Sign in to follow this  
cowpatz

My morning ritual and AirDailyX

Call me weird but part of my morning ritual is to peruse the flight sim websites and forums whilst having brekkie and a java. I work my way from left to right along my Firefox bookmark toolbar reading about all the FS developments and trying to resist separating my credit card from my wallet.
In fact I do this even before checking my emails or the local news website (generally too depressing or plain frivolous to start the day with). Escapism maybe?
Part of this ritual would be to align the bookmarks so that the best (most newsworthy) were placed last along the toolbar. Pride of place used to be ADX.
However since D'Andre has less of a hands on influence (if any now) ADX has really gone downhill. The regularity of news items is about as frequent as the frame rate on P3D with maxed sliders.
So much was promised. So what has happened to (arguably) Flt sims best website and will it ever recover?

FSElite and Avsim now take pride of place on the right hand side of my toolbar and ADX is now just a memory.

Is there any other FS website/forums that AVsimmers could recommend?

Edited by cowpatz
Grammar

Cheers

Steve Hall

Hi Steve, long time no see. 

FSElite, Avsim and ADX are pretty much my go to sites although as you say ADX quality/frequency is variable to be honest. Beyond that you are looking at youtube identities like Froogle for example, or following the facebook 'channels' for your favoured developers.

Cheers

Mark 

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

2 hours ago, cowpatz said:

Call me weird but part of my morning ritual is to peruse the flight sim websites and forums whilst having brekkie and a java. I work my way from left to right along my Firefox bookmark toolbar reading about all the FS developments and trying to resist separating my credit card from my wallet.

You are not alone... I have same ritual and disease...😀 😂

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

Same here...ADX was my go to news back in the day but after the change I gave it a chance and slowly diverted away from it until the point that I am not checking it at all in the last half year (just once recently to see if it is still online).

Now Fselite took its place and simFlight.de is still on 2nd place.

3 hours ago, markadeane said:

Hi Steve, long time no see. 

FSElite, Avsim and ADX are pretty much my go to sites although as you say ADX quality/frequency is variable to be honest. Beyond that you are looking at youtube identities like Froogle for example, or following the facebook 'channels' for your favoured developers.

Cheers

Mark 

Yes how are things Mark?

I have looked at some of the Youtube clips but so many of them are long winded and I just don't have that much time in my "allowed time" if you know what I mean.

Cheers

Steve Hall

Yeah, it is pretty much the same for me. ADX is not part of that ritual anymore. I went from a few times per day to one time per week (maximum). They surely promised a lot, but apart from the new design nothing has happend. Specially the content is lacking.

Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi / UGAM Ambrolauri)

Hi guys!

Same morning ritual for me but alas ADX is dead! If I want the last news, FSElite is  the place to go of course with AVSIM😁

Regards

Pat 

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

You could also try Flightsim.com

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 | i5 13600KF | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 (12GB) | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 850EVO 500GB | 2TB Seagate HDD | Deepcool AK500 CPU Cooler | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | Win 11 22H2 build | MSFS2020 |

Tony K.

The Sky Lounge is another one.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

ADX's asset to become the number one fltsim site was D'Andre's editorials. He was heavily opinionated and it was great to know all the insights of the industry through him.

Now that he is not in charge, ADX has become a copy-paste (delayed) news outlet and a much lesser product than its competitor. I know thay may be in the early stages but they haven't shown much that will differenciate itself from other outlets.

Edited by Guevorkyan

Santiago de Larminat

From what I have seen ADX (aka D'Andre) has basically faded away after the last FlightSimCon a few years ago. ADX was also suppose to be expanding and added a few new members and new content but the content only lasted a short period. I always looked forward to the interviews or the live stream of some new scenery or plane. I know ADX bought some high tech camera gear for FlightSim Expo and D'Andre was suppose to do some interviews and live streams. As far as I know they only posted one interview from the entire event with REX. Now I just visit FSElite and AVSIM for my news. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Its true, after D'Andre departure, ADX is not updated as fast to be my choice. I have been following FSElite since, which makes sure to not lose any new product or update. However the fastest way to learn the news, is as others mentioned, to follow your favorite developers on Facebook. I first see the news on Facebook and after some time they would appear on FSElite. However FSElite offers a good way to catch up if you have been missing for sometime. So they are certainly the safe way to go.

Edited by Daedalus

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

Much the same feelings here -  in the past I used to read ADX every day and looked forward to reading the latest news  but now I might look at it once every week if even that. I also notice that the numbers of comments on individual news items has diminished to almost zero in most cases which suggests that ADX has lost many of its followers.

Bill

Edited by scianoir

Watched D'Andre's REX interview yesterday, he really pushed the REX guy to talk about stuff which probably wasn't on his 'press release.' And all in the same keen fan way which makes him so likeable.

FSElite is certainly a good news site these days, as is Digital Flight Wire, once you get past the weird landing screen -- they do give nice big images on their main newspage, which is great for my aging eyes!

My morning ritual has always been the AVSIM forum and I can't see it change anytime soon! 🙂

• Upvote 1