Sign in to follow this  
Jpc

Default 737 FMC (XP11)

First let me start by saying how brilliant P2A is.  I’m a newish simmer and went all in and bought the program.  I enjoy flying true to life routes using default 737.  The biggest issue is the SID’s and STAR’s are outdated so I purchased the latest AIRAC cycle and made sure both the FMC and P2A were in sync.  

I was really excited to see that the FMC was much more accurate, however it seems that There are discrepancies between xplane and P2A.  As an example one of CYYZ STAR, RAGID3, also in FMC, has different waypoints associated with it.  I usually plot my route through P2A, validate and file, radio it in then manually program my FMC once it’s confirmed.  This example has P2A fly my through 3 more waypoints associated with that star while FMC is not.  

Perhaps making sure both FMC and P2A are matching before radioing it in? Other than exporting flight plans how do you approach this?

thanks!

I have the Navigraph account, am currently on the 1807 cycle, and have not experienced any discrepancies between Navigraph and P2A. Have you made sure to update the nav data for both XP11 and P2A with Navigraph FMS data manager? P2A shows the cycle you're on in the title of the main window.

Could you give your whole route, I could try to reproduce it and cross-check?

Yes both are on the same cycle.  I verified P2A header as well as in game FMC.

Route: CYUL to CYYZ

BOBKI MELTI TORNI RAGID3

(YUL has no SID’s)

im not in game right now so cannot exactly tell you waypoints associated with RAGID3 from P2A but I can tell you that it adds 3 more waypoints that FMC does  not.  This causes ATC to tell me I’m going off-course for a while until I close the triangle to the next compatible waypoint.

Need to know what runway you were landing at as there are 4 different RADIG3 arrivals, depending on the runway. It can be possible you chose the wrong one.

Yeah that route matches what P2A gave me as well.  I did not subscribe for the charts, just the FMS airac cycles upgrades...  is it why my fmc version of RAGID3 is different? I made sure in FMC status screen it was up to date as well

If I have understood correctly, the AIRAC cycle gives all the necessary background data for the FMC: fixes, airways, arrivals, approaches etc. So that should be enough, no charts needed. Sry I can't be of help - maybe Dave has something to say here.

Alright once I get back on I will recreate the route and post screenshots in this thread.  There is a possibility I made a misstep while programming the FMC in this case I will come back and deem this thread resolved.

Thank you 

Here I am again.  Tried the same route

CYUL to CYYZ, RW24R to RW15L

BOBKI MELTI TORNI RAGID3

P2A gives me LIBEM IGSAP UDNOX RAGID as part of the STAR while the B737 FMC goes from TORNI straight to RAGID bypassing 3 waypoints on the way.  Everything else matches.  Can anybody provide a solution? Is it that default FMC is not accurate and I should get a different plugin?

thabks again

I mean I can just remove waypoints manually on P2A to match FMC but which one is at issue? 

P2A would seem to be correct in this case.

Because the course from TORNI to RAGID is basically a straight line on course 250, you can just fly it as the FMC has it and you should be OK.  P2A will not call you off course or anything in this case.

It would seem the FMC is not displaying the route properly.  Here's the data found in the X-Plane Procedures for the TORNI transition and it has the same waypoints as P2A.

STAR,RAGID3,TORNI,4
IF,TORNI,45.100278,-76.231936, ,0.0,0.0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
TF,LIBEM,44.810833,-76.959167,0, ,0.0,0.0,0.0,0.0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
TF,IGSAP,44.517069,-77.679494,0, ,0.0,0.0,0.0,0.0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
TF,UDNOX,44.354986,-78.068775,0, ,0.0,0.0,0.0,0.0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
TF,RAGID,44.041944,-78.805000,0, ,0.0,0.0,0.0,0.0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0

Dave

Thanks Dave

P2A indeed does match the charts.  As your Xplane procedure data shows the correct waypoints I have to assume the FMC is wrong.  Off to find a working plugin then!

thank all for your help