Sign in to follow this  
captain420

9 FPS at KJFK in P3D v4.3

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw my frames, this is with the PMDG 777 on the runway at KJFK v2, during the day, no DL on. I have Drzewiecki New York CIty X, and FTX Global, openLC, Vector. FS2Crew, AI traffic, Chaseplane, Rex SKyforce, Active Sky Next.

My graphic settings are by no means over the top at all. I monitor my framerates while on the ground, they hover from 9-14 fps, and once I depart and fly west past New Jersey, then they slowly start to increase to 15-18. I am running at 4K, but to me this area is totally unflyable. I don't think I've experienced any place that took such a dramatic hit on frames before.

The scenery are using the latest versions for P3D v4, so I'm not sure what could be causing this.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

What Vector setting are you using and what performance setting within the FMS in the 777 are you using? 

What also happens if you turn off Drzewiecki New York CIty X ?

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I have a suspicion that NYC X is not optimized for...well anything recent. Prior to 4.3 I'd get a drop in performance, but ever since the 4.3 upgrade my load times into the area and the performance hit have noticeably increased.

My PMDG 777 is pretty much default. Vector settings is also mostly default, mostly everything enabled and I just run the AEC tool to correct elevation. This only happens while at KJFK. I don't see this bad of performance anywhere else. I also don't think Drzewiecki New York City X is optimized for P3D v4 as well. Because I have Seattle City X with Seattle X Airports, and the framerates are much more acceptable.

I do have a feeling it's either New York City X or FSDT KJFK v2 or both that could cause this big loss in performance.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Vector,

I would turn off 70 in vector, leave Highways ON but turn off traffic, primary everything off apart from top 2 options, Secondary Roads again only top two options. Tertiary roads all off.

Railways off

Water options off

Various options only beachers

Try that.

Then also turn off Drzewiecki New York City X

Do a test with just Vector setting as above and report and then turn of  Drzewiecki New York City X and report with both off/tuned.

Hope that helps?

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I will try those tests and see what could be the cause for such a big performance hit.

20 hours ago, captain420 said:

I do have a feeling it's either New York City X or FSDT KJFK v2 or both that could cause this big loss in performance.

Surely it's not FSDT KJFK v2, see my fps sitting on rwy 31 L ( you didn't say which runway you used, so I chose the worse case scenario, facing Manhattan), using both the default 747 and the PMDG 777. 

2018-7-3_15-11-14-759.jpg

2018-7-3_15-11-59-651.jpg

Ist it really only at JFK? 
Could you disable your AI traffic completely and check your fps again?

Saddened to hear you are taking that hit.

I added DD NYC X into my P3D V4.2 this morning, and flew from LatinVFR KBWI to the DD KJFK version in the 777. I had reasonable FPS of 32 upon landing RW31L. I was also using ActiveSky, and ORBX Global, Vector and LC. I do have a high end computer setup, so that may be a factor as well. If i can provide further info, please let me know.

Edited by Bob Marton
typo changed FPS to read 32 sitting at RW31L

2 hours ago, virtuali said:

Surely it's not FSDT KJFK v2, see my fps sitting on rwy 31 L ( you didn't say which runway you used, so I chose the worse case scenario, facing Manhattan), using both the default 747 and the PMDG 777. 

Default 747????????? P3D does not have default 747?

Edited by Matt Bridger

2 hours ago, virtuali said:

5 hours ago, Matt Bridger said:

Which would either mean:

1) My screenshot it's fake

OR

2) I copied/pasted the Simobjects\b747_400 (and 737 and A321 too) folder from FSX to P3D, and thanks to the inclusion of their gauges in P3D, I could use them there and, having assumed everybody would know this, I just said "default 747", instead of "the default 747 that came with FSX, which I copied in P3D4".

Choose either #1 or #2...

Edited by virtuali

I had no idea that you could use the FSX 747 in P3D! Which college did you go to, to study sarcasm or were you just born with it?

Edited by Matt Bridger

17 minutes ago, Matt Bridger said:

I had no idea that you could use the FSX 747 in P3D! Which college did you go to, to study sarcasm or were you just born with it?

It was you that started with a "Default 747????????? P3D does not have default 747?", in response to my screenshot. That looked like a failed sarcasm attempt, if not a vested accusation of faking screens.

Now that you said you had no idea you could use the FSX 747 in P3D, I understand your comment was *just* based on ignorance. And before you say anything: ignorance = "not knowing something", it's not meant as an offense, just the literal meaning of the word.

• Upvote 1

Not sure I follow. You clearly gave the impression that you were talking about the P3D default 747 which doesn't exist.

"Surely it's not FSDT KJFK v2, see my fps sitting on rwy 31 L ( you didn't say which runway you used, so I chose the worse case scenario, facing Manhattan), using both the **default 747** and the PMDG 777. "

• Upvote 1