Sign in to follow this  
cris70

multiscreen and unlock

Hello everyone, my name is Cris from Switzerland. Sorry but I do not speak English very well.
I bought a commander side structure and I have to insert the various navigation screens in the monitors. Normally with the mouse I open for example the navigation monitor that appears larger, I can move inside the screen but I can not drag it to put it in another screen. I have to undock it and then move it.
My questions are:
if I undock the 4 screens of 737, how can I not lower the frames?
is there an alternative program or system?
thank you all, have a nice day.

cris

Hi Cris, welcome to the PMDG forums.  Please note their rules ask that we sign our full names on all posts.

My approach is different.  I use one large screen, currently a 42-in (107 cm) and when I zoom in to about 0.80 I get a pretty realistic pilot's view without having to use the 2D popups. I might even go to a larger screen one of these days.  I do have a second display but that is a separate computer where I run flight planning, maps and browse the internet while flying.

Dan Downs KCRP

15 hours ago, downscc said:

Hi Cris, welcome to the PMDG forums.  Please note their rules ask that we sign our full names on all posts.

My approach is different.  I use one large screen, currently a 42-in (107 cm) and when I zoom in to about 0.80 I get a pretty realistic pilot's view without having to use the 2D popups. I might even go to a larger screen one of these days.  I do have a second display but that is a separate computer where I run flight planning, maps and browse the internet while flying.

I've been wanting to do this for such a long time. With prices at an all time low for 4k screens, I think I might actually pull the trigger soon.

Hi Cris, welcome.

What simulator are you using? If you are on P3Dv4, there's almost no loss in FPS.

I use 4 screens:

3 are located next to each other, the middle one shows the virtual cockpit.

left and right are reserved for charts and whatever I need to look up.. On long flights I use to watch movies 😄

the forth is mounted above the middle screen and I unlock the overhead panel and drag it to that upper screen. I have no noticable loss of FPS in P3Dv4.2 and 4.3 with the PMDG fleet, the FSL Airbus and the Majestics Q400. 

Edited by Ephedrin
&%$&/§%&§

good morning Ephedrin
Thank you for your answer. I use P3d v.4
On the main screen I have the 737pmdg 3D cockpit, on the second screen above the head I use a touchscreen for the ovveride. The pc runs at about 70frame.
Now I bought the commander side cockpit, this has 3 monitors for the various navigation monitors, engines, ...
In all I opened the 3D cockpit, the ovveride, and the 4 navigation monitors do not lose too many frames?

Thanks and have a good day also in Downscc

cris

Edited by cris70

The undocked 2D popup views don't affect your frames.

This is how I have. I've got all 4 instrument views undocked to separate monitors without frame rate loss.

img_20171117_200842.jpg29597294_10216157466998261_1818495152583

• Upvote 1

Joona Väisänen

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

@joona_
I`m using a similar setup.
But i have problems with saving this setup.
At every new start (P3Dv4.2) i have to undock the 2D panels.
If i try to use a saved setup with undocked panel`s i have only a black screen.

Do you use a saved setup with undocked windows?

Edited by McFly08151

23 minutes ago, McFly08151 said:

@joona_

I use SmartStarter now for starting up my 737NGX with all my panels on their proper monitor.

http://www.flightsim4fun.com/smartstarter.html

Basically you create setup your 737NGX as you want and displays as you need and save that flight.  SmartStart then lets you pick your plane, livery, startup config, and location and it injects all that data into that saved flight file.  Then in P3d you load up that save file and your displays will be setup correctly and your plan at whatever airport you need for your flight.  It's a really great app. 

I haven't had any issues with black screens on startup though.

good morning everyone, thank you for your advice.
If you still have a few minutes, I want to ask one more thing.
I ask you if the passage is correct to open the windows in p3d:

the pmdg opens in a 3D window
with the right click on the cockpit and then the first on the list that is cockpit (2D)

I click the first navigation monitor that opens me bigger, with the mouse I can move it but only inside the screen.
with the right button I click "undock window" and only now can I place the screen in a second monitor.

This procedure I do with the navigation monitors I need but I ask you:
Is it just like I do?

after having undock the window and brought to the second monitor is it possible to remove the string that remains above?

I thank everyone and wish you a wonderful day

cris

If you go to Full Screen mode the windows frames should disappear.

Using SmartStarter gives you the best way to start up your PMDG flights.

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

On 7/4/2018 at 3:35 PM, McFly08151 said:

@joona_

I have set up my flight with the 2D popups undocked, resized and moved to their respective monitors. I have also moved the VC views and wing views as I want and then saved the flight. Then I just load this flight and move to the departure airport that I want. P3Dv4 here and never have had any problems. I think I'll try @nolatron's suggestion because I'm really getting tired of flying always with the same livery. That is, if I load a different livery, it will reset all the VC/wing views and 2D panels.

Joona Väisänen

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg