Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Ultra high res photoreal in Xplane11

Created ultra high res photoreal of Central Arizona made especially for ultralight flying, took the better part of 24 hours to generate this using Ortho4Xp but it was worth it!

John

AalB15m.png
XH1pyke.png
0cswHdK.png
LfIcEZO.png
tiWtnsf.png
YZLtmGM.png
bGZB8mw.png
N0BDWZw.png
FXjbKZR.png
3CRde9I.png
CQJWWLq.png
pqhYWyt.png
ckolfyS.png
TJOO5xS.png
Gx4uIMT.png
ONcKBzK.png
k1jNZkn.png

• Like 4

Looks great! Colors are spot on too.

If only my SSD had room for something like that.

How much room did it take?

• Upvote 1

Scenery looks amazing!

• Upvote 1

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

1 hour ago, skully said:

Looks great! Colors are spot on too.

If only my SSD had room for something like that.

How much room did it take?

About 125 GB to cover all of Maricopa County and Arizona from Phoenix down to Tucson.  I created the scenery for low and slow VFR flight in the ultralight, Cessna, even the PC-12 (Carenado) from Phoenix to Tuscon, there is nothing more enjoyable than hands on, no autopilot VFR flight with real scenery to fly over.  As my CFI taught me when I was taking my Light Sport lessons out of Falcon field in Mesa, Arizona, look OUT the window, quit hypnotizing yourself on those instruments!

John

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Cactus521 said:

About 125 GB to cover all of Maricopa County and Arizona from Phoenix down to Tucson.  I created the scenery for low and slow VFR flight in the ultralight, Cessna, even the PC-12 (Carenado) from Phoenix to Tuscon, there is nothing more enjoyable than hands on, no autopilot VFR flight with real scenery to fly over.  As my CFI taught me when I was taking my Light Sport lessons out of Falcon field in Mesa, Arizona, look OUT the window, quit hypnotizing yourself on those instruments!

John

Haha! Getting an early start on your IFR ticket?

Just find a suitable bug splat on the windscreen to line up on the horizon.

What LSA are you flying?

I was flying a Remos GX.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, skully said:

Haha! Getting an early start on your IFR ticket?

Just find a suitable bug splat on the windscreen to line up on the horizon.

What LSA are you flying?

I was flying a Remos GX.

I was flying the included Aerolight 103 in Xplane11.  I love it, they nailed the performance envelope of an ultralight when they added it to Xplane, I wanted something to fly low and slow so I had to make the scenery to match, so I could enjoy the landscape up close and personal, I have hours and hours of places to fly now in my home state, with my hand on the stick, playing with the winds aloft, practicing slips coming in to land at the airstrips I find.  I still love P3DV4.3 for high altitude, long distance flight although Xplane11 fulfills that too with its excellent default mesh, landclass and atmospherics world wide.  I am a two sim hobbyist, P3DV4.3 is fun for IFR flight, taking off from a cloudy Phoenix, flying non-stop to Heathrow like I did in real life last year on British Airways, punching down thru the clouds near minimums lined up with the runway, then hand flying down to touchdown.

I just love what our sims have become, they cater to those of us passionate about the commercial use of flying and how it brings people together in this world.  When I took my LSA lessons I flew a Fantasy Air Allegro 2000, which was almost like a motorglider but had gnarly stall characteristics, and could get in a spin if you were not ready on the rudder.  That is why I chose to be a renter, not a buyer, and when I fly I always have a CFI with me since I still fly under a LSA student license, having chosen not to solo, just could not talk fast enough for ATC, I stutter sometimes.

John

• Like 1

Very nice color....outstanding work!

HLJAMES

• Like 1