Sign in to follow this  
zfehr

Free Frankfurt - Hahn airport (EDFH)

The German airports team has opened up a new webshop and as a celebration you can download the Frankfurt - Hahn airport for free.This airport is normaly only available in the commercial German Airports 4 pack.Enjoy!http://www.simshop.de/(Just follow the download scenery link)

simcheck_sig_banner_retro.jpg

Thanks for that :-)

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Guest yarvelling

Ditto!It's nice :) Thanks too, to Aerosoft for releasing it:)

Guest JimC1702

Thanks for the tip. I just downloaded and went to install it per the instructions, but it wants to overwrite my scenery.dat which is 229 kb with a new one which is only 3 kb. That doesn't seem like a good thing.Any tips?Thanks,Jim

Guest rpjkw1155

Just dowloaded, unzipped to a temp file, created a new folder named EDFH, moved the scenery and texture files into it, added it into FS9. It works just fine and the files never asked to overwrite other files. Not bad.Bob

Guest Tingoose

Jim. Whenever you can, do what Bob did above, and install manually if possible. That way you can see what files are included and head off any potential overwrite problems. There are some high grade payware scenery addons where this isn't possible of course!

Do not confuse scenery.dat with scenery.cfg. Scenery.cfg is your "master" index file of all your scenery as shown in the FS scenery library inteface. It shows priority, location of the scenery files, exclude statements, etc. Depending on the amount of add-on scenery including seperate afcad.bgls, landclass, and mesh it can get very long indeed.Scenery.dat is placed in each scenery folder by FS or the developer and is about 3 Kb.The Aerosoft GAP sceneries I have installed modify directly the longer scenery.cfg. As I recall they do not allow a temporary installation to allow you to install them yourself. There will be a folder created under your FS folder called Aerosoft. The Aerosoft installer adds to the scenery.cfg file the aforementioned data. There definitely should not be an overwrite of scenery.cfg with scenery.dat - different types - but scenery.cfg mods should be OK. You can copy your existing scenery.cfg file to a safety folder so you can retrieve it if necessary.Once I haved installed the Aerosoft scenery I go into the scenery settings within FS and adjust them all if necessary for priority.If the GAP team is using the Aerosoft installer it should be OK.Note that the Aerosoft German Airports series includes optional towns, roads, rivers, etc. in a seperate scenery folder. If you already have installed an Aerosoft scenery it should ask you if you wish to reinstall it.

Guest khaehl

Love the Comet John! Is that the Maltby version?Kevin

Can someone post a direct link to this scenery? I want to try out this scenery, but when I went to http://www.simshop.de/ I couldn't find it because I don't know how to read german.

No prob :-lol

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888