Sign in to follow this  
n99wb

4.3 and the C-130

I can't get it started.  Any links where I might find a clue?

Thanks,

N99WB

1 hour ago, n99wb said:

Thanks,

N99WB

You too, huh? 

Mario Di Lauro

1 hour ago, n99wb said:

Thanks,

N99WB

Ctrl+E or use this method below for start procedure.  I created it when i owned the CS C-130 for FSX.

Battery                                                  -TO ISOLATED DC BUS

Co-Pilots AC Instruments                      -ISOLATED DC BUS

AC INST & FVM CONT                          -ESSENTIAL AC BUS

GTC Door Switch                                    -OPEN

GTC Main Switch                                    -START (returns to the RUN position when released)

Wait for the GREEN light - then

Bleed Air Valve Switch                              -OPEN

ATM Control Switch                                   -ON

ATM Generator Switch                               -RESET then move to ATM GENERATORS

Engine Bleed Air Valves #1, #2, #3 & #4   -OPEN

Engine #3 Condition Lever                         -AIR START (returns to RUN position when released)

Engine Ground Start Button #3                 -*PRESS and release.

After engine #3 starts

Generator Selector Switch #3                      -OPEN/ON

Engine #4 Condition Lever                          -AIR START (returns to RUN position when released)

Engine Ground Start Button #4                  -*PRESS and release

After engine #4 starts

Generator Selector Switch #4                      -OPEN/ON

ATM Generator Switch                                 -OFF

Bleed Air Valve Switch                                -CLOSED

GTC Main Switch                                         -OFF

GTC Door Switch                                           -CLOSED

Engine #1 Condition Lever                              -AIR START (returns to RUN position when released)

Engine Ground Start Button #1                       -*PRESS and release

After engine #1 starts

Generator Selector Switch #1                            -OPEN/ON

Engine #2 Condition Lever                                   -AIR START (returns to RUN position when released)

Engine Ground Start Button #2                             -*PRESS and release

After engine #2 starts

Generator Selector Switch #2                                    -OPEN/ON

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

Hi ‘n99wb‘,

I updated to v4.3 last night and went for an enjoyable spin in the C-130. I switched from another default a/c and the C-130 loaded with the engines running without any further interventions by me.

Regards,

Mike

Edit: I do wish posters would use their given names when signing off. When I reply to posters who insist on preserving their anonymity it’s like replying to a robot. Surely we are above all that nonsense here at AVSIM?

Edit (2): Thanks Jason, I’ve copied your helpful startup procedure for future reference.

@jason99vmi
Thanks for that! Look forward to giving the Hercules a spin once I've installed v4.3.

45 minutes ago, Cruachan said:

Edit: I do wish posters would use their given names when signing off. When I reply to posters who insist on preserving their anonymity it’s like replying to a robot. Surely we are above all that nonsense here at AVSIM?

I completely disagree. Anonymity is a user choice that is permitted here and is frankly just good practice on a public forum. Asking for real names on the internet is akin to asking you to display your name outside of your property.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Thanks Mike and Jason,

Bill

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, F737NG said:

I completely disagree. Anonymity is a user choice that is permitted here and is frankly just good practice on a public forum. Asking for real names on the internet is akin to asking you to display your name outside of your property.

Perhaps this is true on some other forums, but not here. How does the divulging of your given name threaten to elevate your paranoia and compromise your identity?

On AVSIM I regard it as being a simple, friendly gesture and is showing respect to others who take the time to participate and especially to those who make the effort to offer their assistance.

Mike

Back on topic....

I am curious about the new free C-130, always a little skeptical of free aircraft I wonder if LM implemented a single shaft turboprop engine or does the simulation rely on the default free wheeling turbine/propeller modeled on the PT6?  Are the props geared or free wheeling?

Dan Downs KCRP

The C130 is a reincarnation of the old FSX CaptainSim C-130 with the same unfixed warts (such as use of a mouse scroll wheel on the Hdg/Course knobs result in it freewheeling until you click on it).

Apparently LM licensed it as they did with some of the other default acft.

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

3 minutes ago, w6kd said:

The C130 is a reincarnation of the old FSX CaptainSim C-130 with the same unfixed warts (such as use of a mouse scroll wheel on the Hdg/Course knobs result in it freewheeling until you click on it).

Apparently LM licensed it as they did with some of the other default acft.

Regards

Thanks Bob; so, default PT6 style engines. Anyone that has flown the PMDG JS4100 can appreciate how different a single shaft engine is to operate from the King Air kind of turboprop.  I'll continue to pass on this one.

Dan Downs KCRP

2 hours ago, downscc said:

Back on topic....

I am curious about the new free C-130, always a little skeptical of free aircraft I wonder if LM implemented a single shaft turboprop engine or does the simulation rely on the default free wheeling turbine/propeller modeled on the PT6?  Are the props geared or free wheeling?

Its the same modelling and systems as Captainsim gave us a decade ago. I haven't played with it, but from what I've seen its inherited the Free spooling turbine modified to look like a direct drive feel to it.  I don't think LM did anything to the CS systems modelling so still plenty of quirky bugs to go with it.

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

Tried the C130 just for fun as I flew it often many moons ago in FSX and its age does show.

I found that the plane does not display a normal stall behavior in P3D, when it stalls it just suddenly tumbles out of the sky, completely out of control with no warning. Any one else experienced this?

Johan Pienaar

14 hours ago, pinepix62 said:

I found that the plane does not display a normal stall behavior in P3D, when it stalls it just suddenly tumbles out of the sky, completely out of control with no warning. Any one else experienced this?

I have no idea what normal stall behavior is for a C130 but watch this video: