly for the taxi charts. Right now I use the freeware Little Nav Map which has most but not all of these features. Would love to here opinions from some users if this product is worth the sixty bones.

Thanks.

Vic green

6 minutes ago, PATCO LCH said:

Do the ground charts show terminals and gate numbers? Looking hard at this product mainly for the taxi charts. Right now I use the freeware Little Nav Map which has most but not all of these features. Would love to here opinions from some users if this product is worth the sixty bones.

Thanks.

I would gladly pay $120 for it if that was the price. Here is how I made my decision . I downloaded and installed the demo, which is the entire program, and the price of the demo for 30 days is "FREE", like in zero dollars, which I considered very affordable.  I then flew around for a couple of hours, and at that point I considered it a must have without any doubt, and purchased it. I like to make my own decisions purchasing simming software, and with the free demo, it's a no brainer. 😋

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

16 minutes ago, PATCO LCH said:

Thanks.

Yes they do. It reads all your AFCADs. When parked at a gate with your departing runway selected use the Taxi button to show the path to the runway. Works at arrival too once you have left the runway.

There is an 'easter egg' which I asked for. If you fly GA and have GSX then using the marshaller guidance is a nice feature. Unfortunately many AFCAD designers pay little attention to parking spots. if you press CTRL+ALT+P when taxiing in the heading of the parking position will be superimposed on it. This help ensure you don't approach the marshaller from behind him instead from the front.

Not really needed for gates with air bridges but indispensable for GA parking on the apron.

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thanks Ray. Sounds like something I've wanted for some time.

Vic green

Apologies for resurrecting an (oldish) thread but what do folks use EFB v2 for ? It doesn't claim to be a flight planner but has some flight planning features but then having created your flight plan you can only export it to FSX/P3D or the native EFB V2 format no other exporters are supported (they were in v1 - go figure).  So is it just for the charts and moving map?  I have EFB v1 but in recent times have been using the freeware LittleNavmap that seemed to do everything that EFB v1 did except perhaps for more detailed airport layouts which can assist when a taxiing at complex airports.  Unfortunately the translation of the V2 manuals into English leaves a lot to be desired which doesn't help getting to grips with the thing.  What I used to use EFB v1 for (now mostly LittNavmap) is to import a route description from Flightaware, create a clean flightplan without procedures, export to PMDG, and use the EFB charts to help with programming the PMDG FMC Dep/Arr pocedures.  Then go fly and monitor progress on the moving map.  What does EFB v2 add to all that? Thanks.

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

2 hours ago, brucewtb said:

So is it just for the charts and moving map?

For me: Yes
Also I have extensively used LittleNavMap, a really great application. Nevertheless I like the charts/map representation of EFB better, it just resembles more Jeppessen charts.
Functionality wise (base functionality) , I don't think both applications differ a lot. Regarding showing approach profiles, SIDs, STARs, I think EFB does a better job.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Navigraph has moving maps as well and also now soon to be avaiable inside PMDG products with EFB. 

Last i used V1 i had alot of stutter 

Thanks Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

3 hours ago, brucewtb said:

Apologies for resurrecting an (oldish) thread but what do folks use EFB v2 for ? It doesn't claim to be a flight planner but has some flight planning features but then having created your flight plan you can only export it to FSX/P3D or the native EFB V2 format no other exporters are supported (they were in v1 - go figure).  So is it just for the charts and moving map?  I have EFB v1 but in recent times have been using the freeware LittleNavmap that seemed to do everything that EFB v1 did except perhaps for more detailed airport layouts which can assist when a taxiing at complex airports.  Unfortunately the translation of the V2 manuals into English leaves a lot to be desired which doesn't help getting to grips with the thing.  What I used to use EFB v1 for (now mostly LittNavmap) is to import a route description from Flightaware, create a clean flightplan without procedures, export to PMDG, and use the EFB charts to help with programming the PMDG FMC Dep/Arr pocedures.  Then go fly and monitor progress on the moving map.  What does EFB v2 add to all that? Thanks.

Bruceb

Besides the Flightplanning, you can inject your RTE (on the fly) into the SIM. So if you want to fly with the default ATC (yeah...I know that it is braindead) you can perfectly inject it. You can even change STARS in flight and re-inject (on the fly) the new RTE.

Does LittleNavmap do that also?

Edited by GEKtheReaper

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

17 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

Navigraph has moving maps as well and also now soon to be avaiable inside PMDG products with EFB. 

Thanks Michael Moe 

As I mentioned in another thread, feature wise and money wise, efb offers far better value imho. 

Not seeing any stutters with v2. Cpu usage shown on efb is on average 0.8% and i have seen it peak at 1.6%. I was originally intending to run it networked but now don’t bother and have simply assigned it to last cpu core. No problems. 

1 hour ago, Michael Moe said:

Thanks Michael Moe 

If you get stutter with EFB2, you have some major issues with your flight sim. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

On 7/1/2018 at 12:13 PM, signmanbob said:

Once Navigraph supports it Aivlasoft EFB v2 will be a great help when flying online too.

Tried to check at the Navigraph site, but which of their products is used to support/work with EFB v2?

thx,

mike

3 minutes ago, orbmis said:

Tried to check at the Navigraph site, but which of their products is used to support/work with EFB v2?

thx,

mike

EFB uses the Navigraph Airac Data. 

Edited by Bobsk8

17 hours ago, GEKtheReaper said:

Besides the Flightplanning, you can inject your RTE (on the fly) into the SIM. So if you want to fly with the default ATC (yeah...I know that it is braindead) you can perfectly inject it. You can even change STARS in flight and re-inject (on the fly) the new RTE.

Does LittleNavmap do that also?

I don't use default ATC or any default aircraft  - I'm pretty much an exclusive user of the PMDG FMCs and the F1 650/750 GTN - so these features are of no benefit to me. I was am early adopter of EFB v1 but v2 seems to be heading off in new directions that are less useful unless you use the default ATC and default GTN as i can see it provides a leg up if that is where you are at.

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."