Sign in to follow this  
Iceman2

Pop up panels in VR (P3DV4.3)

Hi VR uses,

I was looking forward to all the new and improved features of 4.3 but after a fresh install I noted that the Virtual Reality menu wasn’t available. I uninstalled then re-installed the latest Nvidia Drivers and everything is good again, however I don’t get any pop up windows.

Is there a VR setup setting I’m missing or are the latest Nvidia driver re-install not working properly. I only install the Nvidia Driver not all the other options.

Possibly I need to do a full uninstall of P3D again.

Any thoughts from anyone before I uninstall P3D again?

thanks

IM

Edited by Iceman2

Do you have 2D panels transparency set to 100% in the graphics menu? This is a workaround for the white-screen on the FsLabs and PMDG's, but make 2D panels invisible in VR.

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

5 hours ago, GCBraun said:

Do you have 2D panels transparency set to 100% in the graphics menu? This is a workaround for the white-screen on the FsLabs and PMDG's, but make 2D panels invisible in VR.

Appreciate the reply. I fixed it by sadly doing another full install of P3D and now slowly installing 3rd party stuff again.  I'm wondering if it is ChasePlane or PTA that's causing the problem, I'm about to install them again. Fingers crossed.

Do you have any of these software(s) install and working ok?

Thanks for the white box tip though.

IM

Edited by Iceman2

5 hours ago, Iceman2 said:

Appreciate the reply. I fixed it by sadly doing another full install of P3D and now slowly installing 3rd party stuff again.  I'm wondering if it is ChasePlane or PTA that's causing the problem, I'm about to install them again. Fingers crossed.

Do you have any of these software(s) install and working ok?

Thanks for the white box tip though.

IM

Yes I do, but I don`t have 2D pop-ups because of the workaround to fix the white windows. Other than that, things are running pretty smoothly.

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus