Hi,

Trouble with Speech assistant and help grammar and Phrases to say.

Yesterday, I was installing and testing the Pilot2ATC software for the first time.
I succeeded to make it work BUT for the "help grammar" functions related.
Pilot2ATC was not able to display "Phrases to say" in the grammar help function.
The Speech assistant ?+ had no sentence, neither the ? button.

It took me an evening of tribulations and efforts, but I think I understand the reason.
On my PC, I logon to an unpriviledge windows account (standard user) for security reasons let's call it Paul's account .
The install program of Pilot2ATC requires the priviledge (admin) account (I have to type my admin password) which is fine and most install programs do.
However, I saw, as it was quickly displayed in the install windows, that the Grammar help XML file is put in the admin/AppData/ directory not in my Paul/Appdata directory.

That's why the Pilot2ATC which I run as Paul is able to find the grammar but not the help grammar.
I saw in some post that you suggested to run Pilot2ATC as an administrateur, this doesn't work for me because I'm on a trial licence.

Please, put everything in the regular install directory ;-) 

And BTW, your software is fantastic.

Chris.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Chris,

Thanks for the report.  

I suspect the issue is that your "Paul" account is not the administrator, so you can't right-click the program and choose "Run as Administrator".  

I will look at how to avoid this in the future.

Thanks again,

Dave