Sign in to follow this  
Egbert Drenth

Aivlasoft EFB v2 - Released

1 hour ago, brucewtb said:

Thank you all and I accept that the obvious response is to run the trial.  Unfortunately this does not work for me because whenever I attempt to run the trial the EFB v2 server gives me the error message "..... could not reach any time server on the internet".  There are a couple of threads about this on Aivlasoft's forum and it seems if you have the file AivlaSoft_Efb_V2_0.dlsc in you documents/EFB2/server/license folder (I do) it means that while you are able to connect to the time server through TCP port 13 there is a timeout because the connection is taking too long. Further when I check time and date in the Windows control panel I am connected to an internet time server - time.nist.gov.  The recommended fix is to keep trying!  But after many attempts it just doesn't work for me.  I gather this not an issue with the full version just a means of verifying date/time for the trial - which is just as well.  So there you have it - more than happy to give the trial a go but there is this gotcha. If anyone here has any clues I would be grateful to receive them.  I will also pursue this further on Aivlasoft's forum but not overly hopeful as the only response offered so far to others with the issue is "keep trying to connect".

Bruceb

its a sloppy system for checking the balance of your free trial that's for sure. Takes me about 10 to 20 goes to get a hit due to the world wide log in attempts . once you do get connected best not to shutdown FSDT server until you get a good feel for it

ZORAN

5 hours ago, zmak said:

its a sloppy system for checking the balance of your free trial that's for sure. Takes me about 10 to 20 goes to get a hit due to the world wide log in attempts . once you do get connected best not to shutdown FSDT server until you get a good feel for it

It took me about an hour to get a good feel for EFB. Then I purchased it. End of issues. Best purchase I have made in years. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Been  using  the  trial version  so  far   and  I  do  like  the  use of  it  etc  but  I  think I will stick  with the  navigraph  charts  manly  do  to  the use  of the  real  charts   and  your  able  to bring  up  the  sid  and  star  plates,

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

The only thing I want from this EFB is the map of parking spots pulled directly from the scenery files. It’s so helpful, especially for cargo flights. But $60 is a bit too rich just for that. Are there any apps that do something similar? Besides opening up BGLs in ADE...

12 hours ago, Chapstick said:

The only thing I want from this EFB is the map of parking spots pulled directly from the scenery files. It’s so helpful, especially for cargo flights. But $60 is a bit too rich just for that. Are there any apps that do something similar? Besides opening up BGLs in ADE...

Yes that is what I use EFB v1 for but apart from that most things EFB1 does can be done in Little Navmap which is freeware. Now it looks as if v2 has enhanced the terminal navigation feature and what they have done with procedures looks promising but then, unaccountably, they stop supporting flightplan export to third party FMCs so you have to go and use something else to do that. Considering all this the asking price is a bit high even with the discount   However it looks like I am going to have to make a decision without running the trial as the response on the Aivlasoft forum has been less than helpful so far.  Thank you everyone for your comments they are appreciated.

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

On 8/5/2018 at 11:56 PM, brucewtb said:

Thank you all and I accept that the obvious response is to run the trial.  Unfortunately this does not work for me because whenever I attempt to run the trial the EFB v2 server gives me the error message "..... could not reach any time server on the internet"

Hi Bruce,

I had the same problem and almost gave up on the trial and EFB2, but then I found a post on the Aivlasoft forum where a solution is dicussed. If I recall correctly, you need to make sure that you run the installer as well as server ans client in admin mode.

Best,

Peter

I like the look of this software.

I downloaded the free trial and ran the client and server on my desktop, very nice indeed.

However, I want to run the client on my laptop and there lies the problem for me.

I cannot get the the win 7 laptop to see my win 10 1803 desktop. So, without network connection, I would have to run an extra monitor with client/server on same PC.

I am not IT savvy and having read many forums on how to connect my laptop and desktop together, I have to say that before I read the forums I knew nothing, after reading the forums, I know slightly less than that!

If anyone knows how I can get my 2 computers configured, I would buy this in a flash.

What I need is clear instruction on the network configuring and the install instructions lack that information.

Happy to persevere, if someone could help?

Thanks and regards

Stu

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

1 hour ago, Bunchy said:

I downloaded the free trial and ran the client and server on my desktop, very nice indeed.

However, I want to run the client on my laptop and there lies the problem for me.

I cannot get the the win 7 laptop to see my win 10 1803 desktop. So, without network connection, I would have to run an extra monitor with client/server on same PC.

I am not IT savvy and having read many forums on how to connect my laptop and desktop together, I have to say that before I read the forums I knew nothing, after reading the forums, I know slightly less than that!

If anyone knows how I can get my 2 computers configured, I would buy this in a flash.

What I need is clear instruction on the network configuring and the install instructions lack that information.

Thanks and regards

Stu

The load on my PC for running EFB averages about 1 1/2 %, in other words, almost nothing. I don't understand why some like to run it on a network, when just hooking up a second monitor has almost no effect on the performance of the sim, and takes just a few seconds to configure in Windows. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 hours ago, Bunchy said:

Thanks and regards

Stu

you need  to  install the  server  on  your  main  pc  that's  has  your  sim,  than  install the  client  on the other  pc  or  lap  top that  your  using,  when  starting the  client  you need  to enter  the ip  for  your  main  pc.  than  you  have  to start  the  server  first  than  the  client   make  sure  you  run both  as  admin

Edited by pete_auau

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

The load on my PC for running EFB averages about 1 1/2 %, in other words, almost nothing. I don't understand why some like to run it on a network, when just hooking up a second monitor has almost no effect on the performance of the sim, and takes just a few seconds to configure in Windows. 

Yep you can see the cpu load in green right at the bottom left side of the EFB screen usually under 1%

I think the OP wants to use a laptop as he hasnt another monitor? 

ZORAN

Very handy and smart tool but I have no other monitor nor PC so I can't use it unless I switch from full to windowed screen every time and that's a no-go for me.

Pity there is no iPad app to use the client though.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Thanks for your advice, guys.

Second monitor not an option. Just need to get laptop talking to desktop.

Will try as you suggest pete.

Away from home at present, so can't try now 😢

Stu

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

A laptop can be used as a 2nd monitor through the spacedesk app.  It works great!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, qqwertzde said:

Hi Bruce,

I had the same problem and almost gave up on the trial and EFB2, but then I found a post on the Aivlasoft forum where a solution is dicussed. If I recall correctly, you need to make sure that you run the installer as well as server ans client in admin mode.

Best,

Peter

Thanks for that suggestion.  I rechecked properties and ensured server, client and DbBuilder were set to run as administrator.  Now it does run sometimes so at least it seems there is a latency issue as described rather some other odd reason why I couldn't get this thing to connect to a time server.  However I now have another problem - getting the supplied 1802 airac to load it gets stuck on airports.  This is after running the database builder followed by deletes and running again. This addon really doesn't like me.

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

13 minutes ago, brucewtb said:

Thanks for that suggestion.  I rechecked properties and ensured server, client and DbBuilder were set to run as administrator.  Now it does run sometimes so at least it seems there is a latency issue as described rather some other odd reason why I couldn't get this thing to connect to a time server.  However I now have another problem - getting the supplied 1802 airac to load it gets stuck on airports.  This is after running the database builder followed by deletes and running again. This addon really doesn't like me.

Bruceb

You should post this on their forums. They are actively problem solving ATM and they should be able to get you on your way

• Like 1

ZORAN