Sign in to follow this  
Deltaair1212

P3Dv5?

What do y’all think v5 is going to bring as far as new features? Sloped runways? Better utilization of GPU’s? Maybe SLI utilization? Or maybe an updated ATC system. What are some features you want LM to tackle? 

5 minutes ago, Deltaair1212 said:

What do y’all think v5 is going to bring as far as new features? Sloped runways? Better utilization of GPU’s? Maybe SLI utilization? Or maybe an updated ATC system. What are some features you want LM to tackle? 

"Search" is your friend

19 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

"Search" is your friend

There’s a topic about what features you want to see in v5? Gosh, this website has everything. I’d better go look for that post. 

Hello all,

P3Dv5 ... Search is your friend .... only 950 odd pages of topics to look at....hmmmm

Search is your friend is not a really, really helpful reply particularly unless you have two or three weeks to spare for the search.

Whilst this (my) response may seem a little off, I would like to suggest that "Search is your friend" could possibly be accompanied with a search topic.

"Search is your friend" as a response also appears to me to be as brusque as my response here is.

Please do not think either, that I am having a "shot" at G-YMML (fellow Aussie I think, currently suffering in  the bleak cold south) as I am making a general comment. I am, further, more than willing to admit that a lot of new topics are introduced in this and other forae completely devoid of any prior research. However, if one has the time to make the effort to respond to a request for information, I think there are better response options available.

Apologies if I have offended anybody with this comment as it was NOT my intention.

Regards to all

Tony

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

I suspect G-YMML1 was referring to this recent topic -

This topic created in June may or may not satisfy member curiosity about new features in P3DV5.  I do not see how the topic could be completely discussed without anything left to be discussed.  Since we have a ton of topics about FSLabs I do not see any problems with a ton of topics about P3DV5.  But some members do get tired of seeing related topics all of the time.  I suspect this is why you received a less than friendly advice from G-YMML1 that "search is your friend".  I hope you realize you can post whatever you want here at AVSIM as long as it obeys our rules and the AVSIM Terms of Service. 

Personally I would like to see a much friendlier installer.  I recently installed a new MB and decided to install Windows 10 and then all of my thousands of addons to P3D.  But first I had to install P3Dv3.4 and when it came to activation, it told me I have to get a new license as I did not uninstall the old version first.  There are a lot of things going on in this world... politics, murders, suicides, the World Cup, rainstorms, and it is hard to remember little things like, do not delete P3D.  Uninstall it first before updating hardware or reinstalling Windows 10.  I am not sure I understand the reasoning for this policy.  It does not compute.  So, now I have to wait two business days for a new license or permission to continue to use my current license.  You know how many addons I could install to a working P3DV3.4 in two working days?

My input.

Best regards,

Jim

• Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

PBR along with a few minor changes to the graphics and maybe a few other, is my guess. And improved VR support. Maybe a new aircraft or two.

---

MSFS | DCS | X-plane 12

Whatever V5 brings the degree to which it brakes backwards compatibility with the major 3PD will be limited. my guess is that it will brake backward compatibility up to a point that the major 3PD's can deal with and updates to existing addons will as standard come with a price. I am guessing the days of free updates will be over with V5. This is of course all speculation but I expect that V5 will have no main thread and be asynchronous so that it can take full advantage of all CPU cores. It will also be DX12 and it will use PBR. I expect that 3PD in the know have already been informed of the road map for V5 and are already working on compatibility issues

Not to worry fellow sim-ers GYMML1 didn’t get under my skin... I actually found his response quite humerous in that there aren’t very many topics on v5. Which I think as a community we should defiantly start conversing about it. Although it may still be very far away, lord knows time does fly. It seems like just yesterday I was all frantic about when v4 would finally drop, and look at us now. A whole year has passed since it was introduced and now we’re already on v4.3! I just wanted to know what types of things our community could expect from this new version. For me, the one thing I just cannot stand in FSX, and P3D is the primitive ATC. That is just the one thing that eats me up! Not to say we don’t have good... replacements on the market but you’d think that in 2018 we’d have better separation, and the intigration of SIDS/STARS right out of the box. Maybe I’ll see my wish come true whose to say lol

Edited by Deltaair1212

With regards to the search aspect of things i often find that unhelpful. Usually end up with a multi page thread where the conversation quickly goes off on a tangent leaving the answer you are looking for buried away somewhere!

Or if you do reply then further conversation is cut off as the thread is locked as a necro.

At least that's my experience of forums in general!

Anyway back on topic and for version 5 I'd like them to basically start from scratch and rewrite the engine. Feature wise I'd like to see contoured runways, realistic cloud scaling and  vastly improves night lighting.

Also would be nice to have some user friendly airport editing tools.

So yeah not a big wish list then!

P3D & X-Plane 11 - Videos and streaming @ V Special 1

Top elements of my wishlist:

- sloped runways
- realistic autogen building scaling

If these two make it in the next version, I am already happy... Easy isn't it? 🙂

• Like 2

Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi / UGAM Ambrolauri)

I believe I will skip version 5. I am very satisfied with v4.3.

v5 will have to bring something very good that will make me change.

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

I'd like to see a modern "game" engine. We're getting there, but it could be so much better, so this is what i'd like to see personally. Also, somewhat improved default airports (graphics, data, etc) would be a blessing.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Realistic lighting and weather depiction engine.

Clouds should be true 3D objects (like a building). The fact, that clouds aren't illuminated by the sun and aren't objects which are subject to receive and cast shadows (I know, there're cloud-shadows). Also, you should be able to light up clouds with landing lights and strobe/nav lights.

Going away from texture sprites, which constitutes fake 3D clouds is highly on my wish list.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471