Sign in to follow this  
dbw1

QW787 in 4.3

I love the QW 787. Reading this thread sometimes sounds like this plane is total crap 🙂

37 minutes ago, swiesma said:

I love the QW 787. Reading this thread sometimes sounds like this plane is total crap 🙂

That's what it sounds like! I can't decide 

I love everything about it if I can complete a flight. 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

1 hour ago, Steve Dra said:

The 787 flight deck is just as amazing, although I'm struggling with the blacks/grays vs the Boeing Brown we're all so familiar with in planes built in the Seattle area (I wonder how many simmers here know why that color was used back in the day)

Hmmm, idk.  But it certainly makes me feel warm and relaxed for some reason.

• Like 1

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

4 minutes ago, thibodba57 said:

Hmmm, idk.  But it certainly makes me feel warm and relaxed for some reason.

Hehe, you crack me up Brian!.....and that's the exact reason why that color was chosen (but I bet you knew that already) :wink:....How many hours (real time, not just flightsim time) do you have "relaxing" in front of Boeing Brown?

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

8 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Hehe, you crack me up Brian!.....and that's the exact reason why that color was chosen (but I bet you knew that already) :wink:....How many hours (real time, not just flightsim time) do you have "relaxing" in front of Boeing Brown?

Boeing Brown? I haven't done my logbook for awhile.  Probably 2000 or so now.  Minus rest periods of course. 🙂

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

13 hours ago, joemiller said:

Hi David,

I've heard that doesn't work. Have you tried it?  Now and/ or can you set your sim at  night, turn on your VC lighting... do you see the heavy texture-banding across the entire  the MCP?  Yeah-  that's where apparently it's at its worst state. That problem is caused by the low-quality (low resolution of  aprox) textures. That's a major, major issue. 

Hi Joe,

Today I loaded up my new Dreamliner with the HD texture loaded in the panel folder. I can confirm I see high resolution graphics on the MFD's. Crystal clear.

My system, briefly, GTX 1080, i7 @ 4.5 o/c, 32 Gb Ram, Win 7 pro, P3dv4.3. Graphics at 4096. Sliders mid setting. It's a three year old machine. 

I tested the sim with a route I use to test smooth flight and performance. Bit of a killer really!

Aerosoft mega Heathrow,  to Fly Tampa Amsterdam. AS4 with F1 Real AI Traffic at 90%, over Orbx. Now it may be the new 4.3, but despite frame rates at 18 in Heathrow and 25 in Amsterdam, it appeared acceptably smooth.

Flight plan by Simbrief, loaded straight in to sim. Flew SID to specified altitude restrictions. FMS followed VNav, speed restrictions perfectly. From top of descent to Star, perfect VNav, on speed restrictions. Intercepted ILS, landed on Land3, full autoland. Absolutely no issues.

I have no faults to report on my first flight. I did the flows by the FCOM, using MCE first officer to initiate them. This may be considered cheating by some. But hey, does anyone fly the 787 solo?

I had the panel lights on at the conclusion of the flight (raining in Amsterdam, dull at dusk, but not dark), did not see any glitches. The rain effects on the windshield were nice to see.

This was one of the most satisfying experiences I have had in a flight simulator. The modern, almost futurisic flight deck is sublime! The navigation systems and displays, make flying the sim somewhat wonderous. They really did this, it works as intended!

Once I type rated myself...LOL....I will have a go at a full flight movie for my You Tube channel. 😉

Regards

David

4 hours ago, charlie130 said:

Hi Joe,

Today I loaded up my new Dreamliner with the HD texture loaded in the panel folder. I can confirm I see high resolution graphics on the MFD's. Crystal clear.

My system, briefly, GTX 1080, i7 @ 4.5 o/c, 32 Gb Ram, Win 7 pro, P3dv4.3. Graphics at 4096. Sliders mid setting. It's a three year old machine. 

I tested the sim with a route I use to test smooth flight and performance. Bit of a killer really!

Aerosoft mega Heathrow,  to Fly Tampa Amsterdam. AS4 with F1 Real AI Traffic at 90%, over Orbx. Now it may be the new 4.3, but despite frame rates at 18 in Heathrow and 25 in Amsterdam, it appeared acceptably smooth.

Flight plan by Simbrief, loaded straight in to sim. Flew SID to specified altitude restrictions. FMS followed VNav, speed restrictions perfectly. From top of descent to Star, perfect VNav, on speed restrictions. Intercepted ILS, landed on Land3, full autoland. Absolutely no issues.

I have no faults to report on my first flight. I did the flows by the FCOM, using MCE first officer to initiate them. This may be considered cheating by some. But hey, does anyone fly the 787 solo?

I had the panel lights on at the conclusion of the flight (raining in Amsterdam, dull at dusk, but not dark), did not see any glitches. The rain effects on the windshield were nice to see.

This was one of the most satisfying experiences I have had in a flight simulator. The modern, almost futurisic flight deck is sublime! The navigation systems and displays, make flying the sim somewhat wonderous. They really did this, it works as intended!

Once I type rated myself...LOL....I will have a go at a full flight movie for my You Tube channel. 😉

Regards

David

Thanks David. And believe me...  I believe you. The aircraft looks amazing and very high-tech.  I've seen lots of videos of this QW 787. I would say the 777 is, well outdated and antique compared to the  787 . But wait.. it's not PMDG's fault-  it's Boeing's.  :laugh:

- I would so love to see the Airbus A-350. mmm mmm.. that's another beauty in its class. For now we can only dream that someone out there would be willing to take such a challenge.. Perhaps FSL or Aerosoft, or even BBS?  Hopefully!  That would be amazing! 

So apparently, the texture-banding issue @night  (or dark) is real as I've seen online. No one posted a screen-shot as I requested; perhaps cause it is real. But anyway , at least QW is aware of it and is working on a fix. I believe by then, I will certainly purchase it. Currently, I can "see" everyone on the QW 787  and the PMDG 777 has been forgotten (it's a joke guys; please don't jump off an airplane) lol 

Good day. 

I just can't get into this aircraft.  It's really fast and I like having a fast jet but it's too much technology for me LOL

Maybe I'll dontate my copy to someone (if that's even possible)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

17 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

I just can't get into this aircraft.  It's really fast and I like having a fast jet but it's too much technology for me LOL

Maybe I'll dontate my copy to someone (if that's even possible)

I'll take it. 

40 minutes ago, joemiller said:

I'll take it. 

I'll consider it

As for your question.. yeah the banding is real.  This is cropped down to 1400x I'm only at 1920x1080

42716600020_1e3eab8c93_o.jpgqw3night by ryan b, on Flickr

Overall the textures are very good.  Nice tac sharp or maybe as high as some other addons in the visual department.  But I think they had to save some textures for the cockpit.

44525268121_67bc6ce759_o.jpgqw4rear by ryan b, on Flickr

Edited by ryanbatcund

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

33 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

I'll consider it

haha. Come-on Ryan.. I was all  excited and even thinking where all I would take her.  Don't play with my feelings. 😂🤣

2 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

I'll consider it

As for your question.. yeah the banding is real.  This is cropped down to 1400x I'm only at 1920x1080

42716600020_1e3eab8c93_o.jpgqw3night by ryan b, on Flickr

Overall the textures are very good.  Nice tac sharp or maybe as high as some other addons in the visual department.  But I think they had to save some textures for the cockpit.

Yep, there it is,  the VC texture-banding at night is very pronounced. Hope they fix that as it is very evident and ruins the entire experience. Thanks, Ryan- Brave man!  

18 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

The move to a big TV/monitor and 4k has been the single most life-changing Flightsim event in my long experience in simmimg.

For me too.