Sign in to follow this  
Daskal

Need help with Carenado F33A and 750 (resolved)

I just purchased the Carenado F33A for X-Plane 11 as it is adapted for the RealityXP 750. I also just purchased the 750 and installed it. My problem is that the 750 does appear perfectly where it should on the F33 panel but it will not display anything nor pop out when selected like the Bendix a/p does on this particular plane. I am able to call up the 750 using the Xplane plug-in menu instruction "show window". The 750 pops up as a separate window and appears to be working just fine. When I close it. it's gone and can only be called up again using the plugin menu.

Is there something I need to install in the plane file that the RealityXP installer failed to do? The 750 panel's bezel controls by the way are recognized by the airplane and do work well with 750 in it's separate window. I just need to get the panel display itself "lit".

Daskal

I tried various display positions and dimensions with no luck so I figured I would post my .ini. Note that I replaced the frame.rect back to 0,0,0,0.

[GTN_750_1.WINDOW]
; display window if true.
visible = true
; show screen only gauge if true.
nobezel = false
; display type: WINDOW,PANEL2D,PANEL3D,PANELS
frame.type = WINDOW
; display position and dimension (left,top,width,height)
frame.rect = 122,1374,609,601
; screen only border size (pixels).
border.size = 0
; screen only border color (#RGB or #RGBA).
border.rgba = #000000
; enable mouse clickspots if true, disable if false (use SHIFT to override)
usemouse = true
; left mouse button on the screen toggles popup window if true (requires SHIFT+left mouse button).
popleft = false
; right mouse button on the screen toggles popup window if true (requires XP11.1).
popright = true
; VR mode position and dimension (left,top,width,height) (requires XP11.20)
vrmode.rect = 0,790,830,790
; display as popout window if true (requires XP11.1).
undocked = true
; display mouse tooltips if true.
tooltips = false
; freeze display position if true.
locked = false

[GTN_750_1.PANELS]
; display window if true.
visible = true
; show screen only gauge if true.
nobezel = true
; display type: WINDOW,PANEL2D,PANEL3D,PANELS
frame.type = PANELS
frame.rect = 0,0,0,0
; screen only border size (pixels).
border.size = 0
; screen only border color (#RGB or #RGBA).
border.rgba = #000000
; enable mouse clickspots if true, disable if false (use SHIFT to override)
usemouse = true
; left mouse button on the screen toggles popup window if true (requires SHIFT+left mouse button).
popleft = false
; right mouse button on the screen toggles popup window if true (requires XP11.1).
popright = true

Daskal

I put some more effort into this and found I can get the 750 to only appear where there are existing displays like the numbers in the radios below the bezel. I can even click on that area and the 750 will pop out. When I bring the 750 up into the Carenado installed bezel by changing the cooridinates nothing appears in what was the original 430.

I've read other posts where a separate Carenado GTN folder is mentioned.I don't have anything like that. The bezel only appears in the plane's Object folder. There are 2 PNGs - GTN750_BG, GTN750_BG_LIT and also a GTN.obj. When a picture is taken of the panel with the bezel it only shows the original 430 that is behind the bezel.

I'm sure Carenado meant this to be a bit more easy.

Not one to give up easily I kept playing with the numbers and finally found a winning combination. Here they are for anyone else in the same boat - I mean plane 🙂

1216, 2047, 828 1010

Regards,

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, donhudspeth said:

Where are these values entered?

On 7/1/2018 at 7:46 PM, Daskal said:

frame.rect = 0,0,0,0

@donhudspeth This is all documented in the RXP User's Manual, as well as in pinned topics in this forum.

Edited by RXP

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

@RXP Thank you for response. I will continue to look through the manual and pinned topics. I'm afraid my expertise is in fields other than programing.  I'll make it work. 

There is a learning curve but hopefully it is not so steep! These are merely configuration tasks and there are a number of tutorials to get started with the concepts. Just take the time to read and understand these concepts, it all fits together in the end.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)