Sign in to follow this  
Christian Bahr

LINDA - Blue Screen of Death (BSOD)

Hi.

The program LINDA v3.0.5 causes an error: Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap.
The error comes when I want to save a flight, the key is the "Ü". The Ü key is the default assignment for saving flights.
So, I start the P3D and press the Ü key. Without further notice the P3D passed with a BlueScreen. It only helps to restart the computer.

The error has come since I upgraded to P3D v4.3 and FSUIPC 5.1.3.2 and the error is reproducible.

My system
Windows 10 64-bit
P3D v4.3
FSUIPC 5.1.3.2
LINDA 3.0.5

Currently I have disabled LINDA and I am wondering if I will do without LINDA altogether. Does anyone have similar problems or even a solution?

Edited by Christian Bahr

For a sophisticated flight simulation
www.bahrometrix.de

I will investigate your report. I don’t have U-umlaut on my keyboard so can you tell exactly what save function you are trying to use?

• Upvote 1

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Hi Andrew, thanks for your answer.

The function is this: "Save ..."

It does not matter which button I use. Tried the test function on the key "T". Again, it comes to the error. The error happens even if I go on the menu on Save.

p3dv4_save_flight.jpg

As soon as I want to save a flight with activated LINDA it comes to a crash. I deactivate LINDA, then it does not come to the crash. Yesterday evening, I made several attempts again to narrow down the problem and thus work on a solution myself. The success unfortunately did not materialize.

www.bahrometrix.de

Hi Christian

I have tried the Save... function with both P3Dv4.3 and FSX (on Win10) using both the default ; (semi-colon) and assigned the key T to save. In both cases, the Save Flight dialog appears as expected. I have the latest versions of FSUIPC5 and FSUIPC4 installed respectively  

I have not had any reports of blue screen of death. The save function has no association to FSUIPC or LINDA. Are trying to assigned a key press to a joystick button to initiate the Save?

• Upvote 1

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

2 hours ago, ScotFlieger said:

Are trying to assigned a key press to a joystick button to initiate the Save?

This works now without crash. Have the function placed on button 12 of my controller:

linda_save_flight.jpg

But unfortunately there is no save dialog. Where can I set the name under which the flight should be stored. I would like to give my flights individual names. And one of the stored flights (last.fxml) serves as defaukt flight:

my_saved_flights.jpg

Thank you for your help until now.

www.bahrometrix.de

Is the ‘Save Current Flight’ function a default one or one you have written yourself? It is not one I have ever found or used. 

• Upvote 1

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

The function can be called and assigned as a default function in the LINDA panel. She has not been written by me:

linda_conroller_lib_save_fligh.jpg

But I do not remember where I got the LIB with the assignable functions. Here is my current and complete LINDA configuration: http://bahrometrix.de/FSX_P3D/share/my_linda_config.zip

Mybe it helps.

www.bahrometrix.de

Thank you for the clarification and files. I really need to see the fsuipcX.log to fully analyse the problem but I think it is down the fact that you are using LINDA 3.0.1 and not 3.0.5 as stated (see linda2.log). You will need to also install the latest version of FSUIPC4 or FSUIPC5.

I have used the FSX Default Library 'Save Current File' (from lib-fallback) which calls the SaveFlight() function in common.lua. I have tested it with both FSX and P3Dv4.3 and it functions correctly with no errors. The SaveFlight should save a flight as LINDA-{aircraft name and livery}.FLT. At the same time it displays a message in the top line stating the aircraft being saved at the nearest aircraft. Which aircraft are you using? Try a default aircraft to establish a baseline.

• Upvote 1

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

I tested with the standard Baron58. But other aircraft were used in the felt 20 crashes.

But the offender is found. The file "ipcReady.lua" causes the crash. Definitely. I proceeded very systematically with troubleshooting.

It may well be that when narrowing down the bug, that was because the LINDA version was confused. But ... the crash took place with both the old 3.0.1 and the new 3.0.5. And only in combination with the new FSUIPC5.1.3.2. With the old FSUIPC5.1.2.4 everything worked flawlessly and without crash.

So, the error is caused by the ipcReady.lua file, regardless of whether LINDA.exe, the other LINDA files, and the LINDA subfolders are in the Modules folder. To crash, it suffices if the "ipcReady.lua" is in the Modules folder:

p3dv4_modules_ipcready_lua.jpg

If I place the ipcReady.lua in the Modules folder and press "Ü" or go to the menu "Save ...", then immediately comes the blue screen.

I do not know a solution now either.

www.bahrometrix.de

I can not explain why you are experiencing the BSOD crash. How have you assigned the Ü key? The correct default key is ; (semi-colon) to save the flight. Does the crash occur if you use the menu save option?

The only reason removing ipcReady.lua may stop your system crashing is that doing so stops LINDA LUA code loading - LINDA will not function correctly but the LINDA GUI may start. The Modules folder (above) is missing the folders /linda and /linda-cfg and their contents.

I recommend you backup your LINDA installation (/linda and /linda-cfg folders) and install LINDA afresh. I have just published LINDA 3.0.6.

• Upvote 1

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

I can only explain it all that my Windows 10 is not up to date and I lack a needed update. Now I'll update my Windows10 and then test the new LINDA version. Thank you for your patience and your help. Thanks a lot Andrew.

www.bahrometrix.de

Hello Andrew, i would like to give feedback.

The problem with the BlueScreen is solved!

To make it short. It was not because of LINDA or me or my Windows 10 system. It was up to FSUIPC. Apparently, the FSIPC5.132 was corrupt and under certain circumstances, the P3D crashed when a LUA script was in the module folder. Now the programmer of the FSUIPC has released a new version 5.132c. Thus the BlueScreen and the associated crashes are a thing of the past.

Wanted to conclude by mentioning this, maybe this information will help someone else.

regards
Christian

www.bahrometrix.de

Thank you Christian for the update. You have prompted me to download and install Peter's latest 5.132c.

• Upvote 1

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Dear LINDA users.

I want to get rid of something here which is very close to my heart. And I do not want to give the wrong impression.

To anticipate it. For many years now I use LINDA for button programming, first for the FSX and later also for the P3D. The program LINDA has almost always provided faithful and reliable services. First, I had programmed my Aerosoft Airbus with it and thus achieved those functions that were not accessible via the normal button programming. Later, I also programmed my Nemeth Design EC-135 and other aircraft.

But ...

Since the release of the P3DV4.3 and the associated updates of the software LINDA, FSUIPC etc, it came on my system in connection with LUA scripts, which were in the module folder, to a blue screen of my computer. The crash was reproducible. It was the LUA script for LINDA. As soon as I removed the LINDA-Lua script from the module folder, it did not come to a BlueScreen anymore. The problem was detected. My assumption was that the LINDA-Lua script or LINDA itself had caused this reproducible crash. In hindsight, this assumption was wrong. It was not the LINDA LUA script.

It did not help. Because I could no longer use the flight simulator in connection with the alleged faulty LINDA script or LINDA altogether. The decision was not easy but inevitable. I separated from the program LINDA. Based on the assumption that LINDA or the LINDA LUA script no longer works properly with the new P3Dv4.3 version. So I went in search of a replacement for LINDA and found out that you can only use LUA scripts with FSUIPC and without LINDA.

Only after several days and countless hours of intensive research on the internet and after much experimentation I came across a coincidence that not LINDA or a missing Windows 10 update were responsible for the BlueScreens. But for the crashes a faulty FSUIPC5.132 was responsible. By another coincidence, I came across the fact that there is a new and now bug-clean FSUIPC5.132c. So after I added the new version5.132c, all crashes and BlueScreen were gone. As if spun off by magic.

At this point, I would like to once again thank the developer of LINDA. You always responded well and quickly to support questions, were very patient and always had good advice.

Therefore, my heartfelt and sincere thanks for your commitment and enrichment for the Simmer Community!

www.bahrometrix.de