Sign in to follow this  
Hotshotp

Reflection lag

So, on some planes in xplane 11 videos, I saw that the reflections on the underbelly of the aircraft are laggy - they are 2 fps - how do you make them higher frame rate, because it ruins the whole realism for me

4 minutes ago, mcmini said:

So, on some planes in xplane 11 videos, I saw that the reflections on the underbelly of the aircraft are laggy - they are 2 fps - how do you make them higher frame rate, because it ruins the whole realism for me

I don´t think you can - I feel the same way, so I set the reflections to "minimum". It still looks ok, but since they are not updated, it doesn´t look so stupid and choppy. I think having a higher framerate for the reflections would kill the framerate, thats why LR didn´t implement that. It will have to wait for faster computers.

Cheers, Jan

32 minutes ago, Janov said:

I don´t think you can - I feel the same way, so I set the reflections to "minimum". It still looks ok, but since they are not updated, it doesn´t look so stupid and choppy. I think having a higher framerate for the reflections would kill the framerate, thats why LR didn´t implement that. It will have to wait for faster computers.

Cheers, Jan

I wish I could contact laminar to add a setting that would change it. Only people with fast computers could use it without killing for, but still.

I am new to X-plane and noticed that too. I have seen the same thing in AreoflyFS2. Personally I think the reflection look very good on the lowest setting. I am guessing its GPU rather than a CPU issue. But that's just a guess. What I love about X-Plane is that adjusting graphics setting for performance is very easy and fast.

Reflections are unfortunately a CPU task. It would really be a big waste to use it for frequently updated reflections...

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

5 hours ago, Airfighter said:

We might see improvements after Vulkan implementation.

Tell me more please. I heard about it switching to Vulcan, but nothing specific at all