Sign in to follow this  
dbw1

QW787 in 4.3

4 hours ago, thibodba57 said:

I think if you want the C-130 you have Todo content.  I upgraded both this time around and didn't have any issues.

I have just completed the upgrade to 4.3. I just did the client install. A few things required updating, F1 GTN required a fresh download and install, their updater doesn't work. 

I'll swear it's smoother running. But with new shaders and cfg file it's all indeterminate, but I'm impressed that everything else works, especially the VRS Superbug/Tacpack and all my Simdirector sceneries running with FSX@War.......nice one LM!

Anyway it's done! Now tomorrow I will buy the QW787! 😉

Regards

David

• Like 1

22 hours ago, B777ER said:

Emil, has there been any discussion at QW about working with Mark Foti who developed RemoteCDU (https://flightsimapps.com/) which currently works with PMDG (747,777, NGX), Aersoft CRJ, TFDI 717 and the Fly the Maddog? He posted that he is sold on the idea but suggested we reach out to you guys as well. Would be really really nice to have the QW 787 FMC on a tablet. 

Eric,

Not at the moment as we've had our hands full with getting 1.2 out the door.

But I won't rule anything out, as if there is enough demand for it, It's absolutely something we'd look at for the Product Improvement Pack (PIP) in the future.

Thanks!

• Like 1

qwsig_Emil02-1.gif

3 hours ago, American 833 Heavy said:

Eric,

But I won't rule anything out, as if there is enough demand for it, It's absolutely something we'd look at for the Product Improvement Pack (PIP) in the future.

Thanks!

American 833 Heavy, any eta on 1.2? The Flight 1 site still has 1.1.1.1.

My finger is on the click to buy trigger, but obviously would prefer 1.2! 

Regards

David

On 9/3/2018 at 9:42 AM, American 833 Heavy said:

Is there any ETA on this version? I can barely complete a flight.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

10 hours ago, Drumcode said:

Is there any ETA on this version? I can barely complete a flight.

When its ready, it's ready. Let them work so your not back in here 10 minutes after its released asking why they released it because your still having CTD issues. 

Edited by B777ER
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Eric 

On 9/2/2018 at 12:38 PM, Steve Dra said:

Quite the contrary....the textures are excellent, and on a 55 inch 4k monitor, stunning.   Hard to capture in a jpeg compressed screenshot.

Here is a closeup i took that shows the detail on the MCP...on my big screen it looks about as good as it can...not sure how it looks on smaller monitors.

(Hover over or click the link to see it full screen)

6K1k5E.jpg

Steve, please take s couple of night shots. No,no, not whiskey,  I'm referring to some screen-shots.  Set  the sim at night or almost dark and turn on the cockpit lights , then take some screen-shots.. the exact shot you just took; and expand the view a bit more. Do you see the horrible texture banding effect? Again take the screen-shots with the Sim @ night and turn on the VC lighting, then post it. So,  I have been very interested in the QW 787; however, I have seen several online posts noting  the very poor quality of the VC- especially at dusk and night flying.  Apparently, QW had originally developed the sim with 3-4X  High Definition, but due to  performance issues reduced it to  1024, and that looks terrible on a large screen.  QW had also initially offered the ability to choose high resolution vs low resolution, and apparently that is no longer an option. If this is the case this is really bad, as I know most people enjoy night flying. 

Any way, please report your findings  as above. 

On 9/2/2018 at 9:41 AM, Mitch24 said:

Are the textures on this airplane bad? That's what it kinda looks like from the pictures. 

I have asked Steve to post some night shots with the VC lighting on.  According to online posts I've read, there is where the textures shows it's terrible state. 

Edited by joemiller

I did my first flight with the QW787 a week ago.  Familiarisation flight ....basically take -off, bit of hand flying and then engaging the various A/P modes.    So, A/P on in HDG select and V/S mode to 10 000ft, the aircraft just locked itself in that status.  I couldn't disengage the A/P or interact with it in any way.  Anyone else have this issue?  I exited P3D and parked it 

Have to agree with @Steve Dra though, using a 55' 4K monitor, the aircraft looks much more amazing and has a huge wow factor in the VC - nothing a stream on Twitch could ever convey.  

50 minutes ago, joemiller said:

Steve, please take s couple of night shots. No,no, not whiskey,  I'm referring to some screen-shots.  Set  the sim at night or almost dark and turn on the cockpit lights , then take some screen-shots.. the exact shot you just took; and expand the view a bit more. Do you see the horrible texture banding effect? Again take the screen-shots with the Sim @ night and turn on the VC lighting, then post it. So,  I have been very interested in the QW 787; however, I have seen several online posts noting  the very poor quality of the VC- especially at dusk and night flying.  Apparently, QW had originally developed the sim with 3-4X  High Definition, but due to  performance issues reduced it to  1024, and that looks terrible on a large screen.  QW had also initially offered the ability to choose high resolution vs low resolution, and apparently that is no longer an option. If this is the case this is really bad, as I know most people enjoy night flying. 

Any way, please report your findings  as above. 

I just purchased this sim in v 1.1.1 from flight 1. Early days yet, but when 1.2 comes out it should be a painless upgrade! All sims begin in a form of beta these days.

On the VC definition issue, here is a quick, no nonsense video of how to change it to HD.

Regards

David

9 minutes ago, charlie130 said:

I just purchased this sim in v 1.1.1 from flight 1. Early days yet, but when 1.2 comes out it should be a painless upgrade! All sims begin in a form of beta these days.

On the VC definition issue, here is a quick, no nonsense video of how to change it to HD.

Regards

David

Hi David,

I've heard that doesn't work. Have you tried it?  Now and/ or can you set your sim at  night, turn on your VC lighting... do you see the heavy texture-banding across the entire  the MCP?  Yeah-  that's where apparently it's at its worst state. That problem is caused by the low-quality (low resolution of  aprox) textures. That's a major, major issue. 

Edited by joemiller

24 minutes ago, ErichB said:

I did my first flight with the QW787 a week ago.  Familiarisation flight ....basically take -off, bit of hand flying and then engaging the various A/P modes.    So, A/P on in HDG select and V/S mode to 10 000ft, the aircraft just locked itself in that status.  I couldn't disengage the A/P or interact with it in any way.  Anyone else have this issue?  I exited P3D and parked it 

Have to agree with @Steve Dra though, using a 55' 4K monitor, the aircraft looks much more amazing and has a huge wow factor in the VC - nothing a stream on Twitch could ever convey.  

Erich, are they using High resolution textures for the VC, or not anymore?  Can you set your sim for  night or dusk flying, turn the cockpit lighting... do you see the heavy texture-banding across the entire MCP?  I've been wanting to get this a/c  but seeing online posts and screen-shots of this issue totally discourages me from purchasing it. 

Edit: I found this///   http://qwsim.flight1.net/forums/texture-resolution_topic9462.html

For those complaining about the VC night lighting and banding issues, QW already said they are going with Reallight in version 1.2. No sense fretting over something that will be completely changed in 1.2.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Eric 

16 minutes ago, B777ER said:

For those complaining about the VC night lighting and banding issues, QW already said they are going with Reallight in version 1.2. No sense fretting over something that will be completely changed in 1.2.

"Complaining and fretting"  Hummmm, I'm guessing people want  something well done (maybe?) .

However, if this is a known issue and a true statement by QW, then it is very welcome.

10 hours ago, B777ER said:

When its ready, it's ready. Let them work so your not back in here 10 minutes after its released asking why they released it because your still having CTD issues. 

Forgive me for owning a product I can't use and being impatient. 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Hey Joe, the banding on the MCP as mentioned is well-documented and due to be resolved in the next patch (I was one of the 1st to bring it to their attention).

The best advice I can give is to buy the plane, test it on your system for 29 days.  If you can’t get it dialed in by then return it for a full refund via the excellent F1 commerce system.

Me posting screens is not the best way to demonstrate how its going to look/perform on your system (as you know).

All I can tell you is that the price point for what you get, the assurance you can return it if not satisfied, and the fact it is the best 787 out there with all the great features it offers, a few noted by me…in my view there is no way to go other than to test it on your system and make your own decision if it’s a keeper for you.

To me, all the time spent wondering, and asking others if it has this, that, does this, that, has this issue, that issue, is all wasted time and you could be enjoying flying her around the world (as I have already) using the same effort you're putting into determining if you should buy it or not.😉

Maybe it’s the fact that I have more years behind me than in front of me in my life, and I’m certainly not going to waste them sitting on the fence for something I know I want.:smile:

For those having CTDs and other major issues, I feel for you and can only hope you get your issues resolved with the next patch.  It's one of life's great mysteries that some planes seem to run fine on some systems (I'm one of them), and others have issues with what seems to be very similar systems/settings, as the folks running it fine.

5 hours ago, ErichB said:

Yeah Eric I think when Reallight is implemented on her, it'll look even better!  The move to a big TV/monitor and 4k has been the single most life-changing Flightsim event in my long experience in simmimg.  The 1st aircraft I went full screen with it was the PMDG 744 and I was quite literally awestruck when I panned around the cockpit...which was about 1:1 scale in front of me. The 787 flight deck is just as amazing, although I'm struggling with the blacks/grays vs the Boeing Brown we're all so familiar with in planes built in the Seattle area (I wonder how many simmers here know why that color was used back in the day)

• Like 2

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg