Sign in to follow this  
nhagag

Can Someone Help solve my Dilemma

Hello Fellow simmers

I have a PC that is >5 years old, Windows 10 latest update, Assus MOB, Nvidea 1080Ti, 16 Gig Ram, Core i7 (6 core/12 thread) 3.1 GHZ, 1TB WD SSD, Creative Sound card.

I have both P3D 4.2 and P3D 3.4 installed for various ADDons (e.g. the ConcordeX and ES Cessna 750 etc for P3D3 and PMDGs., FSLAbs for P3D4)

PC completely crashed. My thought are MOB, CPU, Power Supply.

I decided to by a new GIG and it is on its way:

Windows 10; ASROCK Z370 MOB; Intel i7 8700K, 500GB SSD M.2 NVME, 16 GB DDR4 266; 850W BitFenix Power supply (will use my Nvidea 1080Ti and sound card)

I plan to install all add ons from scratch

The dilemma I have is what to do with the 1TB SSD drive with Windows 10 installed and registry info of all my add ons etc.

Anyway to deactivate window 10 on this SSD and use that as back; storage, downloads etc.

Sincerely

Bill

C:|mydocuments\mypictures\my signature.htm

Just delete the Windows 10 folder.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Hi Robin

You mean: 

I can start my new PC with two SSDs with windows 10 and I can delete the Windows 10 folder from the older SSD?

How about all the SIM ADD ON on that disc? That is what is causing my hesitation.

Thanks

Bill

The PC should be set up to boot from the primary or the new drive,wirh Windows 10 on it. 

The older drive, not being the boot drive, then has a redundant version of Windows 10 that can be deleted. 

My older laptop crashed, and I took the drive out and am using it as a secondary drive, after deleting Windows 10 & moving everything I wanted to a portable hard drive, then I reformatted it. Just to clean it up, then I moved the stuff I wanted to keep back onto it. 

So, in a nutshell, If you are booting up from the new drive, Windows 10 can be deleted from the old one. 

• Like 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Great

Thanks Robin

Bill