Sign in to follow this  
fluffyflops

fsl 319 released

So I spent a day shuttling between Belfast City, Heathrow and Manchester with my BA Airbus guy today and he was very, very impressed with the A319-X. 

The windscreen bug FX sounds like a gimmick but it’s actually incredibly immersive and yet rather subtle at the same time. It also adds to the sense of looking through a pane of glass, so feels much more realistic. I like it a lot.  

Performance is good and this is a worthy addition to any serious simmer’s hangar. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

Ill shall be flying that 319 around Colombia this week with the callsign "pickford 1"

Edited by tooting
  • Upvote 3

14ppkc-6.png

38 minutes ago, tooting said:

Ill shall be flying that 319 around Colombia this week with the callsign "pickford 1"

Colombia is fun flying -- Medellin, Bogota etc. all fun departures and arrivals.   Good territory to fly the A319 at high altitude airports.  I'm not sure if some of the old LatinVFR scenery (like Cali, Medellin, etc.) works in P3Dv4, but I know their MGGT scenery does -- so there's a chance the Colombian stuff will, too.

Edited by Mace

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

15 hours ago, Airline2Sim said:

So I spent a day shuttling between Belfast City, Heathrow and Manchester with my BA Airbus guy today and he was very, very impressed with the A319-X. 

The windscreen bug FX sounds like a gimmick but it’s actually incredibly immersive and yet rather subtle at the same time. It also adds to the sense of looking through a pane of glass, so feels much more realistic. I like it a lot.  

Performance is good and this is a worthy addition to any serious simmer’s hangar. 

I agree however I would even go further the best out there in our virtual world...

Sometimes we have software in a high quality that it only make sense to run and purchase that good...

What have we come a long way back from FS4 and up....

Edited by awf
  • Like 2

André

I agree. They did a superb job. Flslabs and PMDG are at the top when you're in for flying airliners and you like following correct procedures and you are looking for flightsim immersion. The a319x is the absolute dream come true. 

Jos

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Airline2Sim said:

High praise indeed. Adding on from what Andre and Jos say above. 

FSL now just seem to add more and more polish to there A320/A319. The  FSL A320/A319 is not about failures it a sum of all it parts, its breathtaking from sitting there on GPU to you arriving and putting it back on a GPU.

The new eye candy is not just eye candy, drive your car in the summer and your windscreen get murdered by bugs, they can block or distract you visions. There new custom rain is on a level trueglass can only dream off. The rain running up the screen with speed and more coming down when you break is not only great but natural and like the aircraft itself just feels right.

No other aircraft I have captures the immersion so well. I love the PMDG NG and I also think the Maddog is a fantastic addon. The majestic Q400 is probably the closest in quality but is a totally different class of aircraft to a jet like A2A is the best for GA but the complexity of a GA is nothing to a Airbus. If I had to only have one aircraft in my hanger it would not even be a choise FSL Axxx all day everyday. Anyone who has not tried it does not know what there missing because until you load this aircraft into your own sim you truly have no idea what it gives you and that has nothing to do with failures.

Comments about "well just put the de-icing on as it's in the checklist so the icing is pointless" No it's not because most simmer unlike real life fly solo and as humans we make mistakes and the FSL will give you them consequences even if IRL you and your human Co pilot will not make them. There is no FS2Crew for the FSL yet, we fly sole and we can make mistakes.

Also now there is good reason to do let ground crews do de-Iceing, because like IRL you now need to.

When there is no consequences to your wrong doings what do you have left? not a lot. The more eye candy we have the better but there are two types, eye candy that means something and eye candy that means nothing. Both are nice but give be the ones that can have real consequences all day long over fluff.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

The sounds...oh my the sounds!  I think after much tweaking of both sound sets they’ve finally nailed it.  I’m a sucker for engine growl on takeoff and I can’t help but grin when i push the throttles forward.  The sense of power in the soundset is amazing.

I find that sound is the biggest immersion factor for me and this aircraft nails it. 

Edited by regis9
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Are the A319 repaints only accessible to download, AFTER the A319 has been added to P3D v4.3? Reason I ask is when I tried to download from the forum, it said' not accessible....'.

12 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Are the A319 repaints only accessible to download, AFTER the A319 has been added to P3D v4.3? Reason I ask is when I tried to download from the forum, it said' not accessible....'.

You have to register your 319 like you did with the 320 in your settings on the forums. Then you can Download. 

In the forum you become a verified user for the A320/A319. Enjoy Rick!

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

.... double post....

Edited by Nyxx

9 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

In the forum you become a verified user for the A320/A319. Enjoy Rick!

Already am, thanks, David. The A320 liveries were okay to download, no issues there.

2 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Already am, thanks, David. The A320 liveries were okay to download, no issues there.

Had same issue. You need the register the A319 in your forum account in addition to the A320 to see the A319 liveries.

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

FSL now just seem to add more and more polish to there A320/A319....

Agree with everything you said, the A319X is in a whole new class, and is classy with a capital F. 😉

Ditto to last post.

Having seen the FSL crew at FlightSin2017 at RAF Cosford, and having been mightily impressed first-hand there, I must say they have taken this to another level. At last we are a true 64-bit stratosphere.

• Like 1

Spent a few more hours with it today and I quite agree about the sounds. Pushing the thrust levers into the FLX gate actually puts a smile on my face. I also had a go at my first LOC DME approach having been showed how to do it yesterday and it really does it all remarkably well. 

Without wanting to derail the thread into the thorny subject of FS Labs recent woes, I for one am glad that they are still in the business of making aircraft. For years we’ve been crying out for a true study level Airbus that performs and looks great. Many have tried (a few not very hard) and none have ever hit the sweet spot. But this really does. 

• Like 5

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com