Sign in to follow this  
tres2

It is fixed!

Happy to report that, thanks to Bert Pieke who suggested I go back to Carenado, and to Carenado themselves  who came up with what turned out to be the solution, my beautiful Premier is flying! The solution in my case was Carenado sending me another Navigraph.dll to replace the one already resident in my FSX root directory.

My attempt to substitute in a G 1000 for the Pro line 21 was a complete failure, my skills are nowhere near equal to that. But I was right in suspecting that the Navigraph database is at the bottom of it. So now, with the new Navigraph.dll I have been sent, everything works perfectly except the FMC and the Navigraph database which is not present. However, the autopilot works just fine.

I was able to install a copy of the Garmin 530 from one of my other Carenado airplane, the PC 12 I believe, and that has left me in a situation where I can navigate quite well just using heading mode. I'm thinking it must be able to link into Nav but I haven't figured that out yet.

I have never liked FMCs or any of the other highly computerized part of flying. Give me a basic Garmin and an autopilot and I'll take you anywhere in the world. That's how I'm doing it with the premier and it works fine for me. What a lovely airplane! I am delighted! I feel so happy to be vindicated with this airplane. I just knew it could be fixed! A lot of people might think it's no good without the FMC and all that computer stuff, but not me. I am delighted!

So I now have five Carenado airplanes, all five of which are flying competently, three of which I paid for, two of which were given to me by Carenado when I whined about to others which I couldn't make to fly. I finally got those two flying also but only after many, many hours of very hard work, anguish, discouragement, but finally vindication. No, I'm sure Carenado does not like giving anybody their money back. I'm in business myself and I'm very sympathetic to that. But they will bend over backwards to provide alternative solution, in my case I was offered alternative products on two occasions, both of which I was happy with.

So it's been a love/hate relationship over the last two years. Their grip on upper-level modern avionics can be a little weak at times and I'm sure everybody reading this has endured some of the same misery. But their modeling is outstanding, their airplane uniformly hand fly and ground handle very well and I believe they are sincere honest brokers

All I need to do now is get the Vnav part of that Garmin GPS to link to the airplane autopilot. I think one just needs to figure out the right buttons to push LOL!

Tres

Tres,

I also asked for help directly from Carenado for a crash to desktop everytime that I loaded the Premier. They asked me to delete the Carenavigraph.dll and try it. I did that and it still crashed FSX. Then I received an email on 7-3 saying that they were going to update the install package to fix it.

Here is the info that was sent to me.

"We've found the problem, but it's not solve-able by the customer, we're preparing the new installers to correct this issue, should be done by the end of the week."

Paul

Hi Paul, thanks for that!

I'm going to be watching with great interest to see if this means that one will be able to retain access to the Navigraph database as I, so far, have not. Sounds like they are trying though, I'll give them credit for that. Thanks for posting.

Tres

Great to know you have been pretty well supported.

My main gripe with Carenado is that their paint kits are dreadfully hard to work with.  When will they develop a paint kit for each model that makes sense and is easy to use, similar to PMDG, QW and even CS?  Come on guys, your aircraft are fabulous.  Just make it easier on repainters please?!

Cheers,  Brian L Robinson

Flight Simmer since 1983 - loving the brilliant Quality Wings 787 and all PMDG models!!

Hi Brian,

Well, I've been doing it since the 90s. I've done some scenery work but aircraft painting is something I've never gotten into. I feel your pain bro, but that's way above my pay grade LOL!

Followup to my earlier post. 

I was notified in an email from PCAviator yesterday the a new version was available for download since that is where I bought it. I downloaded it and it is now working. No CTD. This is on FSX boxed. So far no problems.