Sign in to follow this  
SimonC

Aivlasoft EFBv2 or Navigraph Ultimate

Hello,

I am thinking of buying either the new Aivlasoft EFB v2, or alternatively Navigraph Ultimate, or both? If I understand it correctly, they both do a similar, if not the same, thing.

Thank you.

Hi Simon,

It will depend on which aircraft you will use.

If I am correct, PMDG commercial aircraft will successively introduce EFBs integrated into their flight decks.

If you choose not to wait or you fly other airframes, then EFB 2 may be an excellent choice for you.

HTH

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

12 minutes ago, SimonC said:

Hello,

I am thinking of buying either the new Aivlasoft EFB v2, or alternatively Navigraph Ultimate, or both? If I understand it correctly, they both do a similar, if not the same, thing.

Thank you.

There’s a 30 day free demo of EFB2 if you want to give it a whirl. 😉

Hello,

I have all PMDG commercial airliners, also Majestic Dash, FSLab Airbus.

But for EFBv2 I still need Navigraph Cycles, at least until now I did. Did that change?

And btw. I do own EFBv1, which I love(d).

Edited by SimonC

1 minute ago, deetee said:

There’s a 30 day free demo of EFB2 if you want to give it a whirl. 😉

Already downloading 😉

I have used both, and after getting EFB2 and doing a couple of flights with it, I cancelled my subscription to the Navigraph charts. EFB2 does a far better job in my opinion and gives you every bit of information you need to conduct an IFR flight, with no having to search through charts. Try the demo, and you will be hooked within a few flights. You still want to subscribe to the Airac data, but that is only $29 a year, versus the Ultimate Subscription with the charts that is around $120 a year. The other positive for me is the Navigraph charts when running uses almost 10% of my CPU power, while EFB2 uses an average of 1.5-2%. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Hope I'm not intruding too much.  I bought the EFB V2 and already have a Navigraph [Total] subscription.  I tried to update EFB within the Navigraph tool and it reports success. On starting the EFB Server, however, it still shows 1802  -  wierd.  Regards.

M.

Very Best Wishes,

Dr T. Maurice Murphy

7 minutes ago, Paladin said:

Hope I'm not intruding too much.  I bought the EFB V2 and already have a Navigraph [Total] subscription.  I tried to update EFB within the Navigraph tool and it reports success. On starting the EFB Server, however, it still shows 1802  -  wierd.  Regards.

M.

Go to the Navigraph site and get the manual installer for EFB2, download and run it. It will install 1807.  https://www.navigraph.com/FmsDataManualInstall.aspx

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

TYVM kind sir.  I will give that a go, but I was sure [at 74 I am often wrong 😞 ] that I read somewhere it had already been "fixed" for automatic update. Again, thanks.

M.

Very Best Wishes,

Dr T. Maurice Murphy

On 7/2/2018 at 2:35 PM, SimonC said:

But for EFBv2 I still need Navigraph Cycles, at least until now I did.

It does but you do not need to update the cycles every month if you don't want to. If you save all the manual installers of Navigraph data for one cycle, you can keep on using that cycle for years to come if you want to, even if you reinstall your entire PC. As long as all your addons are sharing the same Navigraph cycle you are good to go. So with EFB2 this means you only have to buy a cycle once and then you could end the Navigraph suscription. This way EFB2 will save you a lot of money: no need for Navigraph subscriptions anymore!

Everyone who does have a complete Navigraph subscription (with charts and all) should at least end that subscription because you would be paying for something EFB2 offers you for a one time price. You then could opt for cycle updates only if you really want to stay up to date every month but I myself don't see the use in that: it's a waste of money imho. Well, unless you fly online and NEED to be up to date.

2 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

EFB2 does a far better job in my opinion and gives you every bit of information you need to conduct an IFR flight, with no having to search through charts.

How do the EFB2 charts compare to the Navigraph ones? I always presumed the Navigraph charts were real and the EFB charts fake. But I guess the EFB charts are totally based on Navigraph data so just as real of fake too... right? They may look different but that doesn't make them fake or less real, I suppose.

EDIT
Wasn't there a video already of EFB2 somewhere...?

Edited by Guest

21 minutes ago, J van E said:

How do the EFB2 charts compare to the Navigraph ones? I always presumed the Navigraph charts were real and the EFB charts fake. But I guess the EFB charts are totally based on Navigraph data so just as real of fake too... right? They may look different but that doesn't make them fake or less real, I suppose.

EDIT

The EFB charts give me every bit of information I need to fly an entire flight. Nothing is missing. When you fly approach for instance, the exact path with all altitudes and speeds are now part of your flightplan. Much more in depth and easier to follow than the Navigraph charts. If both were free, I would immediately choose  EFB. 

25 minutes ago, J van E said:

EDIT

The Demo is free. I watched a couple of videos, some were Ok, others not so much. Better to just download the demo and fly. 

I use navigraph ultimate because of one very simple reason.

All the charts are on there app for an iPad.

0 cpu hit

You can set up flights with the airport charts and save as a flight, nice moving map also.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I want to download the EFB2 demo...but I have to register to download. OMG.  I am tired of registering everywhere, and this is quite annoying to download a demo (will pass for now), but this is an interesting thread.  

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)