Sign in to follow this  
Mehdi M

Three decimal places VHF at EHAM ?

Hi everyone,

Im having this odd problem: I updated my P3Dv3 Navaids using this websitehttp://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html . I then started my usual flight from EHAM and noticed I couldn't ask permission to taxi (yes I do use ATC in P3D). I believe the reason for this is that I can't tune the actual frequency 121.558 on the 737NGX's VHF, it just has 2 decimal places. My 737 is up-to-date by the way. Any solution to offer other than rolling back my navaids to an older version ??

Thanks,

Mehdi Mezhoud

Where did you get that frequency from? That's none of the Schiphol Ground frequencies.. Actually that's no EHAM frequency at all... 

Schiphol GND are 121.705, 121.805, 121.590, 121,905 and 121,560. 

I'm not sure right now how it is supposed to work with the third decimal here (the 5) but I guess 121.805 is simply 121.80.

Edited by Ephedrin

16 minutes ago, Ephedrin said:

I'm not sure right now how it is supposed to work with the third decimal here (the 5) but I guess 121.805 is simply 121.80.

I would've thought so myself, but apparently not for P3D...

As for the frequencies, I have no idea, it's just the GND frequency I have to use on my software so idk. Im not sure how accurate the website I linked in my first post is, but that's the frequency it installed for EHAM. I've just rolled back to the old one, now it's just 121.55

Are frequencies usually accurate on P3D ? Cause for big airports they gotta chose one anway despite the numerous ones available at EHAM for example. 

If you are trying to use the default ATC then you have to use the frequencies that exist in P3D, they are often not the same as real world ones.  To find them, open the P3D map and click on the airport.  One of the boxes that opens lists the frequencies for that airport in the scenery.  These can be changed by modifying the AF file (AFCAD) but if you're using default ATC I don't see the need for that.  Also, the P3D platform, as the ESP/FSX before it, do not use modern channelization which means channels closer together than 25 kHz cannot be used (120.925 is an example of 25 kHz channels. 120 mHz plus 925 kHz, spacing is 25 kHz.  I'm not familiar with 121.805,  a 5 kHz channel {European only?} for the 8.33 kHz spacing is the tightest I'm aware of.)

Dan Downs KCRP