Sign in to follow this  
greg100o

GE Pro over LAX- Farmland

OK, I went ahead and bought GE Pro. I agree the textures look great.But I seem to notice that some areas like Los Angeles which when viewed from the air is mostly dense housing, businesses etc now seems to be alot of farmland/rural textures.I use Realscene USA for the Landclass and Terrain Mesh.I am wondering if anyone else has observed a change like this from GE or default textures?Also crop circles on Molokai? I would expect those more in the Midwest.There is mention for those with UT to let GE Pro handle the residential areas, so maybe it places its own landclass or something.Greg

Greg Clark

I use UT And GEP and my Los Angeles is it's usual endless grid of roads and freeways. So I think your LC is playing up there.I have an FS Genesis landclass running underneath and UT over the top for all the urban stuff.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Guest Peter Wilding

hi there Greg,Just to clarify Greg, GE PRO does not change the landclass density so it follows the intention that FS9 wants to follow. Yes, GE PRO has crop circles but they are the same code numbers or names so if they are there in FS9 they'll be there in GE PRO also.That said some textures like FSscene or BEV may change the landclass by making a rural type texture a built up texture but we don't do that. I'm not sure if the said texture products do make such a change, I'm just suggesting it could be that you are comparing GE PRO with "another" set that maybe does make such changes. Now; landcalss wise and texture wise the GE PRO should repsect the FS9 intentions very well so we only put a crop circle where fS 9 default textures would put a crop circle and we only put a rual where FS9 would default textures would put a rual or suburb or city texture as the case may be.Our intention is to fully respect the SDK guide lines laid out by FS9 so really you should find our work is very much in keeping with they way it should look.If you do find something that is wrong, compared to FS9 then please let us know. That said, what we can't do is fix the base FS9 BGL which may have some areas looking wrong even with the FS9 default textures.I hope some of this is making sense.Regards,

Greg,I also have RealScene USA. If you look at the ads for the program you will notice that, by default, it displays less ground evironment. Although its a land class addon, it greatly reduces the environmental screnery textures. I loved the depth of the hills and valleys created by RealScence, but I disliked the its reduced ground environment features. I used RealScene with the default FS9 textures and enjoyed it, but with Ultimate Terrain or Ground Environment Pro, I have removed the program from my simulator.Tom

Tom,Since UT only inludes urban land class, did you purchase the landclass from FG to fill in the rural areas? I could imagine keeping the mesh from Real Scene which does look nice, but overwriting the land class part with FG, which seems to be a better land class add on.Greg

Greg Clark

Greg,Thanks for the tip. UT USA is a great addon program, but somewhere, somehow the I developed a dislike for the program. I have a number of addon aircraft, but most recently I have developed a strong interest in GA aircraft.My FS9 system is supported on a 2.4 Ghz processor which is showing its age with every new addon product. I liked UT, a lot, but if I remember correctly, is that when I flew GA aircraft at lower elevations, with FS9 graphics set higher, it took my processr a little more time to catch up. That catch up time resulted in a small quantity of blurries. This was seen in larger cities, such as Seattle, Chicago, and even Minneapolis. These blurries were not caused by the UT USA program as much as they were caused by my FS9 display settings. Prior to upgrading my video board, I removed UT, but I did not check the removal instructions as close as I should have and I end up in having to reload my FS9 software (twice). In both reinstallation cases, it was my fault for the error. Right after upgrading my video board the first version of GE was introduced. I purchased the program and I have been very happy with how it is displayed within FPS and the very limited blurries (mostly caused by heavy clouds) that I have seen to date.When I installed UT over RealScene, the "wide" open spaces were still were displayed. Also the same occured with GE and GE Pro. I believe that the RealScene program may reduce/inhibit some of the scenery tiles to increase its/maintain FPS rates. That statement represents my best guess, but with no available data to support my analysis. Again, I am in no way talking down UT USA or RealScene. I just find GE Pro is a better fit for my current FS9 system.Tom

Tom,I appreciate the detail. I might experiment with adding the FS Genesis Landclass over the Realscene and see what it does with GE Pro.Greg

Greg Clark