Sign in to follow this  
SquawkModeCharlie

ATR Progress?

Anyone have any idea on the progress of the ATR?.

I've honesty been waiting for a new ATR since the flight1 product back in FS2004 that didn't port well to FSX:SE.

It seems that they had some sort of issue with some other company that claimed copyrights. So, it's probably delayed.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

That was resolved (see second page here: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/537635-we-think-that-our-atr-has-been-copied ) and in any case wouldn't have slowed us down since we knew we were clean. Things are progressing, keep in mind it is a very complex aircraft and we are attempting to do it for 2 simulators, (XP11 and P3Dv4) and having to feel our way around one which we haven't done before.

• Like 2

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

As soon as McPhats model/paint team made that (false) accusation, I KNEW it would never stop coming back. 

So, again, we proved, without ANY doubt whatsoever, that this accusation was false and we got an apology for this from them.  

Project is moving ahead.

Nuff said. 

• Like 4

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

8 hours ago, edpatino said:

It seems that they had some sort of issue with some other company that claimed copyrights. So, it's probably delayed.

Cheers, Ed

bad idea speculating in light of facts saying otherwise....

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

2 hours ago, kdfw__ said:

bad idea speculating in light of facts saying otherwise....

Sorry to disagree, but this has really happened, is not a speculation. If you read above, Milviz had the time to respond and hopefully we all have soon this much anticipated bird.

Cheers, Ed

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Can you guys reléase the plane with a set of 2d panels??

( overhead, dash, fgcp + lateral auto/man speed magenta and the ewd+mfd+radio/nav controls below the throttle quadrant and below the mcdu´s would be sufficient )

So far planes like maddog and others have completely disregarded multimonitor homecockpit builders and it is a shame.

Edited by warning23

It's under consideration but....

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Hoping the -72 has the Honeywell FMS. And/Or the option to fly Older 72s and 42s that were just radio navigation, no FMS.

Good luck on the bird Milviz.

qwsig_Emil02-1.gif

It will have the Thales FMS.  Not the Honeywell.  Not sure that the 72 even has the Honeywell...

the ATR 600 comes only with Thales. It is an only FMS based aircraft.

The 500 is the one with honeywell or no FMS at all.

Edited by warning23

On 7/4/2018 at 8:43 PM, Milviz said:

As soon as McPhats model/paint team made that (false) accusation, I KNEW it would never stop coming back. 

So, again, we proved, without ANY doubt whatsoever, that this accusation was false and we got an apology for this from them.  

Project is moving ahead.

Nuff said. 

This is an old thread that someone pointed out to me since McPhat is being mentioned. The company is dormant, but I do want to clarify one thing. I read that this has been settled between the modeler and Milviz, I think that is a good thing but public forums shouldn't be the way to work things out. I was the project and executive manager on the ATR72 development in that role I was responsible for meeting deadlines on our side and go over legal matters (infringment, pirating, commercial licensing, etc) if any. This issue hasn't been brought to my attention by anyone. That means that while the ATR product has been a joint-development by McPhat Studios and Aerosoft, we have not OK'ed taking things public as the modeler did... I haven't even heard about the issue until I read the topics on the forum. That means that the modeler has taken matters public on personal note, so there is no accusation from the McPhat Studios team nor does the modeler represent the company or its view in any way. If there was any issue or doubts about the legitimacy, then it is a matter that the publisher (Aerosoft) and developer (McPhat Studios) would resolve with the other company/person (in this case MilViz) with minimum public exposure if any.

We have been away from the scene for quite some years now, but let me be clear on this: Serious matters such as these are not the ones we are resolving on the public forum. If we would have reason to doubt the legitimacy of the ATR Milviz development, we would have found a way to reach out to them and if unsuccesful push out an official release that represents the view of the company in the matter and that release would either be signed by me in my executive role,  by the person leading McPhat Studios or by a representing lawyer if needed. We're not sending out modelers who don't even work for us anymore and haven't for years or painters out to make public statements on our behalf. That would be a pretty ridiculous thing for us to do anno 2018. Summarizing, MilViz has been falsely accused by the modeler on personal note. Since this happened on personal note, he has also apologized on personal note. As the company that adopted the ATR development and gave it wings with Aerosoft, we dissociate ourselves from the words of the modeler as we have not reviewed the issue, nor granted anyone permission to make any representing announcement on the matter. 

With that being said, I do wish MilViz a fruitful development and hope that with this message you do understand that the accusations are not ours, nor do we support them.

Edited by Dhierin Bechai

Thanks.