Sign in to follow this  
Noel

Help! FS9 splash screen, then quickly shuts down . . .

Was flying high yesterday, then today I try to load up and go and when I execute fs9.exe, the splash screen shows, then stops initializing. This happens quickly--within a 2-4 seconds after the splash screen shows up it closes down to the desktop.In an attempt to fix whatever is ailing, I deleted FS9.cfg. No joy. I also recalled I had installed ActiveCamera update yesterday in order to restore mouse-panning. This maneuver resolved my mysterious loss of mouse panning (maybe I hit F12 and didn't realize it), and it is the only thing I can think of that may have lead to this. Otherwise, can't think of anything I did that may have lead to this. I deleted ActiveCamera also today in an attempt to cure my initialization failure. Again, a new fs9.cfg did not resolve the issue.Any help, much appreciated. Many hours of restall time ahead if I can't figure out what happened. I did make sure the CD was readable, and it appears to be so in Explorer.Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Guest wayupthere

Noel, try using this program http://www.ranainside.com/software_flightsim_manager.htmlThe second button from the right has the feature of checking for errors within fs. Maybe that can help you finding out whats wrong.ps. have you cheched windows event viewer, and see what crashed in more detail?

Thank you Davis I will check out fs mgr. I have not check event viewer but will after I try fs mgr.Thanks,Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

FS Manager gave no insights, but I did trace it down by viewing the log file from FilemonNT. You could see the file that was accessed that trigger a whole slew of fs9.exe CLOSE requests had to do with ActiveRader.cfg. I renamed the file and voila, problem solved. Thanks again,Noel

Noel

Hi Noel,Please do a uninstall/reinstall of AS. If you need a new link you can write directly to me. This is the first I have seen this. Let's see if a fresh installation clears this up for you.Hope this helps,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/Active Sky V6 Development Team Active Sky V6 Proud SupporterHiFi Beta TeamRadar Contact Supporter: http://www.jdtllc.com/AirSource Member: http://www.air-source.us/FSEconomy Member:http://dot.kelder.net:8080/fseconomy/

Hi Jim,I'd rather not because all is well now. I think something happened when I hit either F12 or CTRL F12 in an attempt to try anything to get mouse-panning working in ActiveCamera. In any case, I just disabled ActiveRadar.cfg by renaming it ActiveRader.cf_g and as I say, problem solved. If you wish I'd be willing to rename it ActiveRadar.cfg and try to duplicate the issue then run filemonNT and see but would rather hold off on the other request.Addendum: just opend ActiveRadar.cf_g only to find no content whatsoever. Not sure how it happened but there you have it!Noel

Noel