Sign in to follow this  
N2382R

KIND Scenery

Anything out there? Found something in the library and wasn't able to install it successfully. Love the airport.

Not much worth payware.  I've looked too.  The freeware AFCAD airports for FSX in the library will work, but you need to use Scruffy Duck's Airport Design Editor (ADE) to activate the runway/taxiway flags in the AFCADs, then recompile the AFCAD .bgl file for use in P3D.  It's not hard, but for someone who has never done it, it will seem like a daunting task until they are taught or learn how to do it.  You may also initially need to add the scenery library objects to ADE the AFCAD designer used for the FSX scenery, or ADE won't be able to make some airport buildings, etc display in the recompiled P3D AFCAD.

Edited by FalconAF

Rick Ryan

Taxi2Gate is working on Indianapolis Intl. Not sure when it will be released thou.
I bought Blue Print Simulations KIND years ago for FSX. I now have it working in P3Dv4.3. But I only use the terminal, FedEx, and other buildings. They look dated but it's better than nothing. I then completely redid the entire airport AFCAD in ADE. Still a WIP. Also recently added SODE jetways. Blue Print released 2 versions of KIND in 2008. One with the old terminal and the other with new midfield terminal.

Sounds like both of you could help a brother out and upload some files to the library.... 🙂 Thanks for the responses.

So I recompiled but now I don't have taxiway or ramp textures. All taxiways and gates, buildings, etc are there...just no taxiway or ramp. Thoughts/suggestions?

11 hours ago, N2382R said:

So I recompiled but now I don't have taxiway or ramp textures. All taxiways and gates, buildings, etc are there...just no taxiway or ramp. Thoughts/suggestions?

Do a GOOGLE search using "Airport Design Editor Taxiway Draw Flags" to get a large list of help posts for the issue.  Note some of the posts will be quite old because the issue goes all the way back to the earliest versions of P3D.

Also note that you can't "fix" all AFCAD airports using JUST the Draw Flag thing.  Most of them...but not all of them you will find in forum libraries.  There is a KIND AFCAD file in the AVSIM library like this.  Just resetting the draw flags will result in exactly what you are seeing after the recompile.  Been there...done that...got the same T-shirt you are experiencing.  You probably downloaded the same KIND AFCAD and it won't work with that one.  Have you tried a different KIND AFCAD?

Note:  I deliberately did not post any particular link on how to fix this issue.  The more posts someone reads about it, the better their understanding will be about how to "fix" it.  For instance, some people try to use ADE without having the P3D SDK installed.  Ain't gonna work if you want to recompile an airport.  Also the recompile may kick out an error message about "scenery library objects not available" or "black boxes" or something similar.  But it won't tell you HOW to fix THAT (there are missing scenery library objects in the AFCAD that need to be added to ADE).  The end user needs to get a thorough understanding of a number of things that could go wrong while using ADE.  It's a powerful tool for us, but can take a little time in learning how to use it. 

Edited by FalconAF

Rick Ryan

11 hours ago, N2382R said:

Sounds like both of you could help a brother out and upload some files to the library.... 🙂 Thanks for the responses.

I don't design airports myself.  So I don't have any "ownership rights" AFCADs of my own to upload and share.

And I won't take someone else's AFCAD, modify it, then upload it to the library.  It's not mine to do that.

What I will do is tell people where they can find the information to learn how to do what they want to do themselves.  That comes from being an Instructor in the Air Force for 8 of my 26 years there.  I'm a firm believer in....

"Give a Man a fish and you'll feed him for a day.  Teach a Man to fish and you'll feed him for a lifetime."  

• Upvote 1

Rick Ryan